Wedding Woes
Options

Fri-yay

Phew. It's Friday.  Busy-ish weekend between my niece's Communion tomorrow and a big cleaning/decluttering job on Sunday, I'm hosting parties both days next weekend and I'll be in cooking/spot cleaning mode next Friday so I have some heavy lifting to do this weekend.  Purposely gave tests/assessments on Tuesday of this week so everything is graded, won't have anything work-related over the weekend.  Aiming for a very low-key pizza and movie night this evening, maybe the new Peter Pan on Disney+.  What's everyone else have on tap?

Re: Fri-yay

• Options
    So happy it's Friday! Not much planned this weekend. The girls both have games tomorrow but I'm thinking they'll be canceled with all the rain that's forecasted. 
  • Options
    It's going to be a busy one for us. We're going to Nashville tomorrow, leaving super early. Sunday we'll drive back in the morning and then I'm supposed to go to this food festival thing with some friends. Hopefully that's early enough that I can have some time Sunday night to just get my life in order. I still feel like everything is still chaos from house guests and I just want to cuddle with my dog for a while.
  • Options
    @STARMOON44, enjoy your upcoming trip!

They are letting me WFH today.  It's glorious!  Why won't they let me do this all the time?  The work output is no different than when I'm in the office, but is so much more comfortable.  But my boss was very touchy about it and told me to keep it under wraps that they are allowing it.  For this one half-day (eyeroll).  Oh well.  At least I have today.

This is the first time I'm WFH with our client's new system.  I was worried it wouldn't work and I'd have problems getting in.  Zero technical issues!  Access was just how it was promised and, overall, works a lot better than before.

First day of JazzFest for 2023.  They were practicing the sound system this morning and it starts at 11am.  Right when I'm off work!  I need to check out which bands are playing at the stage I can hear from my porch, so I can plan my weekend outside time accordingly, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2023
    Had my allergy shot this morning and it is really knocking me around.  I know it's worth it, I have proof already, but this last step is just blah.

There's a humanities synposium this weekend.  I'm going to a presentation on the Green Book in Missouri tonight.  Tomorrow there is a movie and panel discussion about the Remember the Removal bike ride, which I have followed for awhile now, so I'm super excited to see the film and meet some of the riders.  Sunday I'm going to our art musuem, b/c they do a fun spring exhibit/fundraiser where local florists and clothing designers chose an art piece and interpret it in their medium.  Sunday is just the open showing of the flower pieces.  They're usually stunning, so I'm really looking forward to seeing them.

I really need to do some deep cleaning in my apartment.  Otherwise, just chilling as much as possible.  There's a movie of the live show of Spirited Away next week that I really want to see, but I'd have to drive to the next town over.  It's not that far; I really hate driving in the evenings anymore, so I'm still debating going.  I might just see how I feel that day.

It's race weekend!  There's been a month long break b/c the China Grand Prix was cancelled, so I"m ready to watch!  I spoiled qualifying for myself this morning, but I'll still watch it here in a minute.  I knew better than to get online.
  • Options
    Good afternoon. 

We stayed up entirely too late watching the NFL draft.  DH is happy about the Colts pick.  Work is quiet today, which is good.   

DefConn woke up in a funk, with a headache and just kind of burnt out, so we let him take a mental health day from school.  We have 4 weeks left, but it's a long time between the end of spring break and school being out. Plus they've been doing state testing. 

We're heading to Cincy this weekend to hang with BIL/SIL and nephews. We are celebrating younger nephew's and SIL's bdays (both April babies).  We're going on a hike tomorrow.    I'm trying to get laundry done so we have the clothes we want/need.  Thankfully, work is slow today.  I should get my monthly reports started.  I'm probably going to have to work on them when I get home Sunday because things have been so hectic getting this new work type up and running. 

• Options
    My mum has a bad sprain on her foot. Like instep area :\
    Not a break {surprisingly} but this morning I dropped off some books, a mask and picked up a starbs for her :) Little care package.

BK wanted to do a Bluey theme but it's all online stuff and right now out of stock - so I asked BK with some options on a local spot I can just go pick it up and what she wants to do.
    Looks like we're doing unicorn again lol
  • Options
    I’m dragging today- I think it’s allergies but I’m over it. 

Early board meeting this morning but I’m seeing Six tonight! We have a wedding tomorrow and then hopefully relaxing and taking it easy on Sunday. 

I did not stay awake to watch the Bills pick @mrsconn23 but I’m happy! 
  • Options
    I knew I was drained and I was going to sleep in but I did not expect to wake up and look at my phone and see 10:52 am lol. H was up late doing homework so we didn’t go to bed until 1 and by that time I’d gotten a second wind so I drugged myself with some zzquil, but still. I’m feeling a little guilty but I’m trying to tell myself that obviously I needed it. 

Otherwise, I’m debating between running errands or just being a hermit inside the house today. I guess I have time to make dinner if I want to lol. 

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

• Options
    @MyNameIsNot where abouts in London? Exciting!
  • Options
    @leviosaa My vote is for hermit.  We all need those lovely hermit days inside the house.

Almost done work, then off on a 3 hour car ride to my sister's house to watch my nephews!  I am excited, but I hope I am not an annoying aunt this weekend.  It's been a while since I took care of "children", though my nephews are old enough to be self sufficient at this point.  

• Options
    A friend is in town for the weekend so last night (Friday) I went over to the friends' house where she is staying. Tonight I'm going over for dinner with a larger group. I haven't seen her since pre-pandemic. It was fun sitting around talking and having some wine. This group of friends and I use to do this all the time but it has been years since the last time!

Today I'm picking up our family pictures that we had done in October! Yes, October! We got the files in November, but I didn't meet with the photographer until January (I think) to order  the print for the wall and these little accordian books as gifts. I love this photographer's work but boy is she slow. I'll also finish my part of the packing for our trip. H gets home tonight and will have to get his stuff together. 

Our puppy finished training Thursday night and passed! He did really well. I think I'm going to enroll him in advanced and agility training. It will be good for all of us.

We leave tomorrow for SC and I am looking forward to some warmer weather!
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2023
    It's going to be a busy one for us. We're going to Nashville tomorrow, leaving super early. Sunday we'll drive back in the morning and then I'm supposed to go to this food festival thing with some friends. Hopefully that's early enough that I can have some time Sunday night to just get my life in order. I still feel like everything is still chaos from house guests and I just want to cuddle with my dog for a while.
    That’s where I was Friday @MyNameIsNot.  I haven’t been in so long and the downtown area has changed.  Still great bands but SO many people now.  It’s like Beale where they block off the streets on Broadway now. Fun - but I like Nashville precovid days.  I know in the last 3 years they had a LOT of people move there.  It shows.