Wedding Woes

Monday

Had a great weekend with lots of fun birthday celebrations, I could use a day off but will power through til the end of the school year.  How's everyone else?

Re: Monday

• Nausea is kicking my ass. I do not remember being this sick the first time around. Eating makes me sick. Not eating makes me sick. I can’t win. All I want to do is sleep. 
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2023
    @charlotte989875, I hope you start feeling better!  That sounds rough.

My weekend was a bust.  I was trying to be productive and just couldn't get anything done.

But I'm looking forward to this coming weekend.  My friend and I got tickets to an animal preserve that has a once a month "Sippin with Sloths" event.  You get to hang out in their enclosure and are served six different wines.  I'm not sure if you are allowed to pet or hold them, but you do get to handfeed them and be next to them. She and I have been talking about doing this for months and I'm glad we finally made definite plans.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @charlotte989875 have you started/done any kind of Gatorade?  I found that diluting it throughout the early pregnancy stages was what I need while I battled the 'baby hangover' feeling.
  • banana468 said:
    @charlotte989875 have you started/done any kind of Gatorade?  I found that diluting it throughout the early pregnancy stages was what I need while I battled the 'baby hangover' feeling.
    Yah I’ve been doing diluted propel throughout the day and if I get really sick a pedialyte popsicle. Takes the edge off a bit but not much 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2023
    Oh no @charlotte989875, that’s no fun.  Hopefully it subsided.
    I remember you mentioning that @short+sassy.  That sounds like so much fun! Do all the fun things before your move. 
    Do you have just this week @ei34?
    Tonight will be fun.  I have to go rent a rug cleaner from walmart or homedepot after work. I had another pipe leak on Friday and my regular carpet cleaner didnt work. If you remember, we found out about it in April, and I never disconnected the hose from the house.  I live there.  I know not to use it! However, it didn’t even occur to me that people NOT living in my house could use it.  I had my hvac guy out to do annual maitenence and cleaning, and he turned on the hose, flooding my room again.
    i have a claim in, but something tells me I’m at fault and they won’t cover it (that’s what it sounded like on the phone). But didn’t hurt to have an adjuster make the call.  If not, I’m hoping my Dad’s shoulder is better and they can come out to repair it before mold sets in.

• banana468 said:
    @charlotte989875 have you started/done any kind of Gatorade?  I found that diluting it throughout the early pregnancy stages was what I need while I battled the 'baby hangover' feeling.
    Yah I’ve been doing diluted propel throughout the day and if I get really sick a pedialyte popsicle. Takes the edge off a bit but not much 
    popsicles in general might be helpful
  • Weekend was mostly ok but so much drama.

Friday - BK goes to IL's - she throws up but she's okay otherwise. We figure something didn't agree. MIL gives bath, and she's back to normal self.
    Bedtime she starts itching. Nothing flag. M suggests checking her since she can't fall asleep and she will scratch until bleed.
    Discovered hives. MIL wipes with wet cloth, and M goes with Aquaphor to help.
    BK is covered in wealt type hives. Back is one entire irritation. Definitely having reaction but only itchy {no pain, etc}
    M takes her to emerg as pre-caution. Triage confirms it's reaction but since no pain or issues and just itchy, they suggest home and bath and new pj's - we have epi pen on hand already so they say to proceed if necessary.

1am giving BK a bath with cool water and put on eczema cream and already looks less irritated.
    Bed by 2am - obv she doesn't go to gymnastics.

BK and I ended up having nap on Saturday - M orders himself hot dogs but feels sick after a bit {assuming they aren't digesting well}
    I go to see "Jagged Little Pill" with MIL while SFIL goes to dinner with M & BK
    I get home about midnight.

M ends up having mild stomach flu, so he's up a lot. Unfortunately our mattress is becoming awful so I'm awake a lot when he is {also worried if he's okay}

Sunday I basically call my mum and tell her I'm coming over. I'm tired, M is sick and I do not want to solo parent.
    Nearly hit a doe on the way to my mum's place - so that was great.

Luckily BK had a blast at my mum's. I was able to sit and just half interact while being tired.
  • oh @charlotte989875 that's the worst. I'm sure you've tried a million things but a steady stream of popcorn, crackers, and hard candy (preggie pop drops were pretty good) was all that got me through the first few months. Enough that i didn't have the empty feeling, but not too much that i felt full. I hope you get relief!
  • Weekend was nice! Felt very extended as i only ended up working 2 days last week. Saturday we took them to a Home Depot kids workshop where they built a tiny putting green toy and we looked at tile. They both fell asleep in the car so we enjoyed a short car nap, then a trip to Target. Hung at home for a bit then ran some errands and stopped to play at the library for a bit. Yesterday had a nice time with the IL's and the planted the rest of our flowers outside. They boys were helping by scooping dirt into their dump trucks and dumping on the new flowers - it was super cute :)
  • Camelot was so fun if you’re in NYC go! Generally had a great weekend including a nice long walk yesterday. I’m going to try and get above 10k steps a day every day this week, fingers crossed. 
  • I had a lovely weekend.  Thursday I stopped at Shoe Carnival and was in/out in 20 minutes, with 3 new pairs of Anne Klein sandals for a total of $50 after clearance prices, rewards, and the cashier making me spin their stupid wheel.  Stopped at the local liquor store and suffered through my own self-embarassment at buying AF beer and wine.  Then to the dispensary.  Ran around Friday to get a pedicure, get my allergy shot, and get my eyebrows threaded, did some fast laundry, and had lunch with mom, before packing at getting onto the road around 3.  Perfect drive to StL.  Parked my car and stayed at friend's posh apartment all weekend.  Perfect weather for the rooftop pool.  We ended up skipping the Chihuly exhibit because I was so relaxed and sundrunk, I fell asleep and didn't want to get up.  We're already making plans to make up those tickets.

Today, I'm slowly removing all excuses to work out.  I've bought new workout bras, tops, leggings, and shoes (all the clothing I have workout related has got to be 10+ years old), a new tablet, and a arm/holder for said tablet, to use at my boxing machine.  I have newer yoga mats and my rowing machine needs nothing.  I've been getting up at 5 am without any issues for a few weeks now and between Lexapro and some other things, my energy levels are feeling a lot better.  Probably next week before everything gets here and I'll try to get this started.  I hate exercise, but I'd like to be more and stay more healthy in this aging process, so it's going to be a necessary evil.

Otherwise, SSDD.  Working on some big projects that just take time, which is so annoying.