Wedding Woes

Tuesday

How's everyone's week going? 

Re: Tuesday

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    Eighth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 14
    That’s so great that you found a group like that @Casadena. That support is so important for you. I’m glad you found it and all jive so well.
    I’m wfk, and also blowing my leaves to the curb. Our town as a free leaf pick up. I don’t know the schedule, but I need the leaves off my lawn and driveway. It may take ALL day to do it because I only have one battery and it lasts 15 minutes, and I’m too cheap to buy a second (maybe that’s what I’ll ask for Christmas lol).
    we’ve been asking our admin to bring in more heaters into the office because they still keep it freezing AND I’ve asked her numerous times to look for fridge water filters.  I even sent her a link to where to get them. It’s so funny to me that if someone asks for chocolate and candy she can get it into the office in a day or two because we have an account with office depot.  And apparently snickers is an important office supply? But getting warmth and clean water? Nope! Red tape all over that! 
    Anyway, I caved and just bought a filter with my own money and installed it yesterday.  I think only 3 people use the fridge water, so next time it’s on them.  They both make more than me! The rest of the people drink out of water bottles and I hate that.  For the taste, and also what it does to our Earth. 

Edit; also, everyone I talk to has been talking about Golden Bachelor.  I marathoned it on Sunday.  I just saw the women tell all last night and am shocked! Shocked with the rest of the world.  Is anyone else hooked? Lol

• Interview next week. I half really want an offer from them so I can come back to my current job and push for what I really want.
    I know I'm valuable here but I also deserve to not feel my career is haulted.

Anyways no response yesterday so I'm talking about Taylor and Travis

1 - they're really cute
    2 - i'm heavily glad she's not with another artist
    3 - his mannerisms are just so refreshing

Complete side note Kylie {Jason's wife} is really the winner here
    VarunaTTCasadenaSTARMOON44
  • Lol I’m not a Taylor (as an artist) fan but I’m happy for them. They seem really happy together and why hate on anyone in love, ykwim?
    yay for interview.  It could absolutely give you leverage where you are now. 

MissKittyDangerSTARMOON44
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    Tenth Anniversary 10000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    edited November 14
    @CharmedPam, Down here, most of the kinds of trees we have don't lose their leaves.  My H and I have been checking out real estate in Cincinnati, and that's been one of my "shocks".  SO many leaves!  I was looking at one smallish backyard and the entire thing was covered in about two layers of leaves.

Boo on the leaves.  But yay on the basements!  It's not a "must", but I really want a house with a basement.  They seem amazing for storage and even better if they are finished off into a huge living space.  Plus, I've never lived in an area that had basements.  In CA, you can't have basements because of earthquakes.  In New Orleans, you can't have basements because the water table is too high and we are very susceptible to flooding anyway.

My H and I both got our flu and COVID booster on Friday.  My arm is STILL sore and hurts a little to move/stretch it too far.  

I went to Walmart last night to pick up prescriptions.  I also did a bunch of shopping to fulfill my "Ibotta requirements" to get my free turkey offer.  Ibotta is one of those shopping apps, primarily for groceries, that gives cash back for buying certain items.  And sometimes they have promos for extra money or, around Thanksgiving, a free turkey and sides.  I just unlocked my "sides" offer now that I completed the turkey one.  Sides is a strong word, lol.  It's a can of cranberry sauce.  An Idahoan dehydrated mashed potatoes box...which to be fair, tastes better than it sounds.  A gravy packet and a couple other things.  But hey, it's free after I purchase 5 items with a cashback offer in the app.

The turkey was 16 items, which always takes me a long time to find that many things I want.  One thing that is really frustrating is, even though my list in the app was specific to Walmart, my local stores usually only carry about a third of the items.  So I'll have a list I picked of 150+ items but most of them aren't there.  Or, when I look at the price, it's not a very good deal even with the cash back.

I also had the WEIRDEST experience there last night.  At least 6 months ago, I was at this same Walmart and was leaving the pharmacy area.  A guy stopped me, who was still IN the pharmacy area, and asked a question (I don't remember what it was).  Then he gave me a unique compliment.  I don't remember what that was either, but at least wasn't related to my looks.  He was friendly and newish in town, so we talked for a few minutes and I gave him some advice about my city.  I definitely mentioned my H, jic he was hitting on me.  We exchanged names.

But then I noticed as I was totally leaving the pharmacy area, that he did also.  Hadn't grabbed a product from there or anything.  He had come into that area just to talk to me, which I found a little creepy.

Last night, I was in the grocery area.  Doing the Ibotta thing and kept constantly checking the app.  A guy came over to me and complimented me on what a budget-conscious person I was because he noticed that I seemed to be comparing prices on a few things.  I told him not quite that and explained the Ibotta app.  We talked for about a minute, about our love of getting a good deal.

But then he approached me two more times while I was shopping.  On the third time, we exchanged names and he introduced himself as Dan.  I remembered the previous "Dan" looking different, but wondered if it was the same guy.  He asked if I ever shopped at the pharmacy and I said I did.  He then exclaimed we had met before at the pharmacy, but he hadn't been sure I was the same person.  I told him I was and remembered talking to him.  Thankfully, he left it at "good to see you again, have a good night".

But wtf?  Is there something about me that draws him to me?  Or does he strike up conversations with random women all the time?  Probably both, lol.  I mean, nice enough guy and all.  And he's never said or done anything remotely inappropriate.  But I find his attention creepy and I hope that's the last time I run into him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CharmedPam, Down here, most of the kinds of trees we have don't lose their leaves.  My H and I have been checking out real estate in Cincinnati, and that's been one of my "shocks".  SO many leaves!  I was looking at one smallish backyard and the entire thing was covered in about two layers of leaves.

Boo on the leaves.  But yay on the basements!  It's not a "must", but I really want a house with a basement.  They seem amazing for storage and even better if they are finished off into a huge living space.  Plus, I've never lived in an area that had basements.  In CA, you can't have basements because of earthquakes.  In New Orleans, you can't have basements because the water table is too high and we are very susceptible to flooding anyway.
    I won't live in the midwest without a basement - tornado safety. However, I don't think Cincy has many tornados. Yes the leaves are definitely a thing here. We live in a heavily wooded area. H blows the leaves from the yard into the woods. He usually does 2-3 big clean ups and tries to keep the driveway clear of leaves, acorns and hickory nuts.
    CasadenaMNNEBrideshort+sassy
  • Saw DMB last night with DH.  The venue wasn't far from our house so we were home by 11 which wasn't too bad.  I'll try for an early bedtime tonight.

We're camping this weekend (Chiquita and me) so I have a week of prep ahead and then fast recovery to get prepared for Thanksgiving. 
  • mrsconn23 said:

Question of the day:  Do you dream about exes or former crushes?  
    Funny you should ask - I dreamt last night of my high school boyfriend. He's been a recurring person in my dreams for literally 20 years. 
  • Interview next week. I half really want an offer from them so I can come back to my current job and push for what I really want.

1 - they're really cute

Glad you're back!! I'm VERY into Taylor and Travis and i hope they live happily ever after. 
    STARMOON44
  • Being as close as I am to KC, there's a LOT of Taylor/Travis gossip/news.  I don't really care either way, but I'm always a fan of Taylor living her best rich girl life and how happy both of them seem and how positive of relationship it seems.  

I dream about my exes quite a lot actually, both of them.  Usually, it's a subconscious signal trying to tell me something.  It's mostly when I'm in a liminal space and trying to leave something behind me.  Usually it's the same dream or version of the same dream as well.  It doesn't disturb me too much anymore, I recognize the symbol now, and start thinking about what it is I'm trying to transition from/to.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Question of the day:  Do you dream about exes or former crushes?  
    absolutely!

Those dreams I don't really read into. Usually it's flagged for me as something was brought up about the person.
    I had a dream M & I split and I was going on a date with an ex to see if there was still something there lol
  • Casadena said:
    Interview next week. I half really want an offer from them so I can come back to my current job and push for what I really want.

1 - they're really cute

Glad you're back!! I'm VERY into Taylor and Travis and i hope they live happily ever after. 
    I am far too invested.
    The other night in buenos aires when she mentioned something about him in "karma" then ran to him - he fully let her take the lead and it's so cute.
    She's tall and finally got someone taller! I always saw her with ex's and she looked like she was trying to not be as tall - shrinking herself? - and now she isn't.
    It just makes me happy.

Also Travis and Jason's podcast is really funny lol
    STARMOON44
  • ei34ei34 member
    Knottie Warrior 2500 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    Love that you've found a strong support group @Casadena...wish your waiter knew who you were and comped your drinks or something, you're all absolute heroes and warriors

ExH sometimes pops up in nightmares/stress dreams, not sure if that's what was meant by the question? :/ I've never had a good dream with a coworker or ex, but then again I think we only remember something like 20% of our dreams?

I'm rooting for Taylor and Travis as I root for any two people who are happy together.  I'll admit I'm not a huge Taylor fan (I don't dislike her or hate her in any way, I just don't know many of her songs...I could name 4-5?).  I'm not the most astute pop culture person so it may have been another NFL player, but didn't Travis have a reality dating show back in the day?  I hope he doesn't just want attention and what better way than to date Taylor Swift?  I've seen his sideline dances I'd absolutely sleep with him based off of that so I mean I get it lol.  And do wish them well.

Weekend was really nice- the Polar Express ride was fun, got a lot done and had a nice enough (planned) playdate with the girl mom-acquaintance-with-cancer kept sending home to me.  Work was a shitshow yesterday but a touch calmer today.  Counseling and swim team bathing suit fittings this evening.  OH and it's oldest's half birthday...it was a really big deal to her this year so there will be a special dessert to celebrate.  You only turn 9.5 once.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    Eighth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 14
    I won't live in the midwest without a basement - tornado safety. However, I don't think Cincy has many tornados. Yes the leaves are definitely a thing here. We live in a heavily wooded area. H blows the leaves from the yard into the woods. He usually does 2-3 big clean ups and tries to keep the driveway clear of leaves, acorns and hickory nuts.
    Very much a thing. And then mother nature sees me out blowing them to the curb and goes “oh, hey girl hey, did you just spend 2.5 hours waiting for the battery to charge for the leaf blower? I bet you want to get your 20 minutes of work in so you can go recharge it for your next 2.5 hours right? Here.  Let me start my own natural wind and kick those leaves back in your face in the direction you don’t want it to go”. It’s fun. 

Funny you should mention that @mrsconn23.  I have been having some weird weird dream of exH.  Innocent and harmless - nothing romantic, just him IN them.  I’m sure it has to do with exSIL telling me what’s going on. Sometimes I appreciate it. Sometimes I just don’t wanna know.
    I don’t really dream of other ex’s or men I had in my life.  Usually the men in my dreams are unknown to me so they haven’t done me wrong yet. #truth
    I see clips of T&J’s podcast on FB and it does sound really great.  I’ve always wanted to listen.  Maybe next long car ride?
    Edit; but seriously why haven’t we talked about what a great specimen of a man Gerry from Golden Bachelor is? 

• @CharmedPam, Down here, most of the kinds of trees we have don't lose their leaves.  My H and I have been checking out real estate in Cincinnati, and that's been one of my "shocks".  SO many leaves!  I was looking at one smallish backyard and the entire thing was covered in about two layers of leaves.

I hadn't even thought about tornadoes.

I looked it up.  Alas, the risk for tornadoes is deemed "high" in Cincinnati.  Though it seems like they don't usually get powerful ones.  Since 1999, only 2012 had a tornado above an EF1.

The tornado that took out part of the roof of one of my duplexes last year was an EF2.  And it was an oldish roof.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    Tenth Anniversary 10000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    edited November 14
    ei34 said:
    Weekend was really nice- the Polar Express ride was fun, got a lot done and had a nice enough (planned) playdate with the girl mom-acquaintance-with-cancer kept sending home to me.  Work was a shitshow yesterday but a touch calmer today.  Counseling and swim team bathing suit fittings this evening.  OH and it's oldest's half birthday...it was a really big deal to her this year so there will be a special dessert to celebrate.  You only turn 9.5 once.
    Oh!  What happened with that mom?  Did you ever have a boundary setting convo with her?  Or became more unavailable, so she would get the hint?

I remember you'd updated that her cancer had gotten worse, so I wasn't sure if you'd taken any action yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    levioosa
  • Weekend was decent. We went to dinner with H’s parents, tried to convince them just to cater (we would help chip in) thanksgiving without success, and then had a little date night at home. Yesterday I had my therapy appointment and then cleaned the house and went to the gym. I bought way too much Indian food because I didn’t feel like cooking for a few days and I’m not upset about it, but it wasn’t cheap and I do feel a little guilty about that. Otherwise work today. Looking forward to the short week next week. 

In regards to dreaming about exes. I do rarely and I try not to put too much stock in it. Sometimes there are nightmares when I’m feeling anxious, which, doesn’t take a psychoanalyst to figure that one out. Occasionally there are sex dreams and they are completely unprompted. It makes me feel a little off but I just chalk it up to my lizard brain knows we had pretty great physical intimacy and sometimes it just wants to relive that. 

• Ugh, I have to give quick rant because it's bugging me and I just need to get it off my chest.

Most of my work is supporting "N".  He is usually great to work with and definitely more of a "praise" than "criticism" person.

But he sent me a package today to process for a warehouse order, that wasn't done in the usual way.  For example, I usually receive engineering drawings and then prepare the warehouse order for him to approve.  But the weird e-mail only gave me the stock code numbers with quantities, so I assumed that was the order.  I mentioned in passing that I didn't know the neat quantities, so I just used the actual quantities for that.

Here is this first sentence from his snarky reply back, "Welp.  If you checked the spreadsheet that I sent, you could see neat quantities."

No.  He didn't attach a spreadsheet to the first e-mail.  He didn't attach anything.

I will nicely point that out to him when that work is done and I reply back.  But I'm feeling salty about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ugh, I have to give quick rant because it's bugging me and I just need to get it off my chest.

Most of my work is supporting "N".  He is usually great to work with and definitely more of a "praise" than "criticism" person.

But he sent me a package today to process for a warehouse order, that wasn't done in the usual way.  For example, I usually receive engineering drawings and then prepare the warehouse order for him to approve.  But the weird e-mail only gave me the stock code numbers with quantities, so I assumed that was the order.  I mentioned in passing that I didn't know the neat quantities, so I just used the actual quantities for that.

Here is this first sentence from his snarky reply back, "Welp.  If you checked the spreadsheet that I sent, you could see neat quantities."

No.  He didn't attach a spreadsheet to the first e-mail.  He didn't attach anything.

I will nicely point that out to him when that work is done and I reply back.  But I'm feeling salty about it.
    Was one ever sent?  Because if there wasn't that's when I respond with, "Is it possible the spreadsheet was sent to a different person?  There was no spreadsheet in previous emails and my prior email is the confirmation that we are aligned in the quantities you requested.  This will be shipping tomorrow and if any changes are needed please forward them to my attention by 11 AM Central to ensure there is sufficient time to make any needed adjustments." 
    short+sassy
  • I feel like emails are an easy thing to prove and disprove! Like “see attached for the email that was sent to me”.  He probably thought he sent it and didn’t!

short+sassy
  • I feel like emails are an easy thing to prove and disprove! Like “see attached for the email that was sent to me”.  He probably thought he sent it and didn’t!
    I assume that was what he did.  Thought he attached it, but didn't.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I forget to attach things all the time! But I usually notice when the paper clip isnt on the email.  If it’s someone internal, and we’re all good I’ll be like “nope. THIS is the email with the attachment” or something like that. Like haha. I’m a doofus.  But I caught it pretty fast. 

I assume that was what he did.  Thought he attached it, but didn't.
    Yeah - but when you're an asshat and respond arrogantly that's when I delicately call out that creating a spreadsheet and SENDING a spreadsheet are not the same.   
    short+sassy