Wedding Woes

Tuesday

2»

Re: Tuesday

• I wonder if Canadian Homesense is worth it .... my SIL is obsessed with that store.  I just sold some decor from there for $50 - I find that insane for decor.

• kerbohl said:
    I wonder if Canadian Homesense is worth it .... my SIL is obsessed with that store.  I just sold some decor from there for $50 - I find that insane for decor.
    We passed that yesterday! And Marshalls.  Plus - if I really reach my weight limit on my suitcase(s), I can have my parents bring stuff back since they’re driving home mid January.
    *gulp* maybe I should stay away? i finally got my (non 0% apr) credit cards to $0.  Lol. 

• kerbohl said:
    I wonder if Canadian Homesense is worth it .... my SIL is obsessed with that store.  I just sold some decor from there for $50 - I find that insane for decor.
    We passed that yesterday! And Marshalls.  Plus - if I really reach my weight limit on my suitcase(s), I can have my parents bring stuff back since they’re driving home mid January.
    *gulp* maybe I should stay away? i finally got my (non 0% apr) credit cards to $0.  Lol. 
    From what I have seen the place does seem addictive ... I've gone in and out unscathed though.  I am not big into the home decor though - hubby has a particular style so instead of bothering to get anything that he just hates, I just let him handle it.  I do like my wood wick candles though.

• kerbohl said:
    @kerbohl, what was the Canadian price on that? Wondering if it’s worth begging for a ride to the store while Imm here since the exchange is good.  Taxes aren’t.  Or maybe just buy them online before the sale ends and have them shipped.
    $10!  Not bad at all.
    It’s not! My phone automatically switches to the currrency of the country I’m in, so when I saw $10 still, I’m like “did my phone not switch?” But I guess it did.  Still, Maurice’s is 20-25 minutes away from where I’m staying so it doesn’t make sense for that drive. $50 CAD is around $37.50 ish USD.  We’d spend that savings in gas.
    I was in price heaven at the Canadian Walmart.  Most things are the same price or lower than American prices! Not all though. When I got to the make-up section, everything was really overpriced even with the exchange rate.  American’s still have the one up on cheaper make-up and skincare. But I charge everything to my cc and then immediately go to my app to find out my real cost.  It’s a fun game! Lol.  Where else can I shop? Not that I need anything or have anymore room left in my suitcase.
    I was on a Reddit thread a couple days ago that was talking about what are cheaper to buy in the US vs. Canada and vice versa.

There was a lot of talk about OTC medications being drastically cheaper in the US.  They also talked about some things being OTC in one country and not the other.  I vaguely remember make-up/skincare being cheaper, also mentioned.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kerbohl said:
    kerbohl said:
    From what I have seen the place does seem addictive ... I've gone in and out unscathed though.  I am not big into the home decor though - hubby has a particular style so instead of bothering to get anything that he just hates, I just let him handle it.  I do like my wood wick candles though.
    I can't find Wood Wick stuff around here (Indianapolis) or on line. I really like their diffusing oil.