Wedding Woes

Wednesday

It should be later in the week than this for sure.

Re: Wednesday

• Definitely feels like it should be maybe Thursday....

Super mild weather here, but flash freeze tonight. So love that for us.
    At least after that, it's consistently warmer.

I've got crackle voice today from phlegm. I did vicks last night because something has to move. At least it's starting to.
    Hydrating is only thing I can keep doing all day to help it, meds are only temp and I wish I had lozenges :( 

Home is okay. I'm trying to get things moving but went to talk to M and he just didn't wanna talk so late. BRUH let's get it TOGETHER!!
    I asked him to do 2 things today at least to get it off the list.

I took the friday of March break off, so I'm doing groceries with BK. I haven't really decided what because of weather, but I told her if we can get groceries done and she behaves I'll figure out a treat.
    Maybe that will be lunch. Idk.
  • MIL is calling w/ medical updates for FIL relaying info to us.  And it isn't that I don't trust her because she said she was next to FIL the entire time the doc gave updates but I'm strongly urging DH who has medical POA to call the doc himself and get updates straight from the dude.   There's some lifestyle changes that are likely an immediate need and I anticipate tempers. 

It's rainy but warm and then the temps are going to drop like crazy with big wind.    I'm going to fill some water bottles in prep for potential power outages. 

• Day 6 finally starting to feel a bit better. J goes for his 2 month appointment this afternoon. He’s sick (again) and I feel like every time I take him I’m worried they’re going to send us back to the hospital. It’s been a wild two months. 

It was beautiful this morning and by the end of the day we’re supposed to have bad wind and snow. At least I got to walk to my PT appointment in 60 degree weather this morning! 
  • H has an opportunity to apply for a job within his company, in a different division, doing work he’d actually really like! It would be in an actual business line and doing work he’d be great at (and has done before). He met with the hiring manager and she even said she knew he’d have no problem doing the job. The downside though is that it’s working with clients after market, so could be a lot of uncertainty, a lot of working on tight deadlines, and unpredictability. 

He hates where he is now, this is a great opportunity, but the timing seems awful. I still think he should apply and we make it work if he gets it, because it might not come open again. Ugh. WWWWD?
  • We had record high temps on Monday (68 degrees) but a front moved in and we got snow overnight (~1") and now it's in the teens.  This weekend the forecast is for mid to high 60s.  I love the warmer temps but the roller coaster is hard to take.

SSDD here.  I've got a cold/sinus/allergy thing going on with running nose and watery eyes.  Probably due to the weather and allergens popping up since the ground isn't frozen.  

Had my annual review at work.  It was good.  It's strange, but we don't get merit raises or bonuses at our institution.  There is an annual raise that kicks in this pay period so that's a plus.  

@charlotte989875, glad you are starting to feel better.  Hope J's appointment goes well.
    @short+sassy - After 40 the check engine light starts coming on.  Hope you can get some of your symptoms figured out.
  • @charlotte989875 I agree with you on H's job stuff. He should at least apply and then start weighing how much he hates his current stuff vs how he thinks he'd handle tight deadlines, etc even if he really likes the actual work. Worst that can happen is he decides to stay where he is!

I'm so sorry to hear about J being sick again too, right as you're recovering, it's such a roller coaster!! 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I hope the appt goes well @charlotte989875, you guys need a break
    That sounds like such a nice program @Casadena, I hope it brings G joy!
    Was up from 1:30-3;30 stress worrying about the latest exH drama, and dragging today as a result.  The girls have a district wide chorus concert tonight, they’re so excited and I was able to run out on a free and grab them small but bright and pretty bouquets, but part of me is wishing I was jus vegging on the couch tonight. 
  • I'm pissy and needy today because existence, so that's fun.

Otherwise, just grinding away at work. 

My new vanity came in, but I can't really build it, b/c the spot it goes is filled with the old bed that is going to the dump this weekend.  All of my party mocktail leftovers are sitting on the dining room table b/c I need to move stuff to my vanity, which will open up another rolling car, so I can have another bartending rolling cart.  It's these real problems that keep me up at night.  ;D
  • Good afternoon.  It's only Wednesday and this week is running the gamut work-wise. 

So is the weather. It was 70 yesterday and now it's about 30 and super windy.  At least it's sunny.  We'll be back to the 60's by Saturday.  

I slept like absolute garbage last night.  I'm hitting a wall, but I really need to work on my monthly reports so I'm not super behind next week, since it will be another busy one.  

Poll: Do you and your partner WFH together?  If so, do you share an office or work in separate rooms? 
  • @mrsconn23 we work from home together almost every friday, and some other random days. I work in the dining room, he's in the office/guest bedroom that he has set up for himself bc he's WFH almost 100% of the time. He sometimes will go to his corporate office if i'm home. 

• So although I got the all clear in January and this likely isn't related to surgery, I'm pretty sure my belly button is infected.
    Doesn't hurt but nasty yellow stuff is there. I've cleaned it and done what's suggested online, but I think I need a clinic appt to be sure.

It's a weird area and I'm not super thrilled.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Good afternoon.  It's only Wednesday and this week is running the gamut work-wise. 

So is the weather. It was 70 yesterday and now it's about 30 and super windy.  At least it's sunny.  We'll be back to the 60's by Saturday.  

I slept like absolute garbage last night.  I'm hitting a wall, but I really need to work on my monthly reports so I'm not super behind next week, since it will be another busy one.  

Poll: Do you and your partner WFH together?  If so, do you share an office or work in separate rooms? 
    When DH and I are both WFH we aren't working in the same room or even the same floor.  He goes into the basement w/ the door closed and I'm in my office.  Sometimes in nicer weather he goes outside.  

-I need my 3 screens
    -He can't work in any place where his screen can be seen by others due to company requirements of secure stuff. 

It's better for us that way anyway.  If we tried to WFH at the same time I think there would be murder.
  • Bad weather roared through Chicagoland last night. We were in the basement with the boys. GS3 had already fallen asleep and didn't budge when SIL picked him up. The other two hadn't fallen asleep yet so that was a little later than usual. I work up feeling awful. My stomach was really bugging me. I had a protein shake for breakfast and didn't eat the rest of the day. DD bought some chicken noodle soup for me for dinner. I ate the whole can and am feeling a little better - I think. H told me to stay an extra day if I need to but I have appointments on Friday. I could miss one but don't want to reschedule my mammogram.

Hope J's appointment goes well @charlotte989875. What a great program for G @Casadena. I'm sure he will love it.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Good afternoon.  It's only Wednesday and this week is running the gamut work-wise. 

H is WFH 100%. I go in about 1 day a week, so mostly WFH. We each have dedicated office spaces (mine is a repurposed bedroom on the 1st floor, his is a bonus room space above the garage.)

We've been WFH together since well before pandemic, so we have some established patterns about respecting each other's workspace and such because we're both easily distracted. Which is probably why we're both so well suited to WFH in the first place.