Wedding Woes

You need to move on, from this and your marriage.

Dear Prudence,

I am in an unhappy marriage. It feels lonely and empty. I am in love with our kid, though, and fear what will happen to him. I opened up about this to the person I have always loved and trusted, and we set up to meet after 20 years! We talked about the rules of this meeting, since I am married. He canceled the meet only a few hours before, saying he can’t do this. He has been gone since then. Not a word! I am devastated and cannot move on. He has been there for 20 years and I cannot let go! How do I heal? How do I live without him?

—Can’t Let It Go

Re: You need to move on, from this and your marriage.

• LW can't have their cake and eat it too.  This person did them a huge favor by not complicating either of their lives any further.

The LW needs to work on their marriage or end it.  And for ffs stop pining over someone they haven't seen in 20 years.  They've cast themselves as the heroine in a tragic romance.  Just stop it.  This is real life and it's super unlikely this guy was the "one that got away" or the Prince Charming that will save her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wait, I’m confused. You’re in an unhappy marriage and you told- someone else. And you’re devastated they didn’t want to help you cheat? 

Tell your spouse and move out.