Wedding Woes
Options

Monday

How was everyone’s weekend?
Sending all of the quick / painless work week vibes!

Re: Monday

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    My weekend was busy, definitely wish I was off today.  My throat is scratchy but not enough to call out, it’s just irritated in an allergic kind of way. 

Palm Sunday dinner was really nice and everyone enjoyed the carrot cake and cookies.
  • Options
    I bet that area was nice @levioosa.  Glad you enjoyed it!
    I saw like 45 minutes of poor things too.  I’ll probably continue it but it’s very WTH am I watching for sure!

Friday was a board and brush craft project.  Sign making.  My first time going and I choose a very intricate piece with a lot of parts.  It was a wooden block calendar for my brother.  I felt like I was rushed and my project looks sloppy because of time. They had me peel the stencils way too soon and the paint was still wet. I was going to have my friend take some pictures of me making it so I can be “I made that!” when he opens it, but it’s very apparent it’s homemade (and not well) lol. 
    Saturday was a comedy show with the new meetup (my old one is slowly disbanding) and the guy was NOT funny. Matt CcCluster or something like that. I mean, he wasn’t horrible, but I gave him more pitty laughs than real ones. After it, we decided to go to a boba tea/dessert place that was open late and not a bar for more drinks.  These are my peeps.
    Sunday was a house clean and Ghostbusters.  I enjoyed it. I liked it better than Afterlife. 

• Options
    @banana468 I'm glad you're helping her learn the skills to deal with the ADHD.  I still get caught up in things now that I can recognize, but it's still hard to get through.  She'll be much better off and that makes me happy for you guys.

Weekend was great.  I put together my vanity.  It' svery well made and I do like the look.  I think I jwas just so focused on making sure the width of the piece would fit into the space I had, I didn't really look at the other measurements.  I wish it was just overall bigger in height and depth.  However, I have some ideas on how to continue to make it work for me.  My bathroom already feels so much better and more organized and spacious.  Also realistically, even with the dimensions it has now, I probably would've bought it because it ticked off a lot of other wants/needs.

I had so much fun at the photographer's party and then we went out to the anniversary party at our local hangout bar.  I ended up staying until bar close (who even am I) because I was just vibing and having a great time seeing the show and so many friends who just don't come out unless it's for something special.  Sunday was a lot of recovery sleep and household chores.  I did skip working out, but I'm forgiving myself.  My calves had enough of a workout in the heels i was wearing.

Woke up this morning with some allergy issues. Oh and my period finally showed up (it's been at least 8 weeks and I think it's closer to 12 weeks really).  I immediately felt emotionally better.  However, it has chosen to loose the cramps of hell on me, so I also got sick this morning.  So I kinda look at hot mess at work, but there's not much I can do about it, this is how my body feels/looks right now.
  • Options
    @VarunaTT I think she likely needs a behavioral therapist who can help her.  Right now we're contending with anxiety and ADHD issues and I need to find one that is a good fit.  

She's bright, full of enthusiasm and really loving.  But we need to harness the energy, know when to stop (like...sometimes kid you need to know when to quit it because it stopped being funny) and as the rigors of HS hit, we need to be organized and self sufficient.  I'm in there and helping her but it's not a sustainable approach.   
  • Options
    Weekend was pretty good. Went out to dinner with my bff for her birthday on Saturday then Sunday was swim and H’s sisters house. Pretty uneventful but that’s good. J is sleeping better- getting up once at night up for 1.5 to 2 hours. Not bad. 
  • Options
    Breakthrough for M, @charlotte989875! Yay
    so glad the new job is panning out @kerbohl.  Worker friends make or break the day

• Options
    @charlotte989875, yay M!

@kerbohl, I'm so glad to hear how well your job is going!  Congrats again on the new and better position.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker