Wedding Woes
Options

Tipping Etiquette for B&B

This is our first time staying in one. Do you tip for your stay? I know in general you don’t tip owners of businesses but I’m thrown off by how service oriented (provided food, very helpful with local suggestions, etc) and I’m not sure if we’re supposed to tip or not? Help, knotties. 

Re: Tipping Etiquette for B&B

• Options
    I never even thought of it tbh.  I never have…

• Options
    I don't tip, mostly b/c so many of them hire out the cleaning services now and/or charge a lot for that cleaning fee.  All of that other stuff though, they really want a good review and they want that extra stuff mentioned in the review.  I make sure to do a good review for the ones that deserve it...and I try to be decent to the ones that don't too.
  • Options
    A legit B&B? I don't think we did tip when we stayed in one.  Agree that they were the owners so they set their rates and we handled accordingly.  That said if they set us up with other people while we stayed we did tip those who provided a service like a car driver. 
  • Options
  • Options
    I don't tip for short-term rentals.  It's either the owner cleaning, and I feel like owners for anything shouldn't be tipped, or they hire a service which you are already paying for with the cleaning fee.

But it's super important to give a 5-star review, along with a detailed positive review if you feel so inclined.  If there were minor things wrong, let the host know, but don't dock them any stars.

AirBnb are real AHS about stars.  They consider anything less than 5 stars as a "fail" and will punish hosts if their average rating goes below something like 4.5. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker