Wedding Woes

Tuesday

Today kicks off just an insanely busy stretch of days. More so than usual. Boo. My right knee is also sore…I can walk on it, but not without a slight limp. Oh well.
How’s everyone else? 

Re: Tuesday

• CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    G has his first counseling session this morning at the wellness center for people affected by cancer today. She's very warm and he met her briefly at the therapy dog even last month so i'm hoping it goes well (H is taking him). They are going to focus on feelings around getting his port removed next week. 

Going back to school yesterday after a week off was rough for G. He didn't nap and had an absolute meltdown when he got home and was just inconsolable for about 15 minutes. Once he got all the "screamies" out we sat down and had a nice dinner and he was asleep at 7:30.

I broke down and let N sleep in our bed most of last night. He's in a phase where he's not sleeping super hard and gets super upset when we're not in his room and then will not go back to bed. He actually came to get H last night but H did not wake up. I'm also getting tired of falling asleep on bedroom floors, so at least I got to sleep in my bed last night. We're overhauling the bedtime routine situation as soon as G is done with chemo in May and it cannot come soon enough!

Got the boys signed up for all their stuff! We decided to go with a neighboring town park district for most activities and their signup is a lot less crazy. Gymnastics and swim for N, golf and swim for G :)

@ei34 I'm sorry about your knee! Feel better!
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I talked to my friend last night about the jealousy I was experiencing and the where/how it was coming from.  She sat with me about it, we talked through it, and we thanked each other this morning.  Me to her for listening, her to me for telling her so that we could work through it.  It's still going to take some time, but at least we can maybe laugh about it now.

Otherwise, SSDD.  Things seem to have settled a bit.  I'm trying to figure out a vacaation at some point, but it doesn't look like I can do much until close to Thanksgiving/Christmas.
  • I'm exhausted today. I'm dog-sitting for a friend and her dog does not get along well with mine, so we've been keeping them in separate rooms. I love this little monster, but I'll be really glad when she can go home and I can stop worrying about her. 

Nothing much else going on here. We have a trip in May and I need to get on top of some plans, but it just seems overwhelming right now. 
  • For the last couple weeks, I've been a lot better about going to bed earlier so I can get more sleep.  I've been feeling better and have had more energy.  But last night was unfortunately an exception!  I went to bed super late and then barely slept.  I am really dragging today.

My tire has had a slow leak for a few weeks now.  I know, I know!  I should have taken care of it sooner.  It's gotten really bad, so my H came to my work to drive it over to Firestone.  Fortunately, there is one that is walking distance to my job, so I can walk over to pick it up when I get off work.  I actually got the tire from there and it is still under "warranty".  If they can just fix the tire, there won't be a charge.  But if they have to replace it, I'll have to pay something.  Though less than what it would normally be because of the "warranty".

One of my coworkers is originally from Lebanon and he brought in some maamoul cookies.  They are filled cookies and pretty good.  The cookie part is surprisingly not very sweet.  But the filling is.  I got ones that have a date filling and a pistachio filling.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yesterday was Dyngus Day and I took J in his little carrier with some ear covers and we danced with my mom, her sister and my cousin! And I was still have by 6:30 and in bed early! 
  • levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I slept terribly. For some reason my (usually perfect kitty) was just so. needy. last night. I gave her the evil glare this morning and she finally left me alone for while. I also had some weird dreams. I ran my first outdoor flatish mile in a long time yesterday (if I run it’s usually more uphill/downhill or intermittent sprints on a treadmill). My mile time was pathetic compared to my fastest high school/college days but I guess better than I thought it would be. 

Otherwise SSDD. I’m annoyed because I forgot gym shoes at home. I was going to the gym after work and I have a whole outfit ready except for the shoes. Lame. 

I hope your knee feels better! @ei34

I like the tattoo! @CharmedPam

I hope the tire is covered! @“short+sassy"

Fingers crossed! @casadena. And good sleep vibes! 

• DH has been sleeping poorly.  He's breaking in the CPAP that he just qualified for and by breaking it in, I mean he's working up to tolerate it.   Last night he made it 4 hours and slept poorly the rest of the time.  We're hoping that he can work up to using it all night and see if he wakes up far more rested than he currently is. 
  • banana468 said:
    DH has been sleeping poorly.  He's breaking in the CPAP that he just qualified for and by breaking it in, I mean he's working up to tolerate it.   Last night he made it 4 hours and slept poorly the rest of the time.  We're hoping that he can work up to using it all night and see if he wakes up far more rested than he currently is. 
    Good luck to your H. I have friends whose husbands swear by them - as long as they use.
  • banana468 said:
    DH has been sleeping poorly.  He's breaking in the CPAP that he just qualified for and by breaking it in, I mean he's working up to tolerate it.   Last night he made it 4 hours and slept poorly the rest of the time.  We're hoping that he can work up to using it all night and see if he wakes up far more rested than he currently is. 
    Good luck to him. It takes time. My H has been using one for close to 10 years now. It took months for him to get really comfortable with it, but now he feels weird sleeping without it.