Wedding Invitations & Paper

No kids

Hi.. having trouble on how to word on our invites /Wedding website that we are having a no kids wedding. We are inviting older our older cousins who are 13 and up. Both my fiancé and I don't want small kids at our wedding and we have shared that with our families and friends. 

Re: No kids

• Hi.. having trouble on how to word on our invites /Wedding website that we are having a no kids wedding. We are inviting older our older cousins who are 13 and up. Both my fiancé and I don't want small kids at our wedding and we have shared that with our families and friends. 
    Are you inviting older kids and not their younger siblings? 

It would be rude and tacky to put wording on your website regarding no young kids. The right thing to do is only list the names of the ones invited on the invite. 
  • The older kids in our families do not have younger siblings so this is not the case. If it was I wouldn't be asking for advice on this matter 
  • Hi.. having trouble on how to word on our invites /Wedding website that we are having a no kids wedding. We are inviting older our older cousins who are 13 and up. Both my fiancé and I don't want small kids at our wedding and we have shared that with our families and friends. 
    Just address invites to who is invited (i.e. the individual names of the parents) and leave out who isn’t. If people ask just say the invite is for Rachel and Ross not Emma and Ben. 
  • I think you just address the invitations to those invited vs. writing out who you're excluding.

In addition to the other question, I hope it's also not picking and choosing nuclear households in the same generation.  For example if you have a cousin and he has a 13 and 15 year old that are invited but his brother has an 11 and 9 year old that are not, it can come across as picking and choosing sides.   I just experienced this over the summer where DH and I were told "there's no room for kids" but the truth after we arrived was, "There is no room for YOUR kids."   In our situation it was not based on age and stung.

• Totally agree with all PPs
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Hi.. having trouble on how to word on our invites /Wedding website that we are having a no kids wedding. We are inviting older our older cousins who are 13 and up. Both my fiancé and I don't want small kids at our wedding and we have shared that with our families and friends.

It is perfectly acceptable to not invite children to your wedding.  However, it would not be accurate to state you are having a "No Kid" wedding. Address the invitations specifically to those invited. 
    Mr. and Mrs. John Smith
    John Smith, Jr.
    Mary Smith

If you have already shared this preference with friends and family, there should be no need for additional explanation/clarification.