Wedding Woes
Options

Friday eve

CharmedPamCharmedPam member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited April 4 in Wedding Woes
How’s everyone this Thursday? 
The last few days at work I’ve been wearing nice black jeans & a top. Today, I’m getting ready for work and I don’t have many pants pants left so I put on a pair of light colored jeans.  Ever since we’ve been back to the office in 2022, jeans are allowed but it’s kind of an unwritten rule that darker jeans look more “dressy” for the office. Our office ALWAYS wore them though. 
I come in today and who’s here? The president of the company.  Surprise visit.  I felt like a scrub.  But felt soooooo much better when the next 4 people trickled in also looking very “comfortable” - including my own direct boss lol. 
I was so happy to see my favorite legging brand (simple addiction) restocked PLUS they had a buy 3 get 1 deal on leggings so I’m excited for my new haul.  They’re flares. My wide calfs shouldn’t be accentuated.  But now I’m rethinking my light blue periwinkle choice because of the fat cat….I usually get these in darker colors to hide that area….so I’m now looking for longer than usual shirts to wear with it. Lol. 

Re: Friday eve

• Options
    Had coffee with my work friends who are also on leave. We all have boy babies and are going back to work around the same time. It’s nice to get together with other people!

J has a cough again so sleep was a little rough last night. Hoping this is the worst and he’ll be better soon!
  • Options
    @CharmedPam, jeans are not allowed in my work's dress code.  They have a special deal on Fridays in October, where you can wear jeans for each Friday you donate $5 to breast cancer.

With all that said, it's gotten very lax over the last couple years.  Maybe it's pandemic related, but then it's also not like we were WFH so that wasn't different.  Just for my own sense what feels prudent, I might wear colored jeans M-TH.  Thought I don't usually.  And I only wear blue or black denim on Fridays.

From what I've been told, this place used to be SUPER formal.  Like suits and men had to wear ties.  But after the Katrina floods destroyed a lot of employees' belongings, the dress code changed to business casual.

Not much going on today.  I'm really busy, but also kind of over it.  NGL, I can only be under intense pressure for a short period of time.  I will be dedicated to getting things done as quickly and efficiently as possible.  I'm stressed and worried about it.  But after about two weeks I mentally check out and stop caring, at least to an extent.  I still work diligently, but have more of a "they'll get it when they get it and I'm not going to worry about it" attitude.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I slept so well last night.  I don't full 100% refreshed, but I definitely feel a lot better.  Slept so well, I overslept for a early work morning, but it was apparently okay, IDK, he can deal.

Bought movie tickets for myself.  I've got to start keeping myself busy at other things/hobbies again.  

Otherwise, SSDD.
  • Options
    I'm just over it today. My work project is two steps forward, one step back at every turn, and everyone is just cranky. I applied for a promotion (one level up on my same team) last week and now I don't even know if I really want it with how difficult everything is. 

Visiting dog gets picked up today. I love her, but it will be nice to not have to be so vigilant about keeping her separated from my dog. Hopefully the rest of the week will zoom by and it can be weekend. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    We can wear jeans on Fridays if we wear school shirts. Go Wildcats! *eye roll*

Attempting to cram two NYSSMA (a music thing) auditions, a softball practice, and a Boy Scouts meeting into a 3.5-hr timeframe later today.  Tired of feeling busy but it is what it is.  
  • Options
    We used to have jeans on Friday only if you wore corporate swag. Now we have a “dress your day” policy where if you’re not meeting with clients or executives you can be casual. And some people are VERY casual. I usually went for the dark jeans, T-shirt and blazer with sneakers or Rothy’s (or usually Rothy’s sneakers!)
  • Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited April 4
    ei34 said:
    We can wear jeans on Fridays if we wear school shirts. Go Wildcats! *eye roll*

Attempting to cram two NYSSMA (a music thing) auditions, a softball practice, and a Boy Scouts meeting into a 3.5-hr timeframe later today.  Tired of feeling busy but it is what it is.  
    All the schools I went to had the weirdest mascots.  When you always have to explain what your mascot is, poor choices were made.

My high school is the Tritons.  A Triton is a minor sea god.  Our logo was a Poseidon looking dude coming out of a wave and holding a trident.

My community college was the Gauchos, at the time.  Which means "skilled horseman" in Spanish.  Like a cowboy.  But long after I went there, people complained it was culturally insensitive and it was changed to the Bobcats.

My college was the Tukwuts.  Pronounced like TOO-quat.  Which was a local Indian's tribe name for a CA mountain lion.  I actually just Googled it because I couldn't remember how the word was spelled.  And look at that!  They've changed their mascot also since I went there, lol.

They decided they wanted a mascot that had more "ring" to it.  They had the students vote between cougar or mountain lion and Cougar won. 

So, yeeeaaaah.  Tritons, Gauchos, and Tukwuts.  Each one a more bizarre choice than the last, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm here! I'm here!  It's been a crazy week!  I'm about to post Prudie!  :)

Oh and screw winter for returning.  At least next week looks better! 
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    I suppose I could wear (nice) jeans and probably no one would say anything to me about it. One of the NPs here used to wear her lab coat with work out spandex and while I found it unprofessional it didn't look grossly out of place on her for some reason. 100% I could never pull it off though. I don't even look good in scrubs. It's so funny but people treat you drastically different based on appearance. And I get treated so much better when I have on business attire vs scrubs. It's so odd.