Wedding Woes
Options

You. Need. To. Talk. To. Him.

Dear Prudence,

My boyfriend and I have been together for two years, and we’re both in our early 20s (I’m 23 and he’s 24). Most of our relationship has been long-distance, which surprisingly hasn’t been too challenging. We have excellent communication. He has a great job in the city and enjoys living there with his friends, while I work in a field that’s mainly found in rural areas. Job opportunities for me in cities are scarce, and the city’s noise and chaos make me anxious. I’m open to changing careers or even being a stay-at-home mom if we decide to start a family. I understand we should enjoy the present, but I’m concerned about our future. How can we build a family if we always want to live at least 90 minutes apart?

—Country Girl With a City Boy

Re: You. Need. To. Talk. To. Him.

• Options
    If you have great communication, as you say, you need to be able to talk about this. 

Do you ever want to live together? What does that look like? How do you both preserve your options of living together/ the relationship doesn’t work out? If you’re serious about being together long term these conversations, many, over time, are necessary. 
  • Options
    Don't give up your career for a man.

Also, suburbs exist.