Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

It has been quite the eventful 2 weeks. What's up with everyone today?

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    Took N to the ped yesterday and he tested positive for strep. So in the last 2 weeks we've had Covid, Flu A, and strep in our house. Plus a chemo delay, surgery delay, and horrible horrible allergies all around. We're still on for G's stuff on Thursday so hopefully we all stay healthy through next week since G will be extra immune compromised. The only upside is that everyone has been sleeping pretty well! 
  • Options
    Fingers crossed that y'all stay well @Casadena. H is leaving today for a trustee event at his alma mater. I'm staying home since the first two days have absolutely nothing for me to do. I'm not boarding the pup and then staying in a hotel for 2 days! Today is also our anniversary. 

I'm trying to switch seasonal  clothes today. I'm leaving layering stuff in case (when) we have a cold snap. I also need to get rid of stuff. I hate doing that but it is greatly needed. I also need to go attack some more weeds. I love this time of year but hate the weeding which exacerbates my allergies.
  • Options
    Oh no @Casadena! Is surgery this Thursday or next? 
    @ILoveBeachMusic, I wanted to do that, but as we said at work yesterday, in our office you dress like it’s winter all season long since the air in on all year. Ugh!

We also got a “dress code” email reminder sent from the prez on Friday.  We all knew who it was targeted to and everyone dressed so nicely yesterday lol.  My boss said she talked to him and be said it wasn’t just us, the corporate office was slacking.  But c’mon that email was very well timed. 
    No news on my car yet, but I figured if they knew they had it all day, they’d take all day. The check engine light went off yesterday too, but it did that last time which is why I never got it looked at. Fingers crossed it’s minor.
    Also, pic of my tat is attached.  It’s about 90% healed.  You can see some peeling.  I still don’t like the size of it, but I’m well aware that I don’t have tiny dainty ankles, so it probably had to be this big. And I put on some fun sandals. No, those aren’t my wfh footwear. 

• Options
    All the healthy vibes @casadena, you’ve had a rough 2 weeks. Step is terrible! 
  • Options
    I have less than a month left of leave and feeling it today. I just- don’t want to go back. Being home with J has been great. Im not ready to go back to work just to help make money for already rich people (okay I know that’s not the only thing I do, just angry at capitalism today). 
  • Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 16
    @Casadena, Too much!  Your poor family.  I hope N feels better soon and you all finally get a long break where no one gets sick.

@ILoveBeachMusic, Happy anniversary!  But what a bummer your H has to travel for it.

It has been ROOF time for me this last week.  We own four properties, including my own house, and got new roofs for THREE of them.  It's nice to finally be getting this done but needless to say, now I am just hemorrhaging money.

I wish you could buy roofs "Costco-style", lol.  "Milk, eggs, a rotisserie chicken...oh yeah, throw on a 3-pack of roofs."  They did give us about a 5% discount for getting all three done with them.  Which I appreciate!  But also not what I would call a "bulk" discount.

My own duplex has solar panels for my meter.  JIC anyone is wondering how much it costs to take solar panels down and reinstall them after a new roof is put on...that would be $3200 (sigh).  Which was by far the cheapest we could find.  But we save about $800/year with them.

The roofing company we are using have an electrician they contract out for that kind of thing.  He was going to charge $4500.  We called two solar companies.  One was higher than that and the third is the $3200 place we are using.  They were at the house yesterday taking them down.  They will come back on Thursday or Friday to put them back up.  My H spent yesterday giving the panels a good cleaning with soap and water, since they were down.

He said he was surprised how clean they were.  I said, "Well, they get rained on all the time!"

Our poor dog Izzy was BESIDE herself yesterday!  I think in her mind, people who come to our house are there to visit her.  Only there to give her lots of pets and attention.  And if they're outside, then it's ball time!  But then that didn't happen and we were mean and didn't let her outside while the new people were there.

When my H was cleaning the panels, Izzy excitedly grabbed a soap bubble out of the air.  He said she then made a face and did not try to eat another soap bubble, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    all the healthiest vibes your way @casadena what a stretch you guys have had 
    Ugh hugs @charlotte989875 our country does it wrong, it’s so hard returning 

Two of my students are having a DAY and it’s a lot. I signed on for an every Tuesday overtime these last couple months- nice money but it’s been too much and today is thankfully the last day of the assignment 
  • Options
    Boo to all the sickness @casadena!  I hope it's the end.  Yay for sleep though. 
    Happy anniversary @ILoveBeachMusic!
    ((hugs)) @charlotte989875, re-entry to the workforce in this climate and after all you've been through with J has to feel daunting.  

It's Tuesday.  I think we're almost to end of untangling DH's work fuckery from last week and things have calmed down.  I knew it was an error, but there were other things that went down in the past that had us questioning what was going on.  I'm glad it was just an oversight, but don't mess with money.  LOL

SSDD for the most part.  I have to interview people this week for an open position on my team.  At least it's only 3 people this time, but interviewing is so boring.  LOL  

• Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited April 16
    @ei34, I LOVE OT, but it's only allowed under extreme circumstances where I work.  Or at least that's how it is for the "support" people, like myself.  The engineers can work as much as they want with little oversight, which I've always been a little resentful about.  I have to get approval ahead of time and it's only for super critical, time sensitive things.

But I can understand it can be too much sometimes, so I'm glad you're off the hook for this assignment!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah I feel like J was just born @charlotte989875 and he’s not even mine! Lol.  But yeah our mat leave here sucks!
    glad work stuff sorted itself out @mrsconn23

• Options
    edited April 16
    Yeah I feel like J was just born @charlotte989875 and he’s not even mine! Lol.  But yeah our mat leave here sucks!
    SAME!

Aldo it’s hard living so close to Canada (with a Toronto site!) and knowing that just 20 minutes away is the land of year long mat leave. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! It’s definitely a little rough now. My mom was here today and offered to watch J 3x a week, H’a mom wants to do 1, and I’m going to take fridays off. So looks like we can avoid the daycare germs at least until September. 
  • Options
    SAME!

Aldo it’s hard living so close to Canada (with a Toronto site!) and knowing that just 20 minutes away is the land of year long mat leave. 
    I think only 6 months paid though? And legally you can take a year and your guaranteed employment with the same pay/benefits when you get back.
    still, 6 months is better than America’s

• Options
    SAME!

I think only 6 months paid though? And legally you can take a year and your guaranteed employment with the same pay/benefits when you get back.
    still, 6 months is better than America’s
    Yeah.  America's leave is downright offensive and not safe.