Wedding Woes
Options

Taylor Friday!

Anyone else listen to the album yet? I’m part way through! 

Quiet day here. Running a 5k tomorrow just to see how it feels. I’m taking M to see Moana at our large theatre in the city. It will be his first movie. Thankfully tickets are free so if it’s a disaster we just bail! Have a great weekend! 

Re: Taylor Friday!

• Options
    Have a great day!  Moana has been a pleaser for my kids but they were older when they saw it.  

We obviously have to have the new album.  Are you even a parent of a teenager if you don't??   DH let me know that there's also an extended version.  With an upcoming road trip with Chiquita's scouts, we're going to need to have it in the car.

Opening day of baseball tomorrow in the rain.  Hopeful the fields don't close and we get good pictures of Chiquito.  I'm selling cookies w/ Chiquita while the games go.

Sunday the boys hike and I'm hoping to help Chiquita find her bedroom floor.  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    I'm on track 26 (the Prophecy).  Loving it.  The second half of the album reminds me of folklore and evermore, which are probably my two faves of hers (the melancholy of both those albums spoke to me during the pandemic and my intense grieving for my mom and grandmother).  

We paid off our truck today!!  I love the feeling of paying off a car.  It's just the best.  

Looking forward to a lowkey Friday and weekend.  
    It is! Unfortunately as you pay yours off today, i’ll be signing up for a new payment.  Hopefully. Lol.  Congrats to you!
    I loved Moana! I hope M can sit through it all.  
    Taylor…. No secret I don’t care for her, but amazon music has the extended version so I listened to 1/2 of Fortnight and half of tortured poets department before getting bored and shutting it off.  True, I lean more towards country but I like to think I have an eclectic taste of music and my mind cannot wrap around her popularity as a musician (I think she’s a great gal). 

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    I'm on track 26 (the Prophecy).  Loving it.  The second half of the album reminds me of folklore and evermore, which are probably my two faves of hers (the melancholy of both those albums spoke to me during the pandemic and my intense grieving for my mom and grandmother).  

We paid off our truck today!!  I love the feeling of paying off a car.  It's just the best.  

Looking forward to a lowkey Friday and weekend.  
    Congrats on the truck!! We’re about to do H’s and one of his student loans. Then that money will immediately go towards daycare. 

Evermore and Folklore are my favorite of her albums! Can’t wait to get to the second half of TTPD
  • Options
    @mrsconn23, congrats on paying off the truck!  I know what you mean.  It's so freeing to suddenly have a large bill disappear.

I need to get the packing for my move into high gear this weekend.  Time has just been flying and it's so easy to ignore because I don't really have any "deadline".  But omg the time to list my house is almost here!  And I'd like it as cleaned up and "organized" looking as I can get.  The easiest way to do that, plus will make things so much smoother after we close, is to pack up everything except the essentials.  And then just stick a bunch of totes/boxes against a wall.

And geez!  We HAVE to start eating out of our freezer.  We have an upright freezer full of stuff.  97% chance that wherever we move to in the interim before we buy a house will only have a typical refrigerator and not an extra freezer also, lol.

I also need to talk to my realtor.  Ah! Jazz Fest starts on Thursday and runs for two Thurs.-Sun. weekends.  A gazillion people walk past my house, so I want a "For Sale" sign in the front yard, even if it's not quite on the MLS yet.

It's a long shot.  But you never know.  If someone is already looking or thinking about a house, I want them to be excited at the thought of owning a house within walking distance of the festival.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thankfully M has seen, and loves Moana, so we at least know that will be fine. It’s more sitting in a seat I’m worried about 
  • Options
    Thankfully M has seen, and loves Moana, so we at least know that will be fine. It’s more sitting in a seat I’m worried about 
    Well, if he does, what can he say except YOU'RE WELCOME!! 
  • Options
    Paying off the truck is so good!  We're thankful to be in the zone of no car payment but I kind of dread that we'll likely need to replace the minivan and find a car for Chiquita close together and that's followed by college for her.   So this will be SHORT lived. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 19
    Hooray for paying off big things @mrsconn23
    Aww he’s at a great age for Moana, 3-4 is right when my kids fell in love with that movie, enjoy @charlotte989875! Although they definitely weren’t at movie theater age at M’s age, maybe my mistake was it was a new movie? One that’s already known and loved is smart!
    Ughhh thumbs down on the work burnout and your upcoming talk with your dad @levioosa

Firmly an in-betwiftie. Really want to like Taylor bc I feel like not liking her as become having a problem with independent, successful women. Both DDs have swiftie friends and wanted to be swifties so we dressed up and made fun snacks to watch her concert the weekend it came out on Disney+ and…snore 😬 we decided to power through, a half hour per day until we got to the end. Music is very meh, but they loved the sparkly outfits and I do appreciate the positive role model piece. I do like her song Blank Space. 

Officially on spring break. Cleaning the house top to bottom and packing the next couple days, Tuesday begins a week in Disney. Schools don’t reopen until May 1st. 

Edit- spelling 
  • Options
    ei34 said:

Firmly an in-betwiftie. Really want to like Taylor bc I feel like not liking her as become having a problem with independent, successful women. 

Officially on spring break. Cleaning the house top to bottom and packing the next couple days, Tuesday begins a week in Disney. Schools don’t reopen until May 1st. 
    Love this. Using this.
    i feel like your spring break is late, @ei34! But actually better for your area to plan things.  Most people I’ve heard from had late March spring breaks and costs skyrocket things become busy. 

Ugh, @levioosa, hope it’s not as bad as you think it is

• Options
    I haven't started the new album. Orange theory is doing all Taylor classes today so I was going to get in a workout and listen to it after work, but I made plans to get dinner with my parents instead. My relationship with my mom has gotten weird and I'm not looking forward to this. 

Otherwise SSDW here. I've got to cut the grass, cut up that downed tree and fix the fence tomorrow. Then hike, game, lather, rinse, repeat. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 19
    ei34 said:

Firmly an in-betwiftie. Really want to like Taylor bc I feel like not liking her as become having a problem with independent, successful women. 

Love this. Using this.
    i feel like your spring break is late, @ei34! But actually better for your area to plan things.  Most people I’ve heard from had late March spring breaks and costs skyrocket things become busy. 

Ugh, @levioosa, hope it’s not as bad as you think it is
    For NYC-area schools Passover trumps Easter if they’re not together (they usually are). Definitely better for us planning-wise, I’ve been watching ride wait times on Disney’s app this last week and they’re definitely not spring break crowd level (hoping they don’t sky rocket next week bc at least half of my kids’ friends are going too). The flights were a steal too, only about $300 each round trip, it’s usually closer to $800pp over school breaks *eyeroll*. I booked the flights the day they came out, June 4th ‘23; Delta caught on quickly that public school break was so late and by June 5th the same flights had almost tripled. 

The last day of school here is June 26th so it’s just a later schedule than other areas.

edit- posted before I was finished 
  • Options
    I was going to say @ei34 that your spring break is late but timing it to Passover makes sense.  This year with the early Easter the school opted for sprnig break to start 4/6.  Next year it's pushed out a week which I find really frustrating/annoying because it ends with Easter.  The bummer will be that it's Holy Week so we are going to have religious commitments and obligations for Chiquita making the use of that week as a travel week impossible.  
  • Options
    Oh this might be a totally disaster. H’s sister is being her son too and he and M are 3 months apart, hoping that helps? 
  • Options
    Oh this might be a totally disaster. H’s sister is being her son too and he and M are 3 months apart, hoping that helps? 
    Can you feed them snacks in the movie?  At that age I found that behavior could be modified with strategic Cheerios, water and Goldfish.
  • Options

Taylor Swift's music offers a diverse range of emotions and experiences. If you ever decide to give her music a listen, you'll find a variety of themes ranging from love and heartbreak to self-discovery and empowerment. Do you have a specific album or song in mind that you're interested in exploring?