Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Visa Gift Cards as Bridesmaids' Gifts?

Hey everyone, my wedding is just around the corner (less than two months away!), and I've been trying to finalize the gifts for my amazing bridesmaids.

So, I've been tossing around a few gift ideas, and one that keeps coming back to me is giving each bridesmaid a $50 Visa gift card. My bridesmaids are all spread out across the country, which makes it tough to pick something specific to their local area, like a restaurant gift card or a similar option. I thought a Visa gift card could be a versatile choice, allowing them to spend it however and wherever they prefer. Plus, I'm planning to pair this with some smaller, more personal items to add a touch of individuality to each gift. Do you have any other gift suggestions that might align with my situation?

Re: Visa Gift Cards as Bridesmaids' Gifts?

• Options
    If I'm honest, this feels a little impersonal to me. The best bridesmaid gifts are things that really are about the individual's interests and preferences. I can see where a gift card to a favorite restaurant would work if you knew what that was, but it's hard to do from long distance. What about doing individual "care packages" for each one around their tastes? So like a coffee treat box for the coffee lover or some nice glasses and a decanter for the wine lover? You could have the boxes shipped to their houses before they leave instead of giving them in person if you're worried about them having to travel with gifts. It's hard to make suggestions for personal gifts for people without knowing anything about them. 
  • Options
    edited April 30
    Oh, totally love that idea! Curating care packages based on their personal tastes is such a thoughtful touch. A coffee-themed box for the caffeine addict or a chic set of glasses and decanter for the wine lover sounds perfect. Shipping them directly adds a lovely surprise element too.
    Thank You

• Options
    Oh, totally love that idea! Curating care packages based on their personal tastes is such a thoughtful touch. A coffee-themed box for the caffeine addict or a chic set of glasses and decanter for the wine lover sounds perfect. Shipping them directly adds a lovely surprise element too.
    Thank You.