Wedding Woes
Options

Monday

How was everyone's weekend? I missed the kiddos and H a lot but it was really nice to have a few days with my parents. Helped them around the house and got to finally visit grandma yesterday. She looks rough and is in a lot of pain, hopefully that gets under control asap so she can be a bit more comfortable. Trying to get life more organized since we're coming up on a "normal" stretch of time with few appointments and being able to focus on work, home, and activities!

Re: Monday

• Options
    Weekend was good!

Friday night we had our last cookie booths and we are DONE.  Cookie season starts with enthusiasm and then you wind up hating cookies...but we sold what was ordered and now the  troop has the proceeds and donations.  A local guy even said, "Hey come to my restaurant next year for a booth!" so now we'll do that too and I told DH we need to eat there soon.

Saturday Chiquita and I camped with GS.  I was SUPER nervous based on how things have been going but it overall went well.  She tried camping in a hammock but bailed at 11:45 after it poured and she started to shimmy down the tree and her butt wound up on a rock.  Her tent was up with her troop leader, another mom and I in it and the rain fly was GREAT.  We didn't bring our cots and I wasn't loving being on the camp mattress but it was fine. 

In all, I think it was a good experience and I was grateful to be not in the house.  We arrived home to set up the tent to dry out and went to a late mass.  I'm ALMOST done with my book which has made me cry several times.    The Women is hurting me man. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    Weekend was good!

Friday night we had our last cookie booths and we are DONE.  Cookie season starts with enthusiasm and then you wind up hating cookies...but we sold what was ordered and now the  troop has the proceeds and donations.  A local guy even said, "Hey come to my restaurant next year for a booth!" so now we'll do that too and I told DH we need to eat there soon.

Saturday Chiquita and I camped with GS.  I was SUPER nervous based on how things have been going but it overall went well.  She tried camping in a hammock but bailed at 11:45 after it poured and she started to shimmy down the tree and her butt wound up on a rock.  Her tent was up with her troop leader, another mom and I in it and the rain fly was GREAT.  We didn't bring our cots and I wasn't loving being on the camp mattress but it was fine. 

In all, I think it was a good experience and I was grateful to be not in the house.  We arrived home to set up the tent to dry out and went to a late mass.  I'm ALMOST done with my book which has made me cry several times.    The Women is hurting me man. 
    glad the weekend went well with Chiquita! I'm on the waiting list for The Women and am so excited to read it too
  • Options
    Thanks for the update on Varuna @mrsconn23.  Glad to know she’s busy. 
    Quick healing vibes for G’ma @Casadena
    just one night of camping @banana468? Still wouldn’t love that for my back!

Weekend was overall good. Friday, I had a date and it went well but I don’t see a future, unfortunately.  Saturday I binged “baby reindeer” after all the hoopla and Sunday was actually my big day.  My friend hosted a brunch and bling with both Rodan & Fields and Touchstone Crystal jewelry. I got some good sales from both, but really spent money I didn’t need to. I was getting better at it! But these MLM parties are to buy stuff for. I could easily get into Touchstone, they have some beautiful items.
    and then I had a 5 (yes 5) hour dinner with a friend Sunday evening.  She told me things were tight financially the last few months but yesterday she told me her family business was actually closing in a few months and things are looking bleak all around. I had no idea it was a loss of a job, I thought things weren’t going well at her job.  I hope that this door closes for a reason and is meant for something even better coming in!

• Options
    @CharmedPam yeah just one night.  For not sleeping on a cot I would prefer 1 but I definitely like at least 2 when it's our gear.  It's a lot to pack and schlep and set up and take down when it's less than 24 hours. 

I'm no avid camper but for the "car camping" we've done where we drive and set up gear  I have liked sleeping on a cot with a camping mattress on top.  The older I get the more I hurt after sleeping on hard surfaces.  I don't think we're going camping again until September unless we carve something out in the summer but Chiquita will go again for other things.  
  • Options
    We got home last night from Virginia. SIL's retirement party was nice. We spent Saturday driving around the town. For having the ILs living there for almost 38 years we have never really seen much of the town. It is really cute. We also drove along parts of the Blue Ridge Parkway. I had been on it as a child because my Dad loved going for drives. My H's dad was the polar opposite so H had never been on it even though he had grown up much closer to it than I! On our way home yesterday we stopped to see DS2 and have an early dinner.

Today I had an early chiropractor appointment. Two days in a car hadn't helped but things are improving. Now I'm doing laundry and cleaning. The pup was so glad to be home and not at the kennel.

I loved The Women and had a serious cry at the end. I was a child during the end part of the Vietnam War and my father was in the Navy during it. He retired in 1967 never having been deployed over there (he was a WW2 vet). If he had stayed in he would have been sent to Vietnam. He decided with 2 young children he had done his duty. The lack of a welcome home for those vets was deplorable. I don't care what a person thought about the war itself.
  • Options
    @mrsconn23, thanks for letting us know about Varuna.  Keeping us in suspense about your opportunity, lol (totally understand)!  I hope the pieces fall in line and it works out for you.

@CharmedPam, good luck to your friend.

My H and I have to go grocery shopping after work.  He handles feeding our animals and is notorious for waiting until the last minute to tell me one of them needs food.  I found out on Friday that our cat was almost out of food, but we can't really leave our house because of Jazz Fest.  She ran out of her dry food on Sunday, but fortunately we at least have some wet food that we give her as an occasional treat.

She's usually such a dainty eater.  She doesn't like cat treats.  She doesn't like the kind of people food that is given to cats.  But she's a little piggy when it comes to wet cat food, lol.

My former tenant came by to visit!  He lived on the other side of our house for 5 years and volunteers at Jazz Fest.  He is part of a local Indian tribe and they have a food both where they sell fry bread (it's delicious!) and shrimp macheaux.

He invests in real estate also and is looking for a double in New Orleans to buy.  To be fair, he's been saying that for a couple years, so I'm not sure how much weight to give that.  When he lived next door, his main house was 90 minutes away, but he comes to NOLA a lot and would rent out his place on AirBnb the rest of the time.  Of course, we mentioned we are about to put our house up for sale!  He's interested.  I told him I would look at some comps and give him a price this week.  He'll be back for the festival next weekend and I'm hoping he's interested enough we can discuss it more.  We can walk him around to show him what we've done since he lived here.  Plus, he never really saw our half of the house.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker