Wedding Woes
Options

Heyyy, it's PRUDIE day!

Good morning!

How's it going?  We're going to have a gorgeous, warm day today. 

We had a lovely family bike ride last night.  

SSDD otherwise.  Prudie coming up. 

Re: Heyyy, it's PRUDIE day!

• Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Good Morning!  Gearing up for the 2nd to last busy night of the week w/ soccer practice and an elementary school concert.   I'm waiting for spring to get here but I at least see green on all my trees so....it's starting! 
  • Options
    CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Pretty down today and trying to let myself be bummed and then move on. Buying a new pairs of shoes is helping. 

The boys slept great last night (fingers crossed I didn't jinx myself). First time i can remember that N wasn't up multiple times in the night. G got up once, but just needed a drink of water and to be tucked back in. 

Chiropractor appt at lunch today and then hopefully a slow afternoon. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ugh.  I have seriously been so lazy the last few weeks. I don’t want to cook! I don’t want to work out. My friend reminded me we’re halfway to Halloween and fitting into Halloween costumes and charity gowns this year should be my motivator! Why isn’t it? I’ll start after my girls weekend getaway this weekend lol.

But if I drop the ball on this whole working out and eating well thing - I did find a really good body shaper.  Revenge Body.  I admit, it was a tik tok ad that SUCKED me in and it took forever to get to me, so I was for sure it was a scam, but it arrived yesterday and omg, it works AND is comfortable.  I’m no stranger to body suits either.  I mean the ad REALLY snatched the models, but I probably could have done a size down to be snatched snatched… but breathing is also good. 

• Options
    @CharmedPam, I have been scarred by 90DF.  Now whenever I hear the word "snatched", I think of Darcey and Stacey, lol.

Speaking of Halloween, someone on a New Orleans subreddit was looking for advice on how to find cheap flights here because they were surprised that flights on Halloween week are 3x the norm.  I'm wondering if they haven't looked at hotels yet, because that will be the next heart attack.  They're having a destination Halloween wedding here on Nov. 1st.  First off, Halloween is already a huge holiday here.  But massively adding on to that, Taylor Swift's concert is that weekend.

Doh!  HAVE to check this kind of stuff out ahead of time before planning a destination wedding all willy nilly.  Hopefully they haven't booked anything and are choosing another city.  It's not the right thing to do to your guests.

I usually WFH on Wednesdays.  But switched it to Thursday this week because the Rolling Stones are playing at Jazz Fest from 5-7.  I wouldn't have my parking spot back until after 7PM if I left and wouldn't even want to drive near my neighborhood until after 8.  My H and I are planning to walk our dog later to some streets near the main stage.  Hopefully we can hear some of it.

I was in a meeting yesterday and one of my coworkers said she will be out today.  She then added on, "The Stones are playing!  I'm not missing that!"  Lol.

I can hear one of the smaller stages from my porch and Heart was playing on Sunday!  They were the first concert I ever went to back in the mid-80s, so it was fun to hear them live again.  Even if a couple blocks away isn't the best sound experience, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It is gorgeous here today. We got our screened porch "opened" after I returned from my chiropractor appointment. Opening entails uncovering the furniture and washing the hard surfaces and vacuuming the rug. The dog is very happy. He loves to sit on top of the couch cushion back and look out the "window". Our screens are only half way down. We figured with dogs the bottom half should be wood to prevent dogs going through the screens. When we built the house we had two larger dogs and one small dog. It is so pleasant sitting out here. We will probably eat dinner out here tonight. I'll enjoy it while I can. I really wish we had made it a sun room so we could use it all year long.

H has started pulling stuff together for our Portugal trip. I am rethinking shoes since my back/hip are giving me trouble. I usually wear supportive sandals but am thinking about actually wearing sneakers instead. That will give me more support. I hate wearing sneakers with dresses but I guess I will. I usually pack dresses for warmer weather (which is what is predicted). I might just have to buy some new sneakers. I love ONs but don't have white ones so might get those to go with lighter colored things. Opinions anyone?
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    That sounds awesome that you can hear that @short+sassy.  We used to have a fest I could hear from my porch. And once a year a bar near me does a country concert and I can hear that from my place. I think we have a 11:00 pm noise ordinance (maybe 10?) but they have permission to play till midnight.
    I was crabby last year because I couldn’t sleep! On a Saturday.  I’m old but shouldn’t be that annoyed, lol.  I wonder if i have some country music fans in my meetup and this year I can go.  But even then I may be home before 12. 
    Oh, and Darcey and Stacey always saying “snatched” plays in my head rent free. And when did that word turn from a body part to a waist line? Growing up that one meant one thing only! 

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    @CharmedPam it’s so funny you bring up Halloween, I was just thinking about fall yesterday! 
    @Casadena  vibes your way and may the good sleep become more frequent!
    Pretty SSDD on the home front, with a side of small dumpster fire at work.  Even though it’s a short work week for me, I’m glad that it’s Friday Eve. 

• Options
    It’s beautiful here. I had coffee with another woman from my company who is also on leave. We walked the babies around town and drank coffee! 
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    Have you thought about HOKAs @ILoveBeachMusic?  They are lightweight and supposed to be super supportive. 
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    I feel like I have been run over by a train. I am so tired I can barely talk. I think it's fatigue mixed with a flare of some kind because this brain fog is next level and every little interaction is taking so much out of me. I am out of spoons and I have the whole rest of the day left. I haven't even charted for the morning and usually that's at least done. The sheer volume of work I see each day is beyond already, so I can't even be like "looks like that's a charting problem for tomorrow!" because if I let today go I'll just be working all weekend too. Today should be Friday.