Wedding Woes
Options

4 men...

Dear Prudence,

A year ago, my boyfriend’s adult daughter sent me photo evidence of her father on a dating site for married men. He had used the service while married in the past. Naturally, he denied it, but I found credit card activity that proved otherwise. I have asked for more transparency (credit card statements, unlocked cell phone) but he refuses. I fear I’m being taken for a fool. What are my options?

—Trusting to a Fault

Re: 4 men...

• Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2
    “He had used this service in the past while married”
    ”he’s using it now”

He’s not stopping.  Good thing is, this is an easy out as you’re not married with legal ties. You’re not a fool, just get out. You have enough proof in my eyes.

edit; I live these simple brief “no thinking” needed entries.

• Options
    Leave. You've stayed too long as it is.
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    If only there were signs!

They're literally being handed to you:

• Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    What the...yes? You are a fool? You're getting smacked in the face with red flags while doing 90 on the highway. 

• Options
    MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 3
    If it's to the point where his adult daughter is coming to you, it's beyond entertaining himself on a dating site. 

I get not wanting to believe it, but you need to come to terms with this fast. This much sleeping around is just too much risk that he's going to bring home a gift that keeps on giving. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    In my mind's eye, I see LW listening to TSwizzle's, "I can fix him (no really I can)" and sobbing as they type out this Prudie letter thinking they are going to get the advice that will do 'the trick'.  LOL 
  • Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited May 3
    If the LW needs to pour over credit card statements and constantly check his phone, the relationship is over.  She already has a mountain of proof.  Is she trying to build another mountain?

Oh, what!  I just noticed all of this happened a year ago and she is still with this guy.  He probably has a burner phone by now and new 'cc she doesn't know about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker