Wedding Woes
Options

Finally Friday!

Any fun weekend plans?

a crazy busy weekend on tap for us. Nieces dance recital tomorrow morning and nephews birthday at a trampoline park tomorrow afternoon. Mother’s Day fun on Sunday; H brings brunch and we got to a playground with our friends! 

Happy Mothers Day to those who celebrate. And all the good thoughts for those of whom Mothers Day is a tough one. 

Re: Finally Friday!

• Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Sending everyone good thoughts and hugs for Mother's Day, for the Moms here, for those who want to be Moms, and for everyone who struggles with this day. 

Costco, Take 2, attempt tomorrow with H. His older sister is driving us a little nuts. She asked him for a (completely unnecessary) favor. He couldn't do it on the day she wanted, so then she asked to come pick up the item on Saturday. We told her the day was open except for the 2.5 hours we're doing Costco in the afternoon and her response was she'd have to see if she could make it. Giant eye roll. 

I'm dreading Costco a little bit but at least after that our quarterly Costco trip will be done. We are going to my grandmother's on Sunday and it should be a beautiful day. Otherwise, SSDD over here. 

• Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Costco in the weekend in my town is horrendous.  The complaints monopolize the local keyboard warriors!

We have a low day tomorrow of a haircut for me and Chiquita desperately needs to work on GS stuff for the event she's holding.  I may be rolling up sleeves and getting glue out for trifold land. Mother's Day at my parents house on Sunday. 
  • Options
    Only half a day left. Why is this Friday busy all of a sudden? I’m also exhausted because I didn’t sleep well at all and hate taking ambien on non office days when I just can be sleepy and tired all day.  Nothing major this weekend, my friends and I are going to dinner and a comedy show with Gabriel Rutledge if you ever heard of him.  He started showing up on my feed one day and thought he was great.
    Speaking of comedians anyone else watching John Mulaney’s “everybody’s in LA”? It’s not NOT watch worthy, but some of his guests (mostly comedians) try a little too hard to get a laugh.  Some of it is awkward.  I haven’t seen yesterday’s ep but Wednesday’s on the paranormal had some cringeworthy moments.  And the skits aren’t that funny either. I like him, so I’ll continue the other two eps. 
    Happy Mother’s Day to all who celebrate and big hugs for those having a hard day at it.  It will be my nephew’s first Mother’s Day without their mom and I just thought of that. 
    If you get into costco first thing, it’s not bad bad traffic wise but I also think they’re not handing out samples first thing either right? I dunno, I don’t have a card anymore. 

• Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Only half a day left. Why is this Friday busy all of a sudden? I’m also exhausted because I didn’t sleep well at all and hate taking ambien on non office days when I just can be sleepy and tired all day.  Nothing major this weekend, my friends and I are going to dinner and a comedy show with Gabriel Rutledge if you ever heard of him.  He started showing up on my feed one day and thought he was great.
    Speaking of comedians anyone else watching John Mulaney’s “everybody’s in LA”? It’s not NOT watch worthy, but some of his guests (mostly comedians) try a little too hard to get a laugh.  Some of it is awkward.  I haven’t seen yesterday’s ep but Wednesday’s on the paranormal had some cringeworthy moments.  And the skits aren’t that funny either. I like him, so I’ll continue the other two eps. 
    Happy Mother’s Day to all who celebrate and big hugs for those having a hard day at it.  It will be my nephew’s first Mother’s Day without their mom and I just thought of that. 
    If you get into costco first thing, it’s not bad bad traffic wise but I also think they’re not handing out samples first thing either right? I dunno, I don’t have a card anymore. 
    For our town it's as much the way the street is laid out as it is the attractiveness.  Our town increases in population starting at the end of the month so we also think we're seeing an influx of people getting their summer places and boats ready.  The advantage is that Costco is literally the closest gas station and store to us so we go there more than the grocery store.  We plow through the power towels, toilet paper and milk plus we like to stock up on the meats that we can freeze, fish filets and the non perishables.   We also have the Costco cc so that essentially gives us $ for shopping there.

When we were BJs members I didn't use it as much but this is SO convenient. 
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger, good to see you back!  I'm so glad your new job is going well.  Congrats on the new car!

My H installed our new dishwasher that we got off FB Marketplace yesterday.  Phew!  It works!  Kind of annoyed it has two small dents in the front.  It was still in the original box because it is new, so that wasn't something we could see when we bought it.  The seller probably didn't know either.  But it's a new dishwasher, though with no warranty, for $150 so I can't complain too much.  It still had the owner's manual and little dishwashing detergent samples, lol.

I'm getting new property insurance quotes for the three I got new roofs on last month.  You'd think I'd definitely get lower quotes because now those houses are much lower risk for wind damage, but that's not always the way it works.

Insurance companies:  "FU New Orleans and everyone else in Hurricane Alley.  No, no, old roofs bad so we charge a super high rate.  Oh? You have a new roof?  Nope.  We're still not offering a lower premium."

All of this Costco talk is tempting me.  We do need a trip out there.  I also need to pick up some prescriptions at Walmart.

Major pet peeve for one of my prescriptions.  One of them is the sensors for my continuous glucose monitor.  This is medical equipment.  It is not a medication.  Nothing enters my bloodstream.

Yet, you can't buy these sensors without a prescription.  I like to have a bit of a stockpile for my most important medical needs.  But I can't do that with these sensors.  Why can't I just buy as many as I want?  I pay 100% OOP for them anyway because I have a high deductible insurance plan.  It's so stupid and aggravating I can only get two a month.  Which technically doesn't even cover a whole month because each sensor is only good for 14 days.  Not 15.

Okay, I'm going to stop complaining and just enjoy my weekend, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    Mother’s Day love to all the moms as well as to anyone who struggles on the day. 

I’ll be seeing my own mom / no one’s cooking it’ll be grandma pizza and salad.  The day will begin with the kids making breakfast and mass which should also be nice. Tomorrow is DD’s birthday party and this evening is cramming as many errands / chores in as I can.
  • Options
    Welcome back @MissKittyDanger! Glad the new job is going well.

@Casadena you should come down to the Indy zoo sometimes we have elephants, kangaroos and are getting chimpanzees this spring! The grandsons love it. We also have a great children's museum (#1 in the country) and no I'm not on the chamber of commerce LOL! We have grandparent passes to both places so the grandboys get to go to one of the places just about every time they are here.
  • Options
    CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper

@Casadena you should come down to the Indy zoo sometimes we have elephants, kangaroos and are getting chimpanzees this spring! The grandsons love it. We also have a great children's museum (#1 in the country) and no I'm not on the chamber of commerce LOL! We have grandparent passes to both places so the grandboys get to go to one of the places just about every time they are here.
    Great idea! We're looking at doing a couple shorter/driveable trips this year with the boys and that would be a perfect distance and itinerary!
  • Options
    Casadena said:

Great idea! We're looking at doing a couple shorter/driveable trips this year with the boys and that would be a perfect distance and itinerary!
    If/when you decide to come down let me know, and I can make some recommendations. @mobkaz has been down here with her grandsons too.
  • Options
    CasadenaCasadena member
    Sounds great, i'll definitely reach out!
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    Casadena said:

If/when you decide to come down let me know, and I can make some recommendations. @mobkaz has been down here with her grandsons too.

@Casadena The trip to Indy was our first road trip test with the grands when they were 2 and 4 years old.  It's @4 hours from our NW suburb location in IL.  The Albanese Gummy Castle is a convenient and delicious 1/2 mark and EASY to access either headed to or returning from the trip.  The outdoor sports portion of the Children's Museum is awesome, but try to go on a cooler day.  There is almost NO shade anywhere.  Because it is connected to the indoor portion, it is easy to go back and forth to cool off.  We pack a lunch because the cafeteria in recent years has gotten incredibly expensive.

We've aged out of the Playscape but it is great!  The Dinosphere is amazing. 

We always stay at Staybridge Suites right near Lucas Field.  We prefer to prepare our food vs being dependent on restaurants.  Plenty of restaurants within walking distance.  We were lucky one year and coordinated our Museum trip with an event at the Convention Center, which is walkable from this hotel. 

Lots of tangents to take a pit stop. 
    https://discovernewfields.org/do-and-see/places-to-go/virginia-b-fairbanks-art-nature-park-100-acres
    Wish I could remember the name of the farm we've stopped at as well. 

The grands are now 8 and 10 (gasp).  Road trips have expanded all the way from Texas, New Mexico, Tennessee, South Dakota, and soon.....Colorado.  The family goal is to get to as many national parks as possible. 

• Options
    CasadenaCasadena member
    MobKaz said:
    Casadena said:

@Casadena The trip to Indy was our first road trip test with the grands when they were 2 and 4 years old.  It's @4 hours from our NW suburb location in IL.  The Albanese Gummy Castle is a convenient and delicious 1/2 mark and EASY to access either headed to or returning from the trip.  The outdoor sports portion of the Children's Museum is awesome, but try to go on a cooler day.  There is almost NO shade anywhere.  Because it is connected to the indoor portion, it is easy to go back and forth to cool off.  We pack a lunch because the cafeteria in recent years has gotten incredibly expensive.

We've aged out of the Playscape but it is great!  The Dinosphere is amazing. 

We always stay at Staybridge Suites right near Lucas Field.  We prefer to prepare our food vs being dependent on restaurants.  Plenty of restaurants within walking distance.  We were lucky one year and coordinated our Museum trip with an event at the Convention Center, which is walkable from this hotel. 

Lots of tangents to take a pit stop. 
    https://discovernewfields.org/do-and-see/places-to-go/virginia-b-fairbanks-art-nature-park-100-acres
    Wish I could remember the name of the farm we've stopped at as well. 

The grands are now 8 and 10 (gasp).  Road trips have expanded all the way from Texas, New Mexico, Tennessee, South Dakota, and soon.....Colorado.  The family goal is to get to as many national parks as possible. 

Thank you so much!! This all sounds like perfect activities for our family at the moment :) We're in the NW suburbs too, so timing would be about that for us as well. 
  • Options
    The farm is probably Fair Oaks Farm which is about 2 hour drive from Indy. DD is about 10 minutes from O'Hare so she is 3.5 hours from us. FO Farm is close to half way for us.
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    The farm is probably Fair Oaks Farm which is about 2 hour drive from Indy. DD is about 10 minutes from O'Hare so she is 3.5 hours from us. FO Farm is close to half way for us.

Yes! When we first heard of it, I gasped at the cost to hang at "a farm".  It is definitely NOT your average farm.  But it is a great drive breaker, allows you to stay for a good while, and still get home without being exhausted.  Appreciate the reminder, @ILoveBeachMusic

@Casadena If you are not already aware of it, Green Meadows Farm is a MUST for us every summer.  SUPER easy drive to East Troy, inexpensive, but could easily stay all day.  https://www.greenmeadowsfarmwi.com/

A little more of a schlepp, but this park in Huntley is SO much fun and ridiculously interactive!  https://mykidlist.com/deicke-park-huntley/   We discovered it shortly after my DD moved to Cary.

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    @casadena, another vote for Indy.  We have so many family-friendly options close to downtown.  Let me know if you decide to come down.  I'm happy to provide restaurant recs and other info.  :)  
  • Options
    CasadenaCasadena member
    Thanks all!!