Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

Rainy day here today and i have a headache. Few things to check off my to-do list and then we're taking the boys to a therapy dog session again this afternoon. They're very excited! 

@charlotte989875 thinking of you today, hope you have a good first day back to work and J has a good day too! *hugs*

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Thinking of you today, @charlotte989875.

I hope your headache gets better soon @Casadena

Weekend was mostly good. We had lunch with the grandparents and my parents on Sunday. Yesterday my parents had to come over unexpectedly and we went to lunch and then I took them on wheelchair friendly hike. Unfortunately my dad's electric wheelchair died half way up and I ended up pushing it the rest of the way and today my shoulders are sore from pushing 270 lbs of wheelchair and person up an incline for 2 miles. lol. Otherwise SSDD. 

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 14
    ((hugs)) @charlotte989875.  Also, tech issues are *always* a thing when returning from a leave.  I don't think I've ever had a return go smoothly, LOL. 

Ugh.  The last few days have been a lot. 

My younger sister has been struggling her whole life with issues related to her cycle.  She's been begging for a hysterectomy for at least the last 5 years.  She was dx'd with PCOS.  Anyway, since the beginning of this year she's been having all sorts of appts and trying to set up procedures, but her iron was low, so she had to do infusions.  Last week she finally had surgery and her pathology came back with endometrial cancer.  It's early stage (her doc was shocked it was present), but now it's getting all the things set up and treatment plans.  Fingers crossed it's a 'remove it and monitor' situation.  But the waiting is, of course, painful. 

While she doesn't need any other fuckery, the foster case stuff with my sister is ramping up and it's getting uglier and grayer by the minute.  I don't understand everything that's going on, but it's really frustrating and we're all trying to help them keep it together over the next month or so, because we don't know how things are going to end up for either situation. 

DH, bless his heart, delayed leaving for his Chicago trip until yesterday instead of going up Sunday night so he didn't have to be away as long.  It did mean he had to be up at 4am.  Even though he comes back tonight to leave for Miami at the ass-crack of dawn tomorrow. 

I woke up yesterday with a terribly sour stomach and it's still bugging me today. I took the afternoon off yesterday to sleep and try to relax.  I got bored and irritated with TV and podcasts because I had so many other things I wanted to get done and just couldn't.  I think it's stress-related.    I barely ate anything yesterday, but I forced myself to eat breakfast today, which didn't make anything better or worse.  It's annoying AF.

At least the rainy weather matches my mood today.  
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Oh @mrsconn23 of COURSE you have a sour stomach.  All that stress would not let me settle either.

Big hugs to your sister and fingers x that catching it early is all a good sign. 
  • Options
    Oh no @mrsconn23 that’s so awful. Like any of you needed this. Thinking of you all. 
  • Options
    CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    @mrsconn23 sending all the good vibes/thoughts/prayers for you and your family. 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, ugh!  IT problems are the worst way to start your first day back.  I hope it gets worked out soon and the afternoon is smoother.  Sounds like M is taking after you!  I suspect an energetic toddler is already pretty good at racing, lol.

I got some upsetting news.  I don't know if you all remember, but I was paid $45 for a health screening that was primarily testing people's LPA levels (Lipoprotein a).  LPA is a type of cholesterol that is largely genetic and can't be controlled by diet/exercise/medication, like other types of cholesterol can be.  I got my results today.

Mine is super high. Almost twice the normal level. Because of course it is. I already have so many other major health problems.  Why does it always have to be me?  I know it can be worse.  I lived to be 50 despite it all and not everyone is that lucky.  But still, it just feels so unfair.

I need to let my sister know to get hers checked.  Hopefully they are doing one of these drives near her.

There are currently clinical human trials going on to test different medications that treat it.  I'm going to do more research to see if I can get into one.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    Hugs @charlotte989875 and healthiest vibes your sister’s way @mrsconn23
    A student who’s been having some aggressive behaviors recently is having a day today. He pulled my hair so hard that my neck still hurts; I’m overall fine but my director made me go to the school nurse and file and accident report. 

Oldest DD is 10!  She was soo excited for double digits. I can’t believe it.  ExH is sort of behaving but he’s allegedly coming over for dinner and cake (it was in the 40s/50s the last few days but is thankfully  warmer today, it’s strictly in the backyard bc I added no inside the house to my OoP). Hoping it’s a happy day for DD at least.
  • Options
    @mrsconn23, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's cancer diagnosis.  I hope it's been caught early enough that she has a full recovery.  (I hadn't read your post yet when I ranted about my own health, sorry about that).

@ei34, Happy birthday to DD!  I remember being excited when I turned double digits also.  Like, you know you're "grown up" when, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    @mrsconn23 I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's diagnosis. I hope it was caught early enough that the hysterectomy was curative. Did you guys ever get genetic testing when your Mom was diagnosed? 

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    levioosa said:
    @mrsconn23 I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's diagnosis. I hope it was caught early enough that the hysterectomy was curative. Did you guys ever get genetic testing when your Mom was diagnosed? 
    No, but my mom's cancer originated in her appendix.   It metastasized in her abdomen and ended up in her reproductive organs.  When it came back, it was mets that had wrapped around her colon.  The cancer she had was pretty rare. 

Could they be related?  I haven't googled that much.  (I never googled when mom was sick because I was too scared and also, they tell you to never google...LOL) 
  • Options
    MNNEBrideMNNEBride member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    @mrsconn23 - sorry to hear of your sister's diagnosis.  Thankfully it was caught early.  Hoping treatment is able to take care of it completely.

@short+sassy - you can search your diagnosis/condition at www.clinicaltrials.gov.  There is search criteria for location and for trials that are enrolling.  
  • Options
    I’m so sorry to read that @mrsconn23.  Please keep up posted and I’m giving her my best.  
    Double digits are fun @ei34.  Hopefully ex stays on his best behavior tonight. 
    @short+sassy, yikes! I don’t want to know what mine is. If my cholesterol is high, there’s probably a good chance my LPA is too.  Did they suggest diet changes along with this new med trial? 

• Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    @mrsconn23 probably unlikely. You can bring it up with your PCP too. For some reason I was thinking your mom had breast cancer and that made me raise my eyebrows if your sister now also has endometrial cancer. 

• Options
    I’m so sorry to read that @mrsconn23.  Please keep up posted and I’m giving her my best.  
    Double digits are fun @ei34.  Hopefully ex stays on his best behavior tonight. 
    @short+sassy, yikes! I don’t want to know what mine is. If my cholesterol is high, there’s probably a good chance my LPA is too.  Did they suggest diet changes along with this new med trial? 
    From what I understand, the different cholesterol levels aren't necessarily related.  So a person can have perfect LDL/HDL cholesterol levels, but high LPA levels.  For example, my LDL/HDL cholesterol levels have improved over the last year and now they are at normal levels.  I do take statins for that.  Or vice versa.  A person can have normal LPA levels, but high LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.

For the LPA, diet doesn't make any difference and neither do taking statins.  It's hereditary and just something you are born with.  It's also not rare.  They estimate about 20% of the population have elevated LPA levels.  I'm just freaking out a little because mine aren't just elevated.  They are extremely high.

It's rarely tested in normal bloodwork because insurance doesn't usually cover it.  From an insurance perspective, "There isn't any treatment for it anyway, so we won't cover the test."

@MNNEBride, thanks for the web address!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker