Wedding Woes
Options

Your best 'revenge' is to be telling him what she said to you, not the strippers and blow.

Dear Prudence,

My brother is marrying a woman who really doesn’t like me. The feeling is mutual. We normally just avoid each other. I recently received an invitation to their wedding for myself and a plus one. Shortly afterward, my future sister-in-law called to ask me not to come, as my presence would be a sour note on her special day. I would be happy to oblige but I like my brother and I know he would want me to be there and would be hurt if I wasn’t. I feel like she is outsourcing a conversation that she needs to have with him.

Would it be wrong of me to call my brother and simply tell him that she privately asked me not to attend their wedding and I intend to honor that request but that I would love to organize his stag? Or is that merely seeking conflict, particularly as my instinct is to take him to Vegas and bury him alive in cocaine and strippers?

—Well… You, Too

Re: Your best 'revenge' is to be telling him what she said to you, not the strippers and blow.

• Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Well, if your impulse is to take him to Vegas and bury him in cocaine and strippers, then I have an inkling why she may not like you. But honestly, call and talk to your brother. 

• Options
    All righty then.  I was on his side until the strippers and blow comment.

He definitely needs to tell his brother that the fiance asked him not to come.  But if he really loves his brother, he won't try to sabotage the engagement.  It's possible the fiance blew it up herself when she asked her groom's brother not to come.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker