Wedding Woes
Options

Monday

How’s everyone? 

Re: Monday

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Super busy weekend but I’m thankfully not as tired as I’d thought I’d be. Pretty ssdd at work this week and busy with appointments after work most days. 
  • Options
    My friends and I saw the musical “death becomes her” this weekend and it’s up there with my top faves.  Amazing! So much better than the movie and funnier! Go see it.
    The walk-in closet will be finished tomorrow, yay! But I have to call a plumber for tomorrow because of a leak in the wall.  So that’s some money to the project I wasn’t expecting.  The week after the long weekend is the paint job. Then hopefully carpet at the end of June (I’m gone for a chunk of it in the middle) or maybe early June if they can get it in that early. 
    A/C had to be turned on this weekend - and they need it at 70 which is an ice box to me (I have it at 77, no joke) so needless to say I’m grumpy.  I get grumpy when I’m cold. 

• Options
    I’m the opposite @charmedpam! It’s going to be 80 degrees here today and I’m so grumpy about it. I hate being hot. 
  • Options
    I’m the opposite @charmedpam! It’s going to be 80 degrees here today and I’m so grumpy about it. I hate being hot. 
    I hate being hot too lol.  And maybe my body temps are different from the average person but 77 is comfortable to me. At times even that’s cold!

• Options
    I hate being hot too lol.  And maybe my body temps are different from the average person but 77 is comfortable to me. At times even that’s cold!
    lol it was 77 in our house yesterday and I was freaking out the baby was going to overheat 😂
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    I haaattteee being hot. It makes me so grumpy.  I overheat quite easily, so I can go from being warm to feeling queasy/woozy quickly if I'm not paying attention/prepared.   We keep our a/c at 70 during the day and 68-ish at night to keep the upstairs cool while we sleep. 

DH got home a little after midnight on Friday night.  We were up until after 3am.  We didn't get much done besides grocery shopping on Saturday.  Thankfully, I spent Friday night getting laundry and other stuff done around the house. 

We had a ton of fun at the track.  It was quite hot, sunny, and not breezy or cloudy enough, but it was super cool to be in the garages and pits.  Plus being in a suite made the heat manageable, especially after coming back from walking around.   

I am tired af today.  Despite all our activity yesterday, I slept like garbage.  There's just so much going at the moment and 2am is the time for my brain to think about it all. 
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I hate being hot but I'll embrace that over the Arctic tundra that happens when your kid has a baseball game until 7:30.  

I'm feeling beat and I'm either dealing with allergies or a cold.  It needs to GO.

The weekend went well but there was drama on my wine trip that ultimately ended middle aged woman style with a woman being kicked out and instead of calling Mom to pick her up her husband had to come.  But that was after the cops were called and a person was falsely accused of assault.  I hope the host can look back on this and laugh once stupid money disputes are done.  FFS people - we are not young - we should know how to pace!! 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    I hate being hot but I'll embrace that over the Arctic tundra that happens when your kid has a baseball game until 7:30.  

I'm feeling beat and I'm either dealing with allergies or a cold.  It needs to GO.

The weekend went well but there was drama on my wine trip that ultimately ended middle aged woman style with a woman being kicked out and instead of calling Mom to pick her up her husband had to come.  But that was after the cops were called and a person was falsely accused of assault.  I hope the host can look back on this and laugh once stupid money disputes are done.  FFS people - we are not young - we should know how to pace!! 
    That is some drama! 
    Sounds like my meetup, but honestly not that drastic.  I always ask “we’re in our late 40’s/early 50’s? And still thinking this way?”

• Options
    Ugh, I found out over the weekend that my tenant who lives next door apparently drives drunk all the time (per my H).  She's a bartender the next city over.  She was in an accident on Thurs. night.  Fortunately, she is okay and there were no other people involved.  She accidentally veered her car into a median on a major street.  She abandoned her car where she crashed it, so she wouldn't get a DWI and now it is in the impound lot.  I hope this doesn't affect their ability to pay June's rent.

I really hope this is the wake-up call she needs and she changes her ways.  But who knows.  In the meantime, I'm going to start parking my car across the street instead of in front of my house.  It's street parking and she usually parks behind me.  For the sake of my truck, it's probably safest for it to no longer be in her path.

Other than that, I got a lot of needed rest this weekend.  It's been an extra busy day at work, but good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MNNEBrideMNNEBride member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    We had a busy weekend and are both dragging today.  We did day trips both days to put flowers out on the cemeteries.  I have a nail appointment tonight so it'll be good to have an hour "alone".  Allergies are kicking my butt and that makes me extra exhausted.  

DH has a primary care appointment tomorrow morning.  I also need to give him a haircut this week.  Thursday morning the cleaning folks come and Thursday evening our sitter from Rover is coming over for key pick-up and final instructions.  Friday we leave for a long weekend in WI to visit friends.  Somewhere along the way I need to do laundry and pack.

Weather was gorgeous this weekend with Saturday in the 80s and yesterday in the 70s.  
  • Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    MNNEBride said:
    We had a busy weekend and are both dragging today.  We did day trips both days to put flowers out on the cemeteries.  I have a nail appointment tonight so it'll be good to have an hour "alone".  Allergies are kicking my butt and that makes me extra exhausted.  

DH has a primary care appointment tomorrow morning.  I also need to give him a haircut this week.  Thursday morning the cleaning folks come and Thursday evening our sitter from Rover is coming over for key pick-up and final instructions.  Friday we leave for a long weekend in WI to visit friends.  Somewhere along the way I need to do laundry and pack.

Weather was gorgeous this weekend with Saturday in the 80s and yesterday in the 70s.  
    Just a head's up - if you have to take the 94 bridge to WI - it is absolutely INSANE unless you go after about 9PM in either direction, use one of the other options (Stillwater/Prescott/RedWing/LaCrosse).  It is CRAZY how backed up it gets in the afternoon on a regular day, but the bridge construction where it's down to one lane in each direction for a major arterial makes it impossible most of the time now...
  • Options
    MNNEBrideMNNEBride member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    Thanks for the heads up!  We'll be crossing the river at LaCrosse.