Wedding Woes
Options

Stormy Thursday

How's everyone?  I'm hoping this rain keeps going bc it'd get me out of a softball game and a family movie night at my kids' school lol.  

Re: Stormy Thursday

• Options
    @ei34, It's funny you want the bad weather to continue!  But I get it.

It's beautiful and sunny today in my neck of the woods, though too hot (91).  But that's par for the course at this time of year.

I had a weird evening last night.  I've been having trouble sleeping and was still tired from Tues. night.  I took a nap at 5pm, when I logged off my work computer.  But didn't wake up until almost 8:00pm!  Not good.  I still felt a bit tired, so I decided to try for just sleeping all the way through the night.  I took some melatonin and went back to bed.  I was still only half-asleep for 1-2 hours, but finally fell back under and didn't wake-up until my alarm went off this morning!  You'd think I'd feel extra awake, refreshed, and energetic.  I don't, lol.  I'm at least not tired, but only have a normal amount of energy.   

I WFH yesterday and apparently missed quite the exciting day at the office.  There was a major police chase and the two suspects crashed into a parked SUV on the curb outside our building.  They fled and threw away a gun onto the sidewalk.  They tried to break down a door at a building across the street from ours, but were apprehended before they could get inside.  Fortunately, no one was injured except for one of the suspects from the car crash.  There were police cars and news vans everywhere.  Craziness!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, I'm sorry to hear about R's loss. I'm sure having your H and you all for support is helping him.

That is an adorable photo of M and J!  I love it.

One of my favorite photos from my childhood is the pic from the first time I held my baby sister, by myself.  I was almost 4 and she was a few months old.  Even though I was so young, I still have a memory of it.  I'm sure the photo has helped retain it.  My parents put me in the middle of their king sized bed, with a bunch of pillows behind me.  Gave me what felt like the longest instructions ever on how to carefully hold her, lol.  And then they gently put her in my arms.  I was so excited, it was the best!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    One week after the tornado in Houston, the skies are sunny. I have friends who lost power for several days. Hopefully they've gotten it back by now. @charlotte989875, I'm sorry to hear about R's loss. Hopefully your and your H's support is helpful.

• Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    That is an adorable picture @charlotte989875. I'm so sorry for your loss. 

They must be painting our building because someone just put plastic all over my office window. Which is fine, the extra privacy is nice (although it was disconcerting to look up from charting and see a face right next to mine in the window), but I won't lie, the plastic over the windows makes me feel like I'm being quarantined in some apocalyptic movie lol

Two more days of work. I'm sad because the protein yoghurt I recently discovered seems to be causing me some stomach pain after I eat it. Boo. It was fantastically low in carbs and high in protein. 

• Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    levioosa said:
    That is an adorable picture @charlotte989875. I'm so sorry for your loss. 

They must be painting our building because someone just put plastic all over my office window. Which is fine, the extra privacy is nice (although it was disconcerting to look up from charting and see a face right next to mine in the window), but I won't lie, the plastic over the windows makes me feel like I'm being quarantined in some apocalyptic movie lol

Two more days of work. I'm sad because the protein yoghurt I recently discovered seems to be causing me some stomach pain after I eat it. Boo. It was fantastically low in carbs and high in protein. 
    DH has had overnight oats daily with collagen powder and concluded he needs to stop using the one with the added probiotic because he's a big gas bubble. 
  • Options
    @levioosa, ooohhh!  Do you mind sharing the yogurt brand?  Low carb and high protein is my jam.  Plus I also find low carb yogurt to be so filling, even though it is usually fairly low in calories.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    @levioosa, ooohhh!  Do you mind sharing the yogurt brand?  Low carb and high protein is my jam.  Plus I also find low carb yogurt to be so filling, even though it is usually fairly low in calories.
    This is what I've been eating and it's pretty good! I don't care for Greek Yoghurt which tends to be higher in protein and lower in carbs, so this was something I was excited to find. Considering a regular yoplait has 26 g of carbs and only 5 g of protein I've been stoked to find this one which has 5 gm total carbs and 15 gm protein. 

https://www.yoplait.com/products/yoplait-protein-vanilla-single-serve

• Options
    levioosa said:
    This is what I've been eating and it's pretty good! I don't care for Greek Yoghurt which tends to be higher in protein and lower in carbs, so this was something I was excited to find. Considering a regular yoplait has 26 g of carbs and only 5 g of protein I've been stoked to find this one which has 5 gm total carbs and 15 gm protein. 

Thanks!  I like that it has a teal top to differentiate it from the normal Yoplaits.  But then that also makes me sure I have never seen it, lol.

It looks like it is new offering from them, so I will keep my eye out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    levioosa said:

Thanks!  I like that it has a teal top to differentiate it from the normal Yoplaits.  But then that also makes me sure I have never seen it, lol.

It looks like it is new offering from them, so I will keep my eye out!
    The Fairlife Protein Shakes are also good. They have them at Costco too. They're not the cheapest but I like them way more than the Premier Protein shakes. 30g protein, 4 gm carbs and 150 calories. 

• Options
    levioosa said:

The Fairlife Protein Shakes are also good. They have them at Costco too. They're not the cheapest but I like them way more than the Premier Protein shakes. 30g protein, 4 gm carbs and 150 calories. 
    I drink a Premier Protein shake almost every day and buy them at Costco, also.  My reason is they're cheaper and come in a Cafe Latte flavor.

The bane of my existence is chocolate or vanilla are the most popular flavors for all of those kinds of drinks, but those are my least favorite.

But people do rave about Fairlife.  I've been tempted to get a single and try it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    levioosa said:

Cool! A thanks from me too.  I like that brand and didn’t know it existed.  Mostly because I do grocery pick up and HAVE to know it exists for my search function to find it.