Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday

Thanks for all the nice words yesterday! Working to get back into a routine at home and need to make some progress on some house projects. Picking out paint this weekend and am in definite purge mode. I'm very excited. Otherwise SSDD. How's everyone?

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    SITB for some reason

Work today. I'm trying to decide what to do for my workout tonight. I want to be lazy and skip it but I really shouldn't. I should probably go to the gym and do 1-1.5 hours of cardio because if I try to do that at home I'll probably stop after thirty minutes. Or H and I will go on a walk but he's soooo slowwww and we'll only get a 3 mile walk in an entire hour. I'm trying to pep talk myself in being extra consistent with the gym and eating healthy before our trip (which is now 31 days away, yayyyy). I guess at the end of the day it depends if work has sucked the life out of me. 

Otherwise, SSDD. We started watching that show Evil on Netflix. It's okay but some of it is really hard to suspend logic to watch (and I'm not just talking about possible supernatural stuff, like very obvious medical and legal discrepancies). 

Otherwise, SSDD. I too want to purge my house. 

• Options
    CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Does anyone use Petco for pet supplies? I have a $10 off $40 purchase if anyone would use it (I used their Happy Returns service). We don't have pets but happy to forward if anyone would use. 
  • Options
    MNNEBrideMNNEBride member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    We had a good weekend with friends.  Lots of laughs and good conversation.  We went to a new pedestrian bridge across the river.  Oh boy.  None of us had been there and we picked our parking spot according to the info. online.  The whole thing is to be handicapped accessible so DH could use his scooter.  What we didn't know is that to get across the lock to access the bridge from that side, you needed to walk up a trail that was quite steep and not paved.  So we get going and the scooter just stops.  We knew there was plenty of battery but it just wouldn't turn on.  Friend's DH monkeys with it and pushes the reset on the battery.  It starts up again.  Happens again so after restarting we push DH along figuring the incline is too steep.  We could go 10-12 steps and it would stop.  We got the giggles and were making stupid comments.  Finally got to the top and sat in the shade to let the battery cool off (it was overheating).  We ended up not actually going over the bridge but had a great view from the top of the hill and enjoyed ourselves.  Also had dinner with a guy & his wife I used to work with for several years.  

Got home mid-afternoon on Monday.  The cat sitter/house sitter worked out well so we booked her again for Sept. when we go visit my sister. 

Short week at work but a busy one.  Hair cut and errands tonight after work.

@Casadena, I'm glad you got to spend time with your grandma and family around her passing.  ::Hugs::
    @ILoveBeachMusic - your trip sounds amazing
    @banana468 - what the heck is with people hitting things at your house!

Has anyone heard from @VarunaTT, I haven't seen her on in a while.
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    MNNEBride said:
    We had a good weekend with friends.  Lots of laughs and good conversation.  We went to a new pedestrian bridge across the river.  Oh boy.  None of us had been there and we picked our parking spot according to the info. online.  The whole thing is to be handicapped accessible so DH could use his scooter.  What we didn't know is that to get across the lock to access the bridge from that side, you needed to walk up a trail that was quite steep and not paved.  So we get going and the scooter just stops.  We knew there was plenty of battery but it just wouldn't turn on.  Friend's DH monkeys with it and pushes the reset on the battery.  It starts up again.  Happens again so after restarting we push DH along figuring the incline is too steep.  We could go 10-12 steps and it would stop.  We got the giggles and were making stupid comments.  Finally got to the top and sat in the shade to let the battery cool off (it was overheating).  We ended up not actually going over the bridge but had a great view from the top of the hill and enjoyed ourselves.  Also had dinner with a guy & his wife I used to work with for several years.  

Got home mid-afternoon on Monday.  The cat sitter/house sitter worked out well so we booked her again for Sept. when we go visit my sister. 

Short week at work but a busy one.  Hair cut and errands tonight after work.

@Casadena, I'm glad you got to spend time with your grandma and family around her passing.  ::Hugs::
    @ILoveBeachMusic - your trip sounds amazing
    @banana468 - what the heck is with people hitting things at your house!

Has anyone heard from @VarunaTT, I haven't seen her on in a while.
    @MNNEbride If you would like, I can send you the info for my Dad's wheelchair that he uses when we go camping. It's not the super hardcore outdoor wheelchairs (those are like $20,000) and it is heavy and not the cheapest, but the battery life on flat ground is pretty good (20+ miles I think), and it handles most inclines as well as mild "off-roading" pretty well. My mom took it up and around most parts of Mirror Lake in Yosemite as a reference point. It does run out of battery more quickly on extreme uphill though. Which is how the other day I ended up pushing my father 2 miles up a mountain after the battery caput because we forgot to charge it after he went to a church camp in the mountains. lol. It was a great workout but I was not prepared to push 260 lbs up an incline for two miles. 

• Options
    MNNEBrideMNNEBride member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
  • Options
    Phew!  Good news on the continuing saga of my eyeglasses.

I was planning to try and catch the optician manager, in person.  But she ended up calling me today.  I hadn't asked for her to call me so I wasn't expecting that, but I'm glad she did.

She said they will absolutely take my glasses back for a full refund, if I return them.  She also said I can call my eye insurance and let them know I returned the glasses.  That way, they will give me money towards my next pair.

I'm going to return them on Friday.  She said she wouldn't be there, but would put a note with my file.  But even though everything worked out, I'm going to get a new eye exam at America's Best and get my new glasses there.

Other than that, it's been a crazy day at work.  I only have two meetings a week, yet it never fails when someone wants an impromptu meeting with me, it's when one of those other meetings is happening.

I am already worn out from the day, but still have almost two hours left, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    @MNNEBride foldandgowheelchairs.com. Mom says it's for serious outings, if you're only going to malls, restaurants, etc, then a standard lighter chair is fine. My dad has the MagShock 400 lb capacity (overkill, the man only weighs 170 lol)

From what I've observed: 

Pros: Can be used for slight "off-roading," battery life is decent unless you are going up very steep slopes, it's sturdy, gives autonomy for movement for the person using it, or there's a push mode although of course that's harder than a regular wheelchair because the battery and frame makes it heavier than a regular chair. It has options for a bunch of accessories. 

Cons: Can be difficult to get in and out of vehicles and the lift is separate. It is heavy so you most likely won't be able to hulk it in and out of the trunk on your own without it. It is expensive. The chair is nearly $3K and lift is $800. For a lot of people that is out of budget. 

The chair options are overwhelming when you're looking. What has been helpful for my parents is to go to the large disability/adaptability conventions. It's kind of an overwhelming day, but you get to try out equipment and see adaptive devices which can be really useful. 

• Options
    We picked up the pup from DS2 today. The pup was super excited to see us and to be back home. The rest of the day was working out, finishing laundry and appointments. My hamstring and leg did well on the trip but I had scheduled a chiropractor appointment for today just in case. I also had a stretch appointment scheduled.

Tomorrow I need to get some much needed yard work done. It has been so wet here the weeds have grown exponentially! Thankfully the flowers have done well too. I'm looking forward to being home for a few weeks. We go back to DD's for the twins' 6th birthday in two weeks.