Wedding Woes
Options

Am I Missing a Friday post?

I wanted to drop in but I don't see any Friday except last week?  If I missed it, I'll copy and paste.

Still on the job search.  Trying to keep myself busy in cheap ways when not applying or interviewing.  Caught an old co-worker looking at my profile in LinkedIn.  I was annoyed, but just blocked her.  Saw the Furiousa movie.  It's good, but it's not Fury Road.  And Anna Taylor-Joy is not Charlize Theron.  It also isn't as much action as the first one.  However, seeing the story of Furiousa was very nice, so it was worth it.  Also saw, I Saw the TV Glow.  The previews made it look like a horror action flick, and it is NOT.  However, it is very good.  I'd like to see it again, without the assumptions I walked in with.  Was supposed to see Fall Guy, but allergens were high here, I had my allergy shot, and was down for 2 days.  My arm had a palm sized welt on it that was discolored, but it still went down in 24 hours, so no need to report to doctor.  I went ahead and took some pictures, just in case.

I've had to draw some boundaries with friends and I'm highly expecting to lose a few of them through simple attrition.  I had to stop going to our local hangout.  Every time I break sobriety, its at our local hangout.  So, I'm not going there anymore.  There will be 2 friends that I lose because they don't reach out to me to make plans -- and if I do, our interactions are awkward b/c the foundation of the friendship was alcohol and they don't do the work to engage in conversation.  Sucks, but it's better in the long run.

I've rearranged my apartment and got a desk that is so much more useful for me.  Waiting for some more storage shelves and a new rug and my apartment is finally starting to feel like everything has a place to live.  I don't have a lot of "stuff", but I do have some and my apartment has no closets/shelves beyond the main clothing closet.

Other than that, not too much going on.  Basically just keeping myself busy so I don't get too down about my situation and moving forward.

Re: Am I Missing a Friday post?

• Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Hi Varuna! Sending you good vibes. 

Honestly Linkedin is the worstttt to me. I already think social media is a nightmare. I don't want to add work into that mix. And I don't want to know who's looking at my profile, and don't let them know I'm looking. It's weird. I also had a pretty serious and scary thing happen in my past and I try not to be open (as much as is feasible in today's world) about where I am/where I work specifically. I know I should be more invested considering the use, but I hate it. 

Not too much happening here. 28 days until our cruise and I'm feeling very checked out, and it's much too early to feel that way. I need to pipe down and save those feelings for the week before. 

• Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 31
    @levioosa I paid for the premium, so I can see more information.  I can usually see who is looking at my profile and if someone downloads it.  But it lets me track down connections as well, to try and get my resume through the door.  It's almost a full time job, just trying to apply intelligently.  Add on top of that, there are so many scam jobs or sending your resume to what is just another recruiting agency website, that it's exhausting.  I usually work on it from 9-3, almost every day.
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    VarunaTT said:
    @levioosa I paid for the premium, so I can see more information.  I can usually see who is looking at my profile and if someone downloads it.  But it lets me track down connections as well, to try and get my resume through the door.  It's almost a full time job, just trying to apply intelligently.  Add on top of that, there are so many scam jobs or sending your resume to what is just another recruiting agency website, that it's exhausting.  I usually work on it from 9-3, almost every day.
    Ugh, fingers crossed you find something soon. I feel like our parents and grandparents can't even fathom how insane it is now trying to find any job, let alone a decent one.