Texas-Houston
Options

Heirlooms?

Are you using anything in the wedding that is a family heirloom? Or has anything been given to you that has been passed down?

Re: Heirlooms?

• Options
    allinannieallinannie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my great grandmothers brooch. she was born in 1901 i believe. i put it on my bouquet. http://tinyurl.com/lyojwkit was also my something blue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thas so pretty Anni, also very sweet. I wish i had something i could have used, but out family doesn't really have anything that i know of that could have been used. Most of the passed down things have been furniture.
  • Options
    Zurita1123Zurita1123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom gave me my grandmother's earrings, I also have my mother's veil and her bible from her wedding (it still have rice in the creases)
  • Options
    Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I wore my mothers cathedral length veil (mantilla) that was handmade in Spain for my parents wedding, it was my dad's family's gift to her for their wedding 45 years agoI wore my moms pearls, and had a sixpence in my shoe from the year my parents were married
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am wearing a pin with the letter K. The lady I'm named after recently passed away and that is what she left to me. She was 86 and I believe the pin was her mother's. So I am not sure how old it is but I know its really old. I plan on putting it on my bouquet. I also am wearing my mothers pearls possibly and my great grandmothers ring. We haven't figure it all out yet. For sure I am putting the K on my bouquet because she meant a lot to me and my mother.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Grandma and Grandpa have upgraded their wedding rings over the years so the first ring my grandpa got had 6 diamonds in it so they took those diamonds out of his ring and had them put into a necklace I got to design for my wedding day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wore my mother's cathedral length veil that my grandmother made. my sister wore it in her wedding too.
  • Options
    ayersfam20ayersfam20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Put my late Grandmother's Brooch on my bouquet, wore a bracelet my Mom wore in her wedding. 
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • Options
    mrunner2009mrunner2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish I had a cool brooch I could use on my boquet. Maybe I'll ask around. I wasnt given anything to use in the wedding, but FMIL gave us toasting glasses from her collection of crystal. Also, both Mom's have sets of china that they intend to give us. Which is nice, I think! I was going to use my Great G-ma's diamond from her wedding ring in mine, but it was chipped and not safe to use in a ring. Im putting it into a pendant and I might wear it if I like it enough.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mrunner, could you use the diamond and put it in a brooch?
  • Options
    bgoingsbgoings member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using my grandpa's dog tags on my bouquet, and a picture of my dad and I.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    great-grandmother's handkerchief. I'm going to wrap it around my bouquet stems.

Glenna Harding Photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards