Wedding Woes
Options

Fri-yay

We made it! Phew what a long week!

Re: Fri-yay

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    @ei34, we did a family session for mom as a Mother's Day gift and then we did another one less than a year before she passed.  I'm so freaking happy we did it and have those pics.  Have fun!!  <3 
  • Options
    @CharmedPam, congrats on getting a lawn service.  One less chore to worry about.

I was reading a post on one of my real estate forums from a landlady in Chicago.  Chicago has a rule that when tenants are evicted, all their belongings need to go out on the curb.  The property owner cannot touch or dispose of those items within the first 24 hours*, but the city will start ticketing before that.

She worked out a deal with a few junk shop people.  She gives them advance notice of when an eviction is happening and then contacts them again when all the belongings are out.  But they need to take everything, not pick and choose.  If they don't take everything, they don't get called again.

She said it has worked out great.  They come within 15 minutes of the stuff being put out.  They take it all and sort it out later.  And no more trash fines for her.

*New Orleans is the same way, but they don't give trash tickets right away and give a warning, first.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm so glad things are looking positive for your sister @mrsconn23. Continuing the good vibes for your family.

Had dinner with a friend last night. Tonight I'm supposed to gym and then it's off to the weekend where we don't have too many plans. H had a final yesterday and tomorrow he has another one. Poor guy is stressed but also he did some of it to himself because he waited until the last three weeks to cram in all of the assignments due AND try to study. 

I had some weird AF dreams this week. We started a (non-psychedelic) mushroom night time supplement and honestly it has been so helpful for my insomnia that I don't even care if it's a placebo, but man, it gives me the wildest dreams. But I'll take it if it means I am sleeping through nearly the whole night instead of taking 1-2 hours to fall asleep followed by multiple night time awakenings. 

• Options
    If J wasn’t coughing last night I was. It’s struggle bus central over here. I’m so tired and so is he. Nephew has a baseball game in our town tonight so we’re going to attempt taking the boys. 
  • Options
    levioosa said:

I had some weird AF dreams this week. We started a (non-psychedelic) mushroom night time supplement and honestly it has been so helpful for my insomnia that I don't even care if it's a placebo, but man, it gives me the wildest dreams. But I'll take it if it means I am sleeping through nearly the whole night instead of taking 1-2 hours to fall asleep followed by multiple night time awakenings. 
    I have weird dreams anyway! Care to send me a link? (You can PM me if you want).  I’m really trying not to use ambien.
    that’s genius @short+sassy

• Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    @CharmedPam

https://www.plantpeople.co/products/wondersleep-mushroom-gummies

They're not the cheapest (and who knows, maybe placebo) but both H and I noticed a difference. 

• Options
    It has been a very emotional day. Last evening I found out a son's 39 year old son died very unexpectedly. She is a member of my book club, and as you all know we are a close knit group. All of our kids went to school together at some point. We are all reeling from this news and trying to figure out the best way to be supportive of her. She is divorced from his dad and her other children live far away. For those of you who pray, please keep her and her family in your prayers. No parent should have to deal with this kind of thing.

We were to go to a backyard reception for a friend's daughter tomorrow but I'm going to be with my friend tomorrow while she is going through her son's house. I've called my other friend and explained I won't be there. I'm sorry to miss the party (they were married in Ireland last month)  but feel I need to be where I will be. Sunday will be church. 
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    I'm so sorry for your loss @ILoveBeachMusic

• Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited June 8
    That’s horrible news @ILoveBeachMusic. So sorry for your loss
    thanks @levioosa.  Zero sugar too? Double score!

• Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic, I'm so sorry to hear that!  I hope she is doing okay, all things considered.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic, I'm so sorry for your friend's loss.  Prayers for her and her family but also that you and her other friends can be support and comfort for her amid your own grief. 
  • Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic I'm so sorry to hear that. I will definitely pray!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @ILoveBeachMusic.  ((hugs)) and vibes of peace and healing for your friend and her family. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    So very heartbreaking @ILoveBeachMusic, I’m sorry for her loss and it sounds like you and your friends are a major source of comfort for her right now