Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

How’s everyone? Wishing smooth days for all!

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    How are you @VarunaTT?

ExH texted yesterday that he was coming by in the evening to wash his car and to have the kids in bathing suits to help him.  Thankfully it was a light evening as far as activities so they were available. He pissed me off in 17 different ways.  Mostly bc he had the opportunity to, similar to DDs birthday last month.  I’ve now learned that the next time he randomly decides to see the kids I’m going to be firm on “yes! See them, but you have to drive up, they’ll get into your car, and drive away with them. Take them somewhere. Then drop them off back home and drive away.” Bc it’s the him hanging out in my yard and driveway that gives him the opportunity. I want the kids to have time with him but don’t want to be around him myself, not when he treats me the way he does. Live and learn I guess. 
  • Options
    CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    wow, exH has a lot of nerve. I'm sorry you're still having to deal with this BS. 
  • Options
    CasadenaCasadena member
    SSDD here. Hate being in the office when i'm not super busy, i could be getting so much done around my house between meetings! Mom is putting a second coat of paint in our entryway and hallway. Leaving tomorrow and ocming back next week to paint our living room and kitchen. I'm so thankful! It's nice to have her around and she's also saving us a ton of $$ not hiring painters. I love painting like that, but just dont' have the dedicated time. 

Trying to decide what to do for father's day. I got a couple small gifts already, but want an activity for the day as well! Maybe mini golf or something. 

Oh! The boys have been asking to sleep in the same room together for "sleepovers" so we moved their beds to the same room on Sunday and they love it. Fingers crossed it goes well and we can get a real guest bedroom back and get the guest bed out of the office so H and I both have some space in there for work stuff :)
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited June 11
    Casadena said:
    Mom is putting a second coat of paint in our entryway and hallway. Leaving tomorrow and ocming back next week to paint our living room and kitchen. I'm so thankful! It's nice to have her around and she's also saving us a ton of $$ not hiring painters. I love painting like that, but just dont' have the dedicated time.
    Moms ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    I’ve justified some purchases recently (like my cleaning service) with the money I saved from my parents coming in to help with both my bedroom reno AND the yard work they did. My tree trimming would have been extra $$$ for sure.  Rodan & Fields has a new lip oil out? Suuuure.  I saved with not spending as much had I gone pro. Lol

• Options
    I’m in the office again and while it’s good to connect, it’s hard being away from J. Also again today I hate pumping here. I also had coffee with a friend who was on leave at the same at time I was at the company is really effing her over now thats she’s back. Basically they’re trying to demote her without violating FMLA and it sucks. I feel awful for her.  
  • Options
    edited June 11
    My sister sent this to me (it’s a fb vid).  Canadian news but translates well to American flight issues too.  Hilarious.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/741798317894971?fs=e&s=TIeQ9V&mibextid=3DMxNo

• Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    I am on the struggle bus today. 

Saturday was fun...a little too much fun actually, but then the weekend just completely devolved from there. 

Grandpa has been bleeding pretty continuously for...well, forever, but worse in the last 4-5 months. He's failed hyperbaric chamber treatment, medication, and iron infusions. He ended up in the ER on Sunday with severe anemia, needed blood transfusion, and the lack of blood flow caused a heart attack. He's still bleeding a lot, is confused and doesn't understand why we're making him stay in the hospital and wear the foley catheter. My uncle can't fly down (trigger warning) because his close friend (who also always watches his dog) committed suicide the day before. Also yesterday my mom got a phone call from their city jail because my brother got himself arrested, again. When I heard that I just started laughing out loud, because seriously? What even is life right now. At least my brother being confined to one place is actually helpful, tbh. I came into work super reluctantly to an overbooked schedule and all I want to do is just leave but I don't have any more PTO. Honestly I should probably get some kind of FMLA for my family. I don't mind having a day or two here or there without pay, but stressing about having to come into work is too much. Life is a shit show. I also spent all day at my parent's house on Sunday so Mom could be with Grandpa in the ER and so my dad didn't get salty at being left alone and that was a lot. I'm just beyond emotionally drained. 

• Options
    Not much here. I'm baking GS2's birthday cake at the moment. GS1 wants an ice cream cake so we will be buying it when we get up there tomorrow. It has become tradition that we get the birthday cake. GS2 wanted a lemon cake that I make (it was my aunt's recipe). I reminded him it doesn't have frosting but a glaze so it won't have "Happy Birthday Grandson" on it. He rolled his eyes and said I know Nana. LOL! He also said don't forget the blueberry sauce (which I serve on the side). Pretty specific for a 6 year old lol! After the cake is done, I'm mopping the kitchen floor so the house will be clean when we get home on Sunday (yes I get it @CharmedPam).

Put your foot down with ExH @ei34. He's being a jerk.
  • Options
    CasadenaCasadena member
    There is a cicada somewhere in our office and people are kind of freaking out. It's hilarious. 

Does anyone have a recommendation for a daily face sunscreen? I'm indoors most of the time but would be nice to just add it to the routine for when we play outside after school or I walk to pick up the kids. Stuff like that. I tend to have comb skin and generally use Cerave night lotion in the am as well, so no spf. I found the cerave morning too heavy. 
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    @casadena SIL loves the Aveeno face lotion and recently the Neutrogena Invisible Serum Daily Sun Defense Lotion. I personally use the bougie Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protector Lotion and while it can be a little greasy, I find it works super well and I never burn with it as long as I'm reapplying in the sun as recommended. I can't say that for other brands I've tried and I am glow in the dark light. I want to love other brands (help, my wallet) but I keep going back to the Shiseido.

• Options
    @Casadena I'm a fan of Supergoop which I put on over my moisturizer.  It has fine particles and a very slight tint. 
  • Options
    @ei34 - How annoying of your ExH.  I'm glad you have a plan.
    @levioosa - I'm sorry your grandpa is not doing well.  All the healing vibes for him and hugs to you.

I received an email from the AA today that I have mail at the office.  Hmm.  I'll be close on Monday for an appointment with DH so will stop in and pick it up then,  I'm thinking it's the certificate, etc. from the award I won but it's super annoying that they didn't send it home since that is where I work.  

@CharmedPam, it's so nice to come home to a clean house after vacation.  I have a new cleaning person coming next week (again!) and hope this one works out. The one area of our house that I don't have cleaned is the office.  It becomes a dumping ground and I really need to sort & de-junk.  I've been looking at different desk options on Marketplace & online but to change out my current desk means a rearrangement of the whole room.  One of these days...

I have a mani/pedi tonight and am looking forward to some time to relax on my own.  Dinner is in the crockpot so that's taken care of for today!
  • Options
    CasadenaCasadena member
    @levioosa i'm so sorry you're dealing with all of that, from every angle. Sending hugs and support.
  • Options
    edited June 12
    @levioosa, this is just a lot right now. And then shitty working conditions.  I’m sorry you’re going through all this. 
    @Casadena, I follow Natasha Brinkmann on fb, the beauty  junky monkey and she knows her stuff.  She had skin cancer and of course is a huge advocate of sunscreen.  She highly recommends this. 
    I can’t vouch for it yet because I had to wait for my current stuff to be gone before ordering this and I just got it yesterday. 
    Edit; a link to the video (and probably too much info about sun and radiation) but she recommends this one a lot - https://fb.watch/sEFNpdsXa3/?mibextid=v7YzmG and another https://fb.watch/sEFYJiFAt9/?mibextid=v7YzmG