Wedding Woes
Options

Everyone in the office? Really?

Dear Prudence,

I am a happily married guy with a great daughter. I am not trying to brag, but I am a handsome man. This is causing a lot of issues at work. Initially at work, women and girls try to flirt with me and expect me to go on a date with them. But I try to keep the relationship platonic and friendly. This angers them and they team up with other men and start teasing me badly (small dick, gay, impotent, etc..). Men are angry because I am the center of attention for all women. This has caused me to quit work sometimes and my career is being affected. Please help.

—Bullied

Re: Everyone in the office? Really?

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    If you’re being harassed for being gay, go to HR like yesterday. Other than that everyone sounds really immature. 
  • Options
    If people are asking you out on dates and they’re creating an uncomfortable work environment go to HR. This is inappropriate no matter your gender, sexuality, or family structure. 

But something about this is odd- everywhere you work this has happened? You’ve quit jobs because you’re just so attractive people don’t take no for an answer and gang up on you. Everyone? Event management and HR? 
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    Oh god.

Really? You're just soooooo good looking that you have had to quit multiple jobs because of it? 

This is mud or just absolute out of touch bullshit from LW.

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    I’m reading it as English isn’t LW’s first language, and he means that he calls out sometimes, not that he quits sometimes? Maybe? 

Either way, he desperately needs to get over himself if he thinks every single woman wants him. Not sure he realizes that everyone has their own type? Like if each of us on this board was asked to name the male celebrity we find most attractive, there’d probably be a variety of answers. 
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    This letter kind of reminds me of my ex who was, objectively, a very attractive man, but it was so fucking annoying to hear him always sigh, "everyone always finds me so attractive. I can't interact with any women without them always becoming attracted to me. It makes it really hard for me, you know?" Like listen dude, not everyone is attracted to you. And also why did it take me so long to figure out you sucked? lol. 

• Options
    levioosa said:
    This letter kind of reminds me of my ex who was, objectively, a very attractive man, but it was so fucking annoying to hear him always sigh, "everyone always finds me so attractive. I can't interact with any women without them always becoming attracted to me. It makes it really hard for me, you know?" Like listen dude, not everyone is attracted to you. And also why did it take me so long to figure out you sucked? lol. 
    DH's (deceased) best friend was like this.  I tolerated him, but I thought he was an asshole most of the time.  He hated that he couldn't 'get' to me.  He tried to tell a friend I came on to him and she just laughed at him. 

Anyway, I think this LW is telling some tall tales. 
  • Options
    This LW would make more sense if everyone in the world was exactly the same.

All women find the same type of man irresistibly attractive.  Apparently, they are also all single or cool with cheating.  Then they all treat rejection with anger.

But let's not forget the men.  They are all jealous if another male in the herd is popular with the ladies.  To the point where will they all be angry and resort to teasing and name calling.  Even in a work setting.

But not too bad of a creative writing assignment for a kid in jr. high.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I feel like this could have been written by my college ex. He is objectively VERY hot. Also objectively and obviously VERY into being hot and VERY conceited and narcissistic. He's a "model" and "actor" now. So I totally believe that people think this about themselves. 

Man, I dated some real winners...
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    Casadena said:
    I feel like this could have been written by my college ex. He is objectively VERY hot. Also objectively and obviously VERY into being hot and VERY conceited and narcissistic. He's a "model" and "actor" now. So I totally believe that people think this about themselves. 

Do we have the same ex? Mine has an IMDB account now *giant eye roll*

• Options
    CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    levioosa said:
    Casadena said:

Do we have the same ex? Mine has an IMDB account now *giant eye roll*
    OMG mine too, lol.