Wedding Woes

Tired Tuesday

How's everyone?  
Random check in to see how @mrsconn23, @MissKittyDanger, @climbingsingle, @Jen4948 and @STARMOON44 are all doing

Re: Tired Tuesday

• ei34ei34 member
    Knottie Warrior 2500 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    Super chilly here, low 40s overnight has moved into the high 40s (not complaining, it feels good).  The kids all made it into school, they never had fevers or headaches, just lingering coughs, which if I waited until they were gone, they'd miss weeks of school.  But still wish it was me instead.
  • Good Morning!  I took yesterday off since the kids had no school and we had a very belated party for Chiquito.  It was him plus 3 friends bowling and then we headed out to lunch at the Olive Garden.  With our group size we had a big dining room table and the kiddo felt like  a king.  It was low key but fantastic and then I finished my book club book. 

• You’re so sweet to think of them @ei34.  We haven’t heard from @misskittydanger in while since picking up her new job.  Are you back at work @ei34?
    Sounds like a great day @banana468
    Very cold and rainy here. I have a vampire circus to go to tonight! So Yay!  Also, I almost binged “school spirits” on paramount + Sunday and yesterday. I have one episode left.  I actually like it. Lots of twists. 

• I'm worn out today.  Too much on my brain.  Also, my FB memories today contained something from my friend who passed and it's kinda slapping me around.  

Irritating story that is too long: Trying to make plans for going out of town on Friday.  Basically, in July, I bought tickets for a symphony event for me, A, R, K, and T, in the city where A lives, so I was going to stay with her, this weekend.  K and T end up having to cancel for reasons out of their control.

Me, A, J, and B have a long standing group chat.  A asks us (me, J, and B are in same city) to come up to visit before holidays and the election.  I remind A that we have these symphony plans already, and I now have 2 extra tickets.  J and B both agree to take extra tickets and come up as well.  To me, this has now become A's event to plan, I'm just taking care of symphony stuffs and my travel up there.

Now, B has gone....IDK, just uninvolved.  Not looking at or commenting in chat much.  I've tagged her once in the chat to be like, Hey, J and I are making these plans for travel, are you joining us?  No response.   In my mind, it's also A's event now, so I don't want to hunt B down for answers.  A just said, whatever your traveling plans are, is fine by me.  Also, B has done this to us before, being unresponsive when basically she just didn't want to do something, but can't appear to just say no as a whole grown ass woman, so that's irritating.  It just feels like everyone is abdicating responsibility on decisions and planning and that's difficult for me to deal with on the best of days.

I absolutely know that I'm irritated generally with B, but the loss of my close friend is making the irritation worse.

Otherwise, SSDD.  I moved my work home office set up, next to my personal home office set up, and I'm much happier with it.  Now I can just flip back and forth between computers and see my TV.
  • That sounds like a lot varuna. Good luck. 

Glad chiquito had a nice birthday celebration @banana468 - bowling sounds fun!

Slammed at work and solo parenting while H is at a work conference for a few days. I feel very frazzled. Weather is finally feeling cold and i'm loving it :)
  • He’s so cute @charlotte989875! Glad you had a day off

• @CharmedPam, a vampire circus sounds fun!

@VarunaTT, sounds like you and J should plan what works best for the two of you.  Notify B of what the plan is so they can join if they want and not worry about it if they still ignore.  Your new work station set-up sounds great.  Mine is lacking quite a bit, but I can make-do with it for now.  I'll figure out something better once I move and am settled.  

Weather has been pretty good down here.  Surprisingly still a bit hot for this time of year.  Highs in the mid-80s today.  Dropping to the low 70s for the next few days.  But then back to the low 80s toward the end of the month.

I talked to my mom on Sunday.  I forgot she and her H are going to OH this week to visit her mom and sister.  They are traveling from CA via his RV and will be driving through Baton Rouge on their way back, so I will be meeting them for lunch there.

She also told me that they are going to be grandparents again.  At first, I thought she was talking about my sister and my brain almost short-circuited, lol.  My sister is 47 and would be horrified to be pregnant again.  She and my BIL were done having kids 14 years ago when my nephew was born.  But my mom was actually talking about one of my stepbrothers.  Phew!!!  But it was definitely 1-2 surreal minutes of my brain screaming "wtf is happening?!?", lmao.

I like my stepbrothers, but I moved to Louisiana 6 months after my mom met their dad so I don't know them that well or think of them as siblings.  They're also about 10 years younger than my sister and me.  They were little kids when our parents first started dating.

They're also both late-blooming kind of guys, which is another reason I didn't think of them.  I'll call them B (oldest) and C.  Neither one has ever been married and they rarely have serious relationships.  In the 20ish years since they have been adults, B has had two girlfriends and C has had one.  Nothing wrong with that!  I just thought they would spend their lives as inveterate bachelors with no kids.  

B is the soon-to-be father and I think has been with g/f #2 for a couple years.  I'm happy for him, as well as for my mom/stepdad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @charlotte989875, it's pretty cool the meerkats walk right against the glass wall!  I can see that's part of their charm.  They aren't afraid of people on the other side of the glass, so M gets a close look at them walking right past him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What a cutie! @charlotte989875 I'm glad you guys had a day off for the zoo! 

That's so annoying @VarunaTT I hate when people won't just say how they're feeling. If you don't want to go just say it while there's time to make other arrangements. 

Work today. I slept horrible last night. Otherwise, SSDD. It was overcast on the way to work and that's my absolute favorite. There's nothing like the sun shining straight into your eyes in a drive with stop and go traffic that is just rage inducing. lol. I can't believe October is already half way over.