Texas-Houston
Options

Got Moxie Photography Advice!

Please be cautioned before beginning a relationship with Got Moxie Photography. This is actually what used to be K&C Photography. The "K" is still there, however the businesses previous problems with the BBB (most of which have not been resolved or responded to) may still linger. I thought after talking with her that everything would be fine even though I did have some trouble getting in touch with her, but now she has gone so far as to block my calls to her phone and ignore my emails. I am at my wits end. Please be careful with her and make sure to get your contract before you give her anything. I fell for a "my copier is broken" trick and have yet to see my paperwork again. I f she begins to act fishy don't go through with it! On another note, does anybody have recommendations for a REPUTABLE photog in Houston with a package for ceremony, bridal and engagements for under $5500? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Got Moxie Photography Advice!

• Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I know under the Houston Hottie Bio that TX Sun has in her siggy has a bunch.Of course I will recommend mine. www.montagephotographers.com has packages in that range and has some great quality albums and other products. He is awesome to work with and beautiful work! If you have any qusetions about him you can contact me at lizmartin05 at gmail dot com
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AustraliaC, so sorry to hear about the bad experience.  Can you email me at sweet_peas_72@yahoo.com.  I'll provide you with a fabulous list of great photographers I work with.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Artistic Design Photography. They are super nice, their packages are great and so are their prices. You can email me at alb479 at yahoo dot com if you want her info.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried going up to her place of business and demand your deposit back? That really sucks that there are vendors like that. Horrible! I had a vendor I had booked and we cancelled with them the same week because I heard bad reviews. They gave us back our deposit, but the week of the wedding they called to let me know they were going to be my vendor. I told them uh....I cancelled you guys a 5 months ago and I got my deposit back. sooo I would doubly make sure that photog knows they are done. You don't want to have an awkward turtle moment with this photographer showing up the day of your wedding.
    Photobucket
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @STBMrsMartin Her "business" is currently being run from her home. I am reluctant to return there as she seems she might do something drastic. I sent a certified letter to figure out what was going on and it appears as though she refused it. I think the next step may be a civil suit... Thank you for these references, I'm gonna get started on making some call ASAP!
  • Options
    FutureMrsDangFutureMrsDang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will recommend my photographer...Pink Posh.  Check out their blog at blogs.pinkposh.com  The ladies here will provide you with great resources.
  • Options
    Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you are going through this....I used Nhan Photography Not sure of the price breaks of these, but they are also very goodStudio CaptureStudio563Paper DollsJohn LyPink Posh as mentionedDef. check out the hottie bio there are a lot of recs on there
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! So sorry AustraliaC that you are going through this. Hope everything works out okay and you find an awesome photographer and other vendors!
    Photobucket
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry about your experience. That sucks. I loved my photographers. Love love love. They are based out of San Antonio but will travel! They are well within your budget. http://www.bendthelight.com/
  • Options
    sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just emailed you with a list.  Again, good luck!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also recommend Pink Posh. Also Studio563 does really good work and in your budget.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that is just so sad, sorry to hear about your issues, i hope it all works out in the end. the girls have given you some great resouces to start with, good luck!
    Planning Bio
    Updated 8/24
    The Planning Blog
    Updated 8/26

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oh another thing you can go to PPA (google it), Prof Photg of America and locate photogs through them all are licensed and insured by them, a lot of the more trendy photog are not but doesn't mean they do bad work at all...but PPA backs their photogs. 
    Planning Bio
    Updated 8/24
    The Planning Blog
    Updated 8/26

• Options
    soshieldssoshields member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you SO MUCH for posting this! I was going to use Kimberley with Got Moxie, but have been a bit nervous about it. Her computer is always down so she cannot send me pics of her work at my venue...etc... But as soon as I started to ask her about a deposit she responded IMMEDIATELY. I am pretty upset because I absolutely  love her work and she was within my budget, but after reading your issues I see absolutely no reason to move forward with her. Not sure where to turn now...there have been some good posts on here in regards to photography, the search continues! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @soshields: No problem! I don't wish that fate on anyone! That's why I went public about the whole embarrassing ordeal. It is uncanny how quickly she'll want to communicate once you mention payment! I also got a message from a recent customer who informed me that she spent the entire evening socializing at her wedding, so she now has almost no pictures from her wedding and ceremony. So apparently now that she is working as a single photographer as opposed to on a team, she seems to need work with handling the workload as well. Thanks again to everyone for the great advice and tips! I am meeting with a new potential photog today and arranging to meet another next week! Much appreciation Knotties!
  • Options
    janie2002janie2002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you pay the deposit with a credit card? If so you might be able to get a refund with them someway. If I were you I would def get wedding insurance. I had no idea Got Moxie was the company started by K&C, they have had horrible reviews here. The bright side is you still have time to find another photog, I remember some brides never got their pictures from K&C after their  wedding.The photogs mentioned up above are some of the one's normally used here that are the higher price range. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards