Texas-Houston
Options

**newbies**

I noticed this past week that we have many newbies =)Lets play ask a bunch of questions!1:how did you and FI meet?2:any checks?3: location (ceromony/reception)?4: why did you choose this location?5:did you pick out your e-ring, or did he?6: anything that you would change about it?7:do you get along with the FILs?8: any children?9: do you work?10: ask the oldies a question!

Re: **newbies**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1:how did you and FI meet? Through a mutual friend that neither of us talk to 2:any checks? Location. Still working on the others. 3: location (ceromony/reception)? Willow Fork Country Club in Katy 4: why did you choose this location? WE liked that it wasn't so big and that it would still feel like an intimate wedding. 5:did you pick out your e-ring, or did he? we both did. It was the only ring that we both agreed on. It is a mix of both of our styles. 6: anything that you would change about it? Nothing! I am so in love with it I have dreams where people try to destroy it. 7:do you get along with the FILs? FI's mom passed away last month, but we got along. His dad is so funny. 8: any children? We have a dog which is a child. 9: do you work? Yes. I'm in sales. 10: ask the oldies a question! How long did it take you to have all your vendors picked? Who was your favorite and why?
  • Options
    Zurita1123Zurita1123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *we're picked out everything except for the DJ and Cake vendor. Its taken us 2 months to choose everything, next week I will put my deposit down for our videographer and photographer. My faves so far are my DOC and photographer =)
  • Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    *it took me about 3 months to get all of our vendors. I have 2 favorite vendor our photographer & liquor guy. The liquor guy is a weird choice, but we saved a ton of $$ and it was AWESOME service.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    How long did it take you to have all your vendors picked? about 6 months, we were engaged for 13 monthsWho was your favorite and why? Photography - because his work is amazing, and we had used him before and our reception venue - because it was unique and it really showed us as a couple and our guests loved it
  • Options
    ayersfam20ayersfam20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How long did it take you to have all your vendors picked?About 8 months?  Cake was one of the last ones I got.  We were engaged for just under 10 months. Who was your favorite and why? My photog, I love him :), My florist - can't say enough good things about them.
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • Options
    lyndseynelllyndseynell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I lurk a lot for inspiration but don't post much.  I actually live in Dallas but planning wedding for Houston so tend to be on this board more often.  And...1. we met in high school but didnt start dating until a few years after2. reception location, think i found a dress3. Tin Hall - in Cypress, still working on ceremony location...any suggestions?4. laid back, fun, right price, fits our personality5. he custom made it but we had looked before so he knew what I liked6. Not one thing7. yes8. nope, but 2 dogs that are spoiled rotten9. yes, in dallas10. how the heck do I get my picture in sig to work???  I even read the Houston Hottie FAQs and it is still red x!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lyndsey - What site are you using?  Upload to tinypic dot com, click on the pic to open it all the way.  Right click on the pic and go to properties.  Copy the url and paste into the code from the hottie bio.
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    STB- I love your new siggy pic it is classy. Ayers- What photog did you use?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Collin Richie.  www dot collinrichiephoto dot com.  If you go to his site and go to folio at the top, our wedding is under "featured weddings" amanda + chris - houston,tx.
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!! It is from my bridal session yesterday. I am super excited how they are turning out so far.
    Photobucket
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're gorgeous!  I want to see more!
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I still haven't decided if I want to do Bridals. I hate taking pictures by myself.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah me too. I don't like being the center of attention at all.  After the wedding though I thought about it and decided to do it. I am so backwards.
    Photobucket
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1: We met in college.2: We have found the location of our ceremony/reception.3: Briscoe Manor in Richmond4: I wanted a chapel and a big reception area.5: I narrowed it down, but he made the final decision.6: Nothing... I love it!7: We get along very well (which is great).8: No children9: Yes10:  How did you narrow down your photographers and videographers.  There are so many and I don't even know where to start.  I want great photos and videos, so its hard trying to figure out which ones are the best.
  • Options
    MrsReyes2010MrsReyes2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I rarely post  mostly lurk. So, I'd like to play.1 how did you and FI meet? Long time friends2 any checks? reception and ceremony3: location (ceromony/reception)? Annunciation Catholic Church/Pine Forest Country Club4: why did you choose this location? Church - love, love the  church , Reception-Large dance floor and within my budget!5:did you pick out your e-ring, or did he? He did!6: anything that you would change about it? nope7:do you get along with the FILs? Yes, love them!8: any children? Yes, we have one beautiful 2 1/2 year old! She's in full terrible two's mode.9: do you work? Yes10: ask the oldies a question!Who are these photographers  you all keep raving about? Any recommendations for an affordable day of coordinator? What should I focus on next? Photography? Videography? DJ? Help please!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How did you narrow down your photographers and videographers. There are so many and I don't even know where to start. I want great photos and videos, so its hard trying to figure out which ones are the best.I based my decision off of recommendations from other brides and people I knew. From there I went to the photogs/videographer's website to see their work. If I like it I would meet with them and see if we clicked and got a long. Then I would go on wedding wire to see if they have good reviews. Who are these photographers you all keep raving about? Any recommendations for an affordable day of coordinator? What should I focus on next? Photography? Videography? DJ? Help please!Alot of the girls on this board have used from phenomenal photographers. I used Montage Photographers and alot girls used pink posh (great work). Check all the vendors out on the Houston Hottie Bio. Zurita has a link on her siggy. I would definetly pick out your photog next. Their dates get booked fast for the following year.
    Photobucket
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah! Congrats to all the NEWBIES... please post more. This board gets boring without anyone posting. :-)Happy Planning!
    Photobucket
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1:how did you and FI meet? through a friend2:any checks? ??3: location (ceromony/reception)? The Phoenix Bed and Breakfast in Weimar4: why did you choose this location? A friend of mine got married there a couple of years ago and I fell in love with the place... you get the entire weekend for the price of one night in Houston also.5:did you pick out your e-ring, or did he? We picked it out together :)6: anything that you would change about it?Nope, I love it!7:do you get along with the FILs? Yes, it's like I'm already a part of the family... they love me :)8: any children?  No children yet9: do you work?  Yes, I am a floral event designer! We are in the process of buying 2 local flower shops here in Houston and then my team and I are going to turn them into mostly a wedding floral business with a boutique10: ask the oldies a question- Vendor suggestions for signature drinks/cocktails only, dj's, hair and makeup, and cakes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh yeah... checks- ceremony site!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking of using "Cara Dulce" for my makeup and hair, and am using Tresor Photography =) There is lots of vendors listed on the "hottie bio" in my siggy, but not all are listed.
  • Options
    Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Zurita - have you talked to Sara at Cara Dulce yet? She did my hair and makeup and I loved her, she is super sweet too
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not yet, I was thinking of calling next week =)  I've heard good things from some old friends. I'm still undecided a hair style
  • Options
    FutureMrsDangFutureMrsDang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did you narrow down your photographers and videographers. There are so many and I don't even know where to start. I want great photos and videos, so its hard trying to figure out which ones are the best.Narrowing down the photographer was easy for me.  I first decided what type of pictures I wanted.  I didn't want the traditional types of pictures.  I wanted something more fun.  Then I started looking at how many hours the photog provided in their packages because I knew my day was going to be long.  I then looked at how much extra I would have to pay them for the extra hours.  And also if I got copyrights to my pictures.  When comparing photographers make sure you they are in the same class (ie years of experience, style, etc) before you compare packages.For videography, well I had a smaller budget for that bc I wanted more for my photos.  I searched for ones in my budget, asked each to send me a sample of their work and decided based on those samples.I used Pink Posh Photography and Rusty Bryce for videography
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So Im not really a newbie but I wanted to reply anyway..hahaha... 1:how did you and FI meet? technically online (yahoo personals), but really because of a mutual friend. 2:any checks? several!! we have all the big stuff done, and I just put deposit down for my photobooth! yipee!3: location (ceromony/reception)? Central Christian Church and San Luis Resort in Galveston.4: why did you choose this location? it was beautiful, I grew up down there, and we thought it would be fun...5:did you pick out your e-ring, or did he? my FI did...and he did awesome..the center stone came from my moms wedding ring from my dad who passed away when I was little....I was impressed!6: anything that you would change about it? nothing at all.7:do you get along with the FILs? I LOVE them, they are really great, and treat me just like one of their own kids!8: any children? nope9: do you work? yes unfortunately haha10: ask the oldies a question!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards