Texas-Houston
Options

Would you like this wedding favor?

I'm thinking of getting these as our wedding favors.  Would you think its a nice gift, useless, cute, or what?  We're greek so that explains the olive oil "theme" lol.....but you can put whatever you want in there.  The card insert says something about the hills of the Tuscany Valley, so of course my overthinking makes me think that its meant for Italian weddings. [url]http://www.weddingfavorsnow.com/oliveyouoilbottle.aspx[/url]

Re: Would you like this wedding favor?

• Options
    TaylorCristenTaylorCristen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ive never been to a wedding where favors were given and I dont plan to give favors at my wedding (unless we do a candy or cookie bar) but I think these are cute especially if it goes with your theme and it fits in ur budget.
    BFP 3.28.12
    missed m/c @ 9w5d, baby measured 8w1d, no h/b
    D&C 5.23.12
    heartbroken
  • Options
    shelly0921shelly0921 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To be honest with you, I wouldn't take it home and put it in my house.  I find that many favors are or become useless.  Have you thought of giving a donation to your favorite charity in honor of your guests?  This would put your $3-$5 per person to good use :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If it goes with your theme and matches yall as a couple, I say go for it. If not.. neh. I'm Italian and would love it if I went to a wedding where this was a favor.
    DX PCOS 11/10 - Failed Adoption 9/11 - LEEP 12/11 - Starting Clomid 4/1/12

Photobucket

I did it. I started a blog.

PAIF/SAIF Welcome

• Options
    TaylorCristenTaylorCristen member
    edited December 2011
    A charity donation is a good idea depending on ur crowd. I know tons of ppl that would love the idea and think it was a better use of money than a favor. But i also know others that would think it was a lame excuse to not buy them a favor. Some ppl expect to walk out with something in their hands and others think its no big deal that no favor was given. Think about the type of ppl you will have at ur wedding, do you think they would use an olive oil jar in their kitchen or do you think they would rather you dontate money to a charity or would they be satisfied with nothing at all?
    BFP 3.28.12
    missed m/c @ 9w5d, baby measured 8w1d, no h/b
    D&C 5.23.12
    heartbroken
  • Options
    Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am a guest that doesn't care either way if there is a favor or not, as long as the food and cake are good I am happy lol I think the favors are really cute though, and if they fit you guys - and you want to spend the money on them then go for it = )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    at least it is useable. I think favors that are edible are fine.
    My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • Options
    pinkypoo33pinkypoo33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely will have favors...there's no question about that.  I know for a fact that my guests would rather have something to leave with instead of a donation to a charity, and so would I.  I don't have a particular theme, I just think that we use a lot of olive oil in our cooking so people will definitely get use out of them, and the "LOVE" with the olive as an "O" is really cute :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok personally I would LOVE this favor. But then again, I love to cook so something like this is so much better than some stupid frame or candle or some other crap. ;)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol Born....I was gonna say there's a beautiful orchid candle that I like too.....neverminddd!  Seriously though, I want them to have something they can use and that will last a long time.  Thanks for the input everyone!
  • Options
    Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    ditto pp we use olive oil all the time so it would be great for us as well - I say go for it, and it looks like you can change all the colors so you can make them match your color scheme as well
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL. Um, yeah I'm sure the candles you were looking at would be the exception. :P But seriously, I got a bottle of olive oil in a gift basket thing at work and I refill it and reuse it all the time. It sits on my counter and I love it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it! I don't really cook, but I think its adorable. Its a favor I would keep.
  • Options
    cobanioncobanion member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love to get that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it! It's something you can use instead of candy that you eat and is gone, this is something to keep and everytime they cook and use it, they will think of the fabulous wedding they got it from.
  • Options
    erin0709erin0709 member
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a great idea and would love that as a favor!!  We had lots of comments after our wedding about the favors, so our guests definitely enjoyed having something to take home. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    hoopsgirlhoopsgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow thanks girls! I'm glad you like them.....I've been eyeing these for some time now so I think I'll finally order them...sometime...soon ...haha!  I'm such a procrastinator =/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards