Texas-Houston
Options

good bags for the BMs

One of the things I've been looking at is what to give my BMs. I think I will do a goodbag, and one of the items I was looking into was a "purse hanger" to avoid putting your purse on the floor or on the table. http://www.shopbluenow.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35&products_id=279A friend of a friend makes purses (she's a SAHM), and I may ask her to make a few for them.

Re: good bags for the BMs

• Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    cute! I have never used a purse hanger before, but looks like a great idea!
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    shelly0921shelly0921 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My boss gave me one for Christmas last year and it broke in 2 weeks :( .  But I loved it when I got it!
  • Options
    Zurita1123Zurita1123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw an article about them a long time ago about how girls put their purses on the floor and on dirty surfaces, then go put them on the table where you eat :-| and some wise one out there came up with the "purse hanger" idea. I'm looking at what else to add to the bag, I have a year to collect stuff. Any more ideas?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I heard about the same thing. So nasty. I did bags and the girls loved them. I got their names embroidered on the front. I put flip flops, shawls, ivory padded hangers for their dresses, their jewelery. I tied their things in leopard print ribbon to make it more personal.I wanted to get more, but I ran out of money & time. I wanted to get them an emergency bm's kit.
    Photobucket
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking of adding flip flops, but its going to be October... :-\  
  • Options
    ayersfam20ayersfam20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have used a purse hanger forever - I love it, mine has never broken.  It's a great gift!
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    October in Houston right? Houston is always hot 11 months out of the year. You should be fine. And the main reason why I got them flip flops was so they didn't have to wear heels at the reception "dancing shoes". They thanked me a million times for it. I wore flip flops with them :-)
    Photobucket
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ayers I love the siggy.
    Photobucket
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah you're right. Houston weather sucks. ayers- love the new siggy =)
  • Options
    ayersfam20ayersfam20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love my purse hanger, but they don't work on every kind of table. it seems that the majority of restaurants I go to have very thick tabletops with rounded edges, and the purse hanger just slides right off. when the table is less than 1.5" thick and has a squared off edge, it usually works great.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my girls embroidered wine bags from advantagebridal.com with their initial on them. I just got them in last week and they turned out super cute ! I am gonna put a bottle of wine in each bag then I dunno what else to get them I'm still working on that. I only have 18 more days so I better think fast lol. Any ideas on what FI should get his gm? He can't think of anything.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think April was the one who said she had flasks. I think that's a very nice idea for GM.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You know what is also great... that I always mistake as a purse hanger are the key changes that hook to the edge of your purse so you can always find your keys. You don't have to be digging around your purse. I LOVE mine. They have them at sam moon and on harwin. I have a blinged out paw.[img] http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2B3UUhAbdL._SS400_.jpg [/img]
    Photobucket
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sam Moon's has the the bling and the hangers, if you want to phsically pick them out.  They're a great gift.
    DX PCOS 11/10 - Failed Adoption 9/11 - LEEP 12/11 - Starting Clomid 4/1/12

Photobucket

I did it. I started a blog.

PAIF/SAIF Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards