Texas-Houston
Options

makeup and hair for...$1500

Hi Ladies,

I was originally planning on treating my 5 bridesmaids and the 2 moms to makeup and hair.  After checking around it looks like $1500 is the going rate.  I had planned on makeup and hair  being expensive, but not quiet this much : (   

I'm curious to know what you guys are doing!  Will you be treating your party to hair and makeup?  I would feel guilty only getting my makeup done.

Thanks!!!

Re: makeup and hair for...$1500

• Options
    Im only paying for their make up since its way to much. Dont feel bad about it they will understand! A few weddings I have been in I had to pay for my own make up and hair and didn't care at all. All those times too we got to chose one or both.
  • Options
    don't feel bad! I have bee to weddings where only the bride got her hair and makeup done and it didnt bother me one bit
    xoxo, Jennifer
  • Options
    Ditto, it's OK not to pay for everyone.
  • Options
    I've been a bridesmaid in 5 weddings and I have paid for my own hair & makeup in every single one. So I'm giving my bridesmaids the option to pay for their own hair & make up if they would like it done. No one has to if they don't want the expense, but almost all of them have already said to count them in.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  I really appreciate your feedback!!!

I think I will either pay for makeup only, or tell them the service will be available and that they can pay if they would like it done.

• Options
    You don't have to. I'm paying for them because it is tradiion for us, but I'm not paying anywhere near $1500. My hair makeup person is a freelance person so he charges less.

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Options
    I'm paying for 5 bridesmaids hair and makeup, my hair and makeup, my mom and my FMIL's makeup, plus trials for me, and its costing me $1100. I would shop around for a better price! I'm using Your Beautiful Face, they did my makeup for my engagement photos and it looked great and photographed really well!
  • Options
    I don't think I'll pay either.

But I also am not going to ask them to do anything particular with their hair or make-up or do it professionally.

The basic rule is that if you request it to be done professionally, you pay.  Otherwise, just leave it up to them and they can either pay for it or do it themselves at home.

SaveSave
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards