Texas-Houston
Options

Charles Nguyen Photography?

After attending the Bridal Extravaganza this weekend, I got an email that I won a free engagement photo session with Charles Nguyen Photography.  I checked out their website and it's very.....basic.  Has anyone had any experience with them?  Maybe their actual photos are better than what's posted on their website?

If anyone has any experience with them, good or bad, please share.  Thanks!
:)

Re: Charles Nguyen Photography?

• Options
    amy40311amy40311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I "won" a free e-session with them at a previous BE. After exchanging several e-mails with him, I got a creepy vibe and decided to forgo the prize. YMMV. For what it's worth, at the time we hadn't settled on a wedding date yet and I was in the very preliminary stages of planning so nothing was urgent. Just checked out his website again, you'd think in the time that's passed they would've updated their site, but it looks like the same images I saw the first time I browsed. Hmm... maybe their focus is not so much on site visibility?? Not sure about this one. Proceed with caution... then again it is FREE.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Um, that website needs some major updating.
  • Options
    PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I won last time I went to the Bridal Extravaganza, and my email had some fine print to it. I won the bridal session, but I didn't win the pictures. If I wanted any physical or digital copies of the photos that would cost, and the prices were not discounted in anyway. I decided to forgo the invitation because it seemed sketcy to me...
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• Options
    icekitty37icekitty37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the guy was at the last bridal show. everyone wins. he had no personality and personally i think no talent either! very sketchy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I "won" a free session at the Jan BE and decided to use it.  Photo session is really basic... something you can have done at JC Penney's or something.  He did some shots that resembled a moonlit park that turned out very romantic looking.  With the free session you get a free 8x10 photo also, but we liked one of the shots so much that we decided to upgrade to a 16x20 picture.  Bad choice.... picture turned out WAY to dark and when we asked to have it sent back to the photo lab to have it reprinted lighter, his wife intervened and said they can't do that.  They offered us another pose to reprint, but we didnt' like any of the others.  So now we're stuck with a dark picture that i dont' even think we can use at the reception.  Boo... not recommended.
    TTC #1 since 11/2010
    Me: 33 dx PCOS 11/2012
    DH: 37 SA 6/2012 - normal
    Cycle #1 on 50 mg Clomid 12/2012 - unsucessful
    Cycle #2 on 75 mg Clomid + Trigger 01/2013 - unsucessful
    Cycle #3 on 600 mg Vitex + acupuncture 02/2013

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards