Texas-Houston

flowers costs in october/november

is it true that flowers are more expensive during months of october or november?  i have no specific flowers, but thought it may be harder to order b/c of holidays and not in season.  is this true?  

Re: flowers costs in october/november

• edited December 2011

I have never heard of that, however if you go to flower row, you will be pleased with the prices that Rosewood has to offer!

KYPHILLY
  • sklink0486sklink0486 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if that's true or not either, but I know my flowers (getting married in November) cost about $400 more than I had expected..
    Planning Bio

Our wedding date is November 12, 2011

110 invited 86 accepted! 20 can't make it 4 haven't responded yet
    RSVP Date October 12th, 2011

• edited December 2011
    It depends on the type of flowers that your using.  As your meeting with florists, let them know you want to keep costs very low (before telling them your budget) and ask what flowers are most available and in season.........Expect the best quality and lowest prices to be for seasonal wedding flowers that are in their normal flowering season. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It's just going to depend on which flowers you want. Peonies - YES you are going to pay an arm and a leg because they aren't in season. Roses are pretty much in season year-round. Talk to your florist though. Most of the flowers they order are coming from other countries and what you think is in season may not necessarily be all you can get. (Because it's warmer around the equator.... ) Hope that helps!
    Anniversary
  • StephanieeeeeStephanieeeee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks all!  I am now looking for a flower/decor company that I can count on.  I don't' have any specific flowers I want.  as long as it is in season, and they can make it look good.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards