Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Vows & Exchange of Rings

Has anyone decided what their vows will be? What are you saying as you exchange rings?

Re: Vows & Exchange of Rings

• We are using traditional vows.   Neither of us are necessarily traditional people, but these words have stood the test of time, and convey the idea of a timeless promise pretty well.

If you do write your own vows, I would recommend you keep the traditional vows in mind in terms of what kind of promises you want to make each other.  Even if you use different (non-traditional) wording, these are still great promises to make:-)
    DSC_9275
  • We're going with non-denominational, the Irish Loving Cup ceremony, and our own vows. We haven't hired our officiant yet (too far out just yet!) but when we do, we'll probably use some form of the non-denominational vows while exchanging rings. If we decide we don't like those vows, we can always tweak them to our liking :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using traditional vows, because of the wedding is nontraditional in almost every other way. To add our own personal touches and sentiment, the FI and I are writing each other personal vow letters before the ceremony. That way we will be able to write our own vows, but have them to ourselves (and make them as mushy gushy as possible!) When I walk down the aisle, I'll know FI's exact feelings and I am sooooo excited!!!!!!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_vows-exchange-of-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:5eae156e-1555-4b86-835e-c68b8abc7241Post:e2828a7f-062b-4b91-8f7a-7d410d5ca704">Re: Vows & Exchange of Rings</a>:
    [QUOTE]Think of what you want your vows to express, and write accordingly.  Anything is fair game.....song lyrics, poetry, plain words.  It's what's in your heart that counts.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This is true, you can express your love however you want to.  But remember that vows are promises that you are making to one another, so the actual "vow" part should be what you proimse (to love each other no matter what, etc).  

</div>
    DSC_9275
  • We're doing handfasting and a sand ceremony. We'll either read our favorite poem to one another or we'll wrtie our own vows. Smile
  • Our minister read "Will you.......?" So all we had to say as far as vows was "Yes."  I didn't want to have to repeat a lot of stuff!

For rings: "I give you this ring as a symbol of my vow, and with all that I am & all that I have, I honor you.  In the name of the Father, and of the Son, & of the Holy Spirit."

The meat of our ceremony was traditional, with a few musical twists thrown in!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards