Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Moved my date up 5 months and going to vegas! HELP!

Please give me any places that you know of that would be good for a non tacky simple yet pretty wedding in Vegas!

Re: Moved my date up 5 months and going to vegas! HELP!

• You should post this on the Vegas board. But, um... please take out the word 'tacky' first. They don't like the stereotype that Vegas weddings are tacky by nature. Just ask for a simple chapel/hotel/whatever you have in mind.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_moved-my-date-up-5-months-and-going-to-vegas-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:5ed3ca55-6dfe-42fe-bc00-803013dfa1b7Post:ec0427ed-9138-458c-8087-dca19989077d">Re: Moved my date up 5 months and going to vegas! HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should post this on the Vegas board. But, um... please take out the word 'tacky' first. They don't like the stereotype that Vegas weddings are tacky by nature. Just ask for a simple chapel/hotel/whatever you have in mind.
    Posted by artbyallie[/QUOTE]

Who's they???
  • If you go to Vegas.com I think there is a section about weddings. As an individual who went to a Vegas wedding if you are inviting guests please take this into consideration. The locaton of the ceremony versus the location of where most of the guests will be staying and where the reception/dinner will be held. The wedding I went to we had to take a taxi from the hotel to the ceremony $25.00 tab. Then we all had to taxi to resturant for dinner (getting taxi's for 40 people at a location off the strip, not so easy), another $25 ride. Then due to location of resturant being off the strip we had to taxi back to the hotel, $15 taxi ride. Only thing that helped is that we stuffed the taxi's full so we shared the rate, but as you can see, it got expensive fast & challenging to move 40+ people around via taxi.

• Pretty much every single hotel has a wedding chapel. They are all really nice and pretty and wouldnt be considered "tacky". I would just start googling the hotels and looking at pictures. I have been to a wedding at Ceasers, and looked into getting married at either the Bellagio or Mandalay Bay, but we opted to have a big wedding at home.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_moved-my-date-up-5-months-and-going-to-vegas-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:5ed3ca55-6dfe-42fe-bc00-803013dfa1b7Post:a3e2e32a-4c46-4efc-be40-f09d232f0ddb">Moved my date up 5 months and going to vegas! HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please give me any places that you know of that would be good for a non tacky simple yet pretty wedding in Vegas!
    Posted by Amber408[/QUOTE]

<div>Not sure if someone's recommended this yet, but the FI and I are getting married in the Valley of Fire. There are quite a few wedding coordinators that will pick you up at your hotel and drive you out to the Valley of Fire for the ceremony. Just an idea!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards