Texas-Houston

Help.... Flowers

Hello ladies I need some help with some florist shops. See this is the situation, I am not that big on flowers so I really don't care if they are real or faux. I just didn't want to spend a lot of money on flowers that will be dead the next day. I thought about having me wedding coordinator create the flower arrangements that's needed but when you look at the price she's offering it's like I would do better going to a florist. I'm getting married in March of next year and my wedding colors are plum, lilac and gray. I guess the best thing is to set a budget of what I am willing to spend on flower arrangements for my bridal party, myself and centerpieces. can you ladies recommend any inexpensive florist shops that do nice work as well.  

Re: Help.... Flowers

• STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    alwaysfloral.com she has the best rates. I have sent many of friends over to her and they agree great rates and she delivers a great product.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • lealfrantzlealfrantz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the most difficult time finding a florist!
    I did try Always Floral. I have heard a million wonderful things about her. She was very nice, but she quoted me wrong and I thought I was getting a great deal. It ended up being a little more than the florist I ended up chosing. However, I think maybe it was just a freak thing with me.

I chose Lara with LZ Designs. She was reccomended to me by one of my patients and I am so happy she did. She is VERY talented. Her work is gorgeous! She had a quote for me the same day and emailed it to me within the next few days. I've even changed my mind on my flowers a couple of times and she has been absolutely wonderful about it! I would definately reccomend meeting with her!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I"m using alwaysfloral! I love her, she is awesome. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I thought the same thing, flowers are pretty but they are so pricey.  I ended up getting my flowers at Southern Floral.  I spent $23 on each centerpiece.  Of course, it was a tremendous help that my wedding day cooordinator told me where to get the best deals on the stuff I needed.  She even helped me put the centerpieces together.  Anyway, I guess it will depend on your flexibility as far as flowers go.
  • edited December 2011
    I am  also using Always Floral. I am happy with her so far!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mandan5Mandan5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used SCF Events.  I didn't want to spend a ton on flowers either and Laura really worked with me to stay well within my budget when other people looked at me like my budget was ridiculously low.  Laura had tons of ideas and was probably the easiest to get in touch with of all my vendors - a definite plus and even more impressive considering she had a baby less than a month before my wedding. 
  • ClassicTClassicT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a terrible experience with always floral. I heard so many good things about her here but the minute I got there she told me that she was expensive and she pretty much pushed me out and told me to try other florists. This is a recent experience, so maybe she used to be nice and cheap.
  • ClassicTClassicT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would try Dream Bouquet. The owner is extremely knowkedgeable and is willing to work with you.
  • edited December 2011
    Did you used Dream Bouquet? 
  • edited December 2011

I to had a HORRIBLE experiance with alwaysfloral.
    1. My coordiantor(who is a oot coordinator, and has to fly in) scheduled our appointment 2 months in advance. She called and canceled the day of.  No problem we rescheduled for the following day. We requested the am given that it was festival weekend. She ask that we come later in the evening like at 5pm. 5pm during crawfish festival , parking issues and the streets packed with festival folks was not kosher. 
    2. We paid 7 bucks for parking, to spend a total of 11 minutes of her insane behavior.
    3. The bride that had referred me, had an appointment with her the next day. So why did the chick tell her that I was asking for extragravent flowers on a very limited budget. (SOOO NOT PROFESSIONAL) We never even got to discuss types of flowers.
    4. She gave me my first and last bride cry when we left.
    5. I WOULD NEVER EVER REFER ANYONE TO ALWAYS FLORAL....BIG F!

KYPHILLY
  • edited December 2011
    Hi I own a special events  floral and decor company in the Houston area, Inventive  Events. I work well with any budget! Please friend me on facebook to see my portfolio Dextor InventiveEvents Rodgers. My company provides flowers, linens, decor, props etc... I work only with fresh flowers. I have extremely affordable rates, and I provide excellent products and service. If you need more information please e-mail me at InventiveEvents@yahoo.com Thanks & congratulations on your up coming wedding!!! Inventive Events 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards