Texas-Houston
Options

Las Velas vs The Gallery

I am currently trying to decide which venue to  have my wedding reception at.  I have seen both Las Velas, which was Paraiso Maravilla.  Actually I was ready to put down the deposit at Las Velas, but I want to make sure that I am chosing the right venue.  My fiance has not seen The Gallery, but has seen Las Velas.  One of my friends has been to wedding at both venues.  She tells me that at Las Velas it is too small and it is hard to dance because of their floor.  However, Las Velas already has package deal and The Gallery you have get your own venues.  Anybody been to these venues or heard about them.  Any advice?

Re: Las Velas vs The Gallery

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at The Gallery....loved it, I liked choosing my own vendors, I was able to nego better.
    Planning Bio
    Updated 8/24
    The Planning Blog
    Updated 8/26

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the information.  My fiance and I are going to go to The Galllery's  open house next week. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey. I'm not sure if you decided on a venue yet. BUT. I luv Las Velas and my fiance and I booked there about 3 weeks ago. The venue is very flexible and allows outside catering. We looked at The Gallery but my fiance did not like it at all. Besides, Las Velas is very romantic and doesn't need many decorations...where The Gallery is pretty simple and has more of a modern feel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards