Texas-Houston

CHEAP rehearsal dinner downtown

Hey ladies,

Can anyone think of a place downtown to have a rehearsal dinner on the cheap?  We don't care if it's really casual... just needs to be affordable and have good food.  We don't want anything fancy.

Probably only need space for about 25 people or fewer.  Our church is downtown, and we don't want people to have to drive far.

FI and I don't have much extra money for this and are just now starting to think about it.

thank you!

SaveSave

Re: CHEAP rehearsal dinner downtown

• I need to secure my rehearsal dinner location like yesterday! I havent heard back yet but I've contacted Treebeards and Liberty Kitchen oyster bar. Treebeards is downtown and Libery Kitchen is in the heights they both should meet your price requirements. I am also looking for affordable and good! I hope other fellow knotties have some good leads.
  • Treebeards is inexpensive and the food is really good.
  • An alternative is Nouveau Art Bar in Midtown.  If you can find inexpensive catering, that's an option. They have a space in the back that you can reserve for free. They were really easy to work with and helpful with table set up. It would easily accomodate 25 people. We had Rudy's BBQ cater which was pretty inexpensive. I think it was about $9-10 per person, and there was plenty of food. Iced tea was included with the food.  They deliver, but I think the minimum is 35 or 40 people though. People can order drinks at the bar if they want alcohol.

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Thanks for all the suggestions!  I'll check into them! 

I know treebeards pricing is pretty good--glad to hear that the food is good!

SaveSave
  • Spaghetti Warehouse! The place is great and has character and is delicious!www.meatballs.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards