Texas-Houston

Engagement Picture location

I am having our engagement pictures taken May 28th, but I still don't know where I want to take them. Any ideas?

Re: Engagement Picture location

• edited December 2011
    if your photog cant make any suggestions... before just say...going to any old park... try to think of something that's more YOU. like...a first date, where he proposed, y'alls hobbies, family property...anything that would personalize it more. Otherwise just about any park will work.
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• edited December 2011
    If your schedule is flexible- I know that the Houstonian will allow you to take pics on their property if you call them and ask. I know that they only let you do it M-TH or something like that. 
    ~~~grammatically incorrect~~~
  • edited December 2011
    I really love pictures taken at discovery green, memorial hermann park, or just natural areas. i just love more nature shots as the background. it all depends on what you want. :)
    xoxo, Jennifer
  • sklink0486sklink0486 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely prefer nature shots as well because I think the focus is on the couple and less "going on" in the photo.
    Planning Bio

Our wedding date is November 12, 2011

110 invited 86 accepted! 20 can't make it 4 haven't responded yet
    RSVP Date October 12th, 2011

• edited December 2011
    We just had our pictures done at Discovery Green and Minute Maid Park (the place for our first date).  DG was incredible and there is so much you can capture there.  Has a rural and urban feel.
  • lilmisstexlilmisstex member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We wanted the Houston cityscape as our backdrop so we had our engagement session downtown.  Some photos were taken on/around the Sabine Street bridge and the others were taken at Tranquility Park.  If you want more nature as your backdrop the Edith L. Moore Nature Sanctuary on Memorial Drive (between the toll way & Wilcrest) is really beautiful.

• edited December 2011
    We took ours at League Park and Helens Garden in League City and I love the way they came out. It was a drive for us but well worth it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards