Texas-Houston
Options

Vendor Reveiws PIP

Hello Everyone,
My husband and I got married on 11/5/2010 and it was incredible. I mostly lurked on these boards and posted every now and then. Below are my vendor reviews. I hope they help someone out there in wedding planning land. I'm also more than happy to answer any specific questions. I also posted a few pics to you could see some of the details I talked about. Thanks everyone! ~Kim
Venue: Agave Road – A+

agaveroad.com

Agave Road was amazing. They completely exceeded my expectations. The wedding was like a dream and we couldn’t have done it without them. Everyone at Agave is great to work with, but a special thanks to Lindsey Patillo, who was our coordinator.  I just can’t put into words how great this place is. You just have to be there. There is absolutely NO place like Agave, anywhere in Houston. I think they are my favorite vendor.

Food: Los Cucos (this was part of our Agave Road package) – A+

The food was delicious and there was a ton of it. No one went hungry at our wedding.

Cake: Cakes by Jessie (this was part of our Agave Road package) – A+

The cake was exactly what I wanted and very tasty! Everyone at Cakes by Jessie is so easy to work with.

Violinists: Divisi Strings A+

Of course, they were awesome! They played during the ceremony and through dinner. Then, they transitioned, seamlessly I might add, to the DJ.

DJ: Ivan (this was part of our Agave Road package) – B+

I thought Ivan did a good job but he did play a couple of cheesy songs and there were a couple of songs that my friends requested that he didn’t have. Overall, we still danced the night away. I don’t know if that’s a testament to how good the DJ was or how much fun me and my friends have together.

Florist: Allison Virgadamo (Swish Productions) – Afreaking+

I can’t say enough about my friend Allison. She is not a professional florist, yet, but she should be. She’s freaking amazing. If you’re interested in her contact information, PM me.

Invitations: Wedding Paper Divas – A+

Our invitations were perfect. They looked so expensive but they weren’t! I definitely recommend this website. They have such modern designs and great prices.

Dress: Brickhouse Bridal -A

My experience with Brickhouse was great. I expected the prices to be out of my reach but they weren’t. My dress was gorgeous and they were very helpful from beginning to end.

Suites: Men’s Warehouse – A+

The suites were perfect, all the guys looked great and they are very reasonably priced.

Dress Alterations: Beautiful U – B

They were nice enough but I never really felt like my dress fit properly. Too tight one place, too lose here, bunching there… I mean , for as much as they charged me I would have expected more.

Hair & Makeup – Elizabeth Day - C+, maybe a B

Hairbyliz.com

I was not a big fan of my hair and makeup, especially my hair. However, please note, 1)Elizabeth had a baby the day before my wedding, so, she was not able to be there. She sent 3 other girls in her place (she had to send 3 because they didn’t start until much later then we had planned). So, that being said this is not a review of Elizabeth Day. And, 2)I did not do a trial run with either hair or makeup.  I didn’t think it was necessary but it definitely is. To any bride to be out there, I recommend doing a trial. I skipped it to save money and that was a mistake. I didn’t realize how much I disliked my hair and makeup until after they were done and it was too late to change anything. The makeup lady put too much makeup on me but it didn’t do anything for me. It didn’t enhance anything. It was just a lot of makeup for the sake of wearing a lot of makeup. The hair lady just didn’t listen to me. I told her that I wanted a lot of body especially on top. Instead, she made my hair totally flat on top. Overall, they were OK. That’s all.

Photographer:  Erik Xydis –A

Erik did a great job. There were a couple of shots that I think he missed but I would still recommend him. I’m very picky and he met my standards and he was budget friendly. Plus, he and his wife are soooo sweet.

Linens: BBJ Linens – A+

All I needed were some overlays (Agave Road provided all the basic lenins). I rented varying shades of purple overlays for the reception. They has the best prices I could find and the overlays were exactly what I wanted.  

Matchbooks: Reception Ideas – A+

I bought matchbooks with our names and wedding date on them. They were very cute and well received.

Misc -

Bridal Accessories: Hair piece and clutch by Swish Productions www.etsy.com/shop/swishproductions">http://www.etsy.com/shop/swishproductions  – A+

Bridal Jewelry – found on Harwin – A+

DIY: ring bearer pillow, flower girl basket, favors, guest book pages

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Vendor Reveiws PIP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards