Texas-Houston

Videography recs

Hey ladies,

I have a videographer in mind, but I'd still like to keep looking for a little bit.

My budget is $1500, and we want a really fun, cinematic style.

Any recommendations?

Thank you so much!

SaveSave

Re: Videography recs

• Which videographer do you have in mind? I have a similar budget and am having a hard time finding QUALITY video in that price range.
  • Optix studios has an amazing style, and I love their videos (the owner is really great too)

But they don't give much coverage, IMO.  For about $1700, they only shoot for about 20 minutes (spread out over hours), give you the 20 minutes, then also give you a 5 minute edited trailer.  For $2600 they give you a more full length video, but that's out of my price range.

While the style is awesome, I really want more time than that. 

I've already inquired to another company called Jchristopher that is located in Dallas (they were recommended by a friend).  The style is really great, they give more footage, and for less $$, BUT I have to pay for their travel, and I'm not sure how much that is going to be.

I've seen a few other videographers who are cheaper and give more footage, but their style is very ordinary to me.  I really like things that are more artistic and fun.

SaveSave
  • edited August 2012
    You can try looking into Wedding Fanatics. Depending on what you want, their prices are pretty good and the style isn't bad (esp for the price). Maybe not quite so artistic/cinematic, but definitely better than a lot in that price range. I believe a fully edited ceremony, 8 min highlight video, and raw footage of everything (so the only thing you don't get is edited reception) with 2 cameras runs $1500. I met with them - they are a very sweet, young couple - and I liked them a lot, we're just still looking for options that are in the same price range that include edited reception footage.

Other than them (and Jchristopher), I haven't found anything else in that price range.
  • Thanks for the info!  I'll look into them!

SaveSave
  • ive worked with these guys before and loved the outcome

http://mantlefilms.com/
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• Mantle is out of our price range once you add travel fees because they're in waco (but very nice looking!)

JChristopher was booked.

The pricing online for Wedding Fanatics was out of price range too (at least what they stated online)

Anyone else have any more ideas?

SaveSave
  • Try contacting wedding fanatics for a more complete price list.. I'm not sure what you want included, but for what I listed above, they were $1500 when I contacted them ~a month ago. it looks like they've changed the packages they're showing on their website... but it doesn't sound like they've changed the actual packages.
  • I have two friends who started their photog/video company about  ayear ago. if you want their info , PM me and I will send it to you. they do cinematic work and since they are somewhat new, they are reasonable
    xoxo, Jennifer
  • Blue Star video has one that starts at $1500. They used alot of cool equipment at my wedding as well. www.bluestarvideo.com
  • I thought Wedding Fanatics were the best price but I don't know if there pricing has changed recently.
  • My budget was like yours, and I had the same problem. I heard Rusty Bryce was really good, and his price was good too. His videos aren't super artsy, but for that price, he was better than what I had seen. He was booked for my wedding date, so I ended up going with a photo and video package from Evoke. Wedding is in November so we shall see. From my experience, it is super hard to find an artistic cinematic type videographer for that price. At least if you're looking for an established wedding videographer, that is. You can try looking into Craigslist for newcomers or students who are wanting to start their portfolio.

We got married 11/3/12!!

• let us know who you end up with :)
    xoxo, Jennifer
  • Still no luck.

Wedding fanatics are out of my price range (they said they won't go below their $2300 package)
    I contacted who you recommended through facebook, Jen2013, but haven't heard back.  Maybe I need to find a different way to contact them.
    Perryevans and bluestar aren't really the style/quality we're looking for.

I got a couple other recommendations from other people, and I emailed them, but haven't heard back.

So, still looking and waiting to hear back from a few.  We're kind of stuck with whether we value quantity or quality more.  I guess I didn't realize how little $1500 can buy you for this kind of thing!

SaveSave
  • edited August 2012
    monkeysip- thanks for letting me know :) I just sent Joe a message on his personal FB account to let him know. I will PM their email and phone incase you didnt see it. But hopefully they will see your message soon!

I know they have been finishing up shooting with a designer on the univision channel. that may be part of the hold up :)
    xoxo, Jennifer
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_videography-recs-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:4a2e796b-c6fc-4250-af46-3370bffd76b1Post:cd073209-387d-49fe-bd75-3df9ba89444c">Re: Videography recs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Perryevans and bluestar aren't really the style/quality we're looking for.   I guess I didn't realize how little $1500 can buy you for this kind of thing!
    Posted by monkeysip[/QUOTE]

Have you even spoke with Blue Star? They are pretty flexible.  They sorta customized my video the way I wanted it...a little fun and a little romantic with the music I wanted.

And yeah, I'm pimpin' Blue Star....I just loved the work they did for me...that's all.
  • I booked Wedding Bug for my photography and videography for $1400 including upgraded video.
  • Just as an update for anyone interested

Jen2013--your recommendation was very budget friendly, and I like their work.  I'm going to talk to them further.

I do have one other company that said they could work with my budget, and their videos on their website look GREAT.  They're called MIA productions.  I'm meeting with them this weekend for further details.

Thanks for everyone's help.  I'll let you know who I end up booking.

SaveSave
  • Awesome! I am so glad to hear. I'm sure whoever you pick will be great. Let us know! :)
    xoxo, Jennifer
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards