Texas-Houston

Woohoo 12/18 Vendor Reviews

We got married on December 18, 2010 at the Carriage House Café. It was an amazing night and everything 

Wunsche Bros. Café and Saloon (A++)- This is where we had our rehearsal dinner. The food, the facilities and the staff were amazing. Everybody felt at home and had a wonderful time.  

Carriage House Café (A++) We knew Carriage House was perfect for the Hubby and I the first time we went. It has an awesome western atmosphere and we didn’t have to do any decorating at all. The food was amazing. The staff was wonderful and Alysia was always there to answer my questions and to give me good ideas of what they have done in the past. I will always remember Carriage House and remember how wonderful my wedding was because of them. 

SAGA Lifestyle Photography(A++ )-  I knew I wanted to take my bridal pictures with my horses and I came upon Sallie through my farrier and not only does she do weddings but she was also an equine photographer. She was wonderful and got all of the pictures we wanted and also let us take family pictures before our engagement pictures. Her name was Sallie Gillispie and her website is www.sagalp.com 

Jennifer Aronson Makeup (A++)- Jennifer was AMAZING!! I don’t wear makeup on a daily basis and she was able to transform me into a beautiful bride without making it look like too much. She did my trial makeup for the Bridal Pictures and it looked awesome. Everybody loved my makeup. She did awesome.

Elegante Entertainment (A++ )- Frank was so amazing. I live up in Huntsville and he drove to Spring (45 min.) every time we were getting together to go over the wedding schedule. Even the day of when I was making changes to the schedule he was awesome and so reassuring. I can’t say enough good things about Frank. 

Alma’s Cakes(A++ )-  The cakes at our wedding were amazing! Alma’s was only a few minutes from the venue and the only bakery that I had time to meet with. The cakes were exactly what I envisioned and everybody loved them. They were delicious and she was so affordable. 

Heaven’s Rain Floral Design (A++)- I loved Camilla! I wanted all silk flowers for my bouquets and she did a wonderful job and made the changes that I wanted and so the flowers were perfect. She also drove from League City to Spring to make my life easier. I was very fortunate to find Camilla to do my bridal party flowers. 

Amy Wilson (A++ )- This was a good friend of mine that is a graduate student at Sam Houston State University. She did my centerpieces and the rehearsal dinner arrangement. She was amazing! She delivered and set up all of the centerpieces the day of and even went to my bakery to do my cake flowers for me. 

Helzberg Diamonds (A)- This is where we got  wedding bands. They were very friendly and not pushy at all. I will be going back to them for any other jewelry that we need. 

David’s Bridal (B+)- I got my wedding dress at David’s bridal and also did my alteraqtions there. At my first fitting they spent a lot of time with me and I wasn’t very happy when I found out how much my alterations were. When they swiped my card for the alterations it ended up going through twice and it took me over a week to get my $225 back. This was very upsetting and I’m not looking forward to doing anymore business with them in the future. When I went back to pick up my dress they did not spend very much time with me even though I had an appointment. This is why they are getting a B+ instead of a perfect score. 

Al’s Formal Wear (D)- Initially my husband wanted to wear camoflauge vests to the wedding and the only place that offered these vests was Al’s Formal Wear. We went to look at the vests and it was ridiculously expensive to get the jacket at Al’s formal wear. We ordered a camoflauge vest for our bridal pictures and went over to Men’s Wearhouse to order a jacket. When we got the vest for the bridal pictures it was 3” to short and it did not look good in the pictures and when Chad went to return it and to tell them what happened they accused him of not pulling his pants up high enough. After I heard that I was very unhappy and made it known to them. I would not recommend Al’s Formal Wear to anybody with the way we were treated. 

Men’s Wearhouse (A++)- We were very pleased with the way MW treated us and were delighted to use them for our wedding. We ended up getting vests that matched the bridesmaids dresses and the guys looked stunning. 

Postcards.com (A)- I used this website for all of our Save the Date Cards, RSVP cards and our thank you cards. They all turned out great and everybody loved them.

Avia Hotels (A++)- We stayed at this hotel on our wedding night and it was so amazing. They had champagne and chocolates in our room free of charge and we had in-room breakfast the next morning. It was definitely relaxing after a long week of wedding planning and the wedding itself. We plan on going back for special occasions from now on.

I think that is everything. I would recommend everybody except Al’s Formal Wear. I haven’t posted much on these forums but I learned a lot from reading everybody’s posts. Hope this helps someone in the future J

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards