Texas-Houston
Options

Just Found a Beautiful Galveston Venue

So a friend of mine recently got married and just posted her pictures on Facebook. Oh my Sweet Jesus, her venue was b-e-a-utiful.

She had the reception at Garten Verein in Galveston. I looked up the information, and it is fairly inexpensive for being so gorgeous.

I think it looked amazing.

And now we are as one
Married February 20, 2011

Re: Just Found a Beautiful Galveston Venue

• Options
    nackiejicholenackiejichole member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in NO WAY trying to be negative here but please check this place out first. I know you didn't ask for opinions but I would want to save anyone the headache I went through. This is where I always thought I would have my reception. I never thought about getting married much but I did always think Garten Verein in the back of my mind. I was so disappointed when I saw it in person. The pictures have always been so pretty but when I arrived to look at the location I was in shock. It is not maintained the way it should be and there were so many other issues. The way it looks in person is definitely not the way it looks when you walk in this place. I ended up booking the Ashton Villa which was also part of the GHS. The woman that rents both buildings was very rude and did not care that the grounds at either site were in poor shape. She made a statement once "You are not curing cancer it is only your wedding." She promised for months that all of the issues we had with the maintenance or lack there of would be taken care of asap but it never happened. She was very difficult to work with and I eventually got in touch with the Pres of the Historical Society and got most of my money back because he agreed. I lost my deposit money but it is well worth it to book another venue in Galveston that is brand new and the people are amazing. I just know I was almost in tears for months dealing with this place and worrying our big day would be ruined. I wish you the best of luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Smile
  • Options
    PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info. I already have a venue, I just went to a friends wedding there. But I appreciate the details. It is so hard to know what places are good/bad without getting into the details.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• Options
    sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree w/Nackie.  The venue is NOT pretty at all.  I will say, with the right work involved, you can dress it up and make it look gorgeous, but you end up spending more money than it's worth, just to make it look nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate to jump on the negative band wagon but I agree.  I was originally scheduled to go Ashton Villa and then thought about going to Garden Verein because my guest list grew.  Both places need a lot of work but they entice you with that super cheap price.  In addition, I would not suggest anyone go to Garden Verein for health reasons.  The entire ceiling is covered in MOLD and they tell you that when you come. I would be too afraid that someone would have an asthma attack or get sick. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards