Texas-Houston

thank you cards

Are you supposed to send out seperate thank you cards for the shower and for the wedding or do you just combine them into one card?

Re: thank you cards

• edited December 2011
    Each gift needs its own thank you card.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    right. but do you give them a thank you card for bringing you a gift to the shower and then a thank you card for coming to the wedding? Most people who are invited to the shower will just bring you a gift then and just come to the wedding without a gift. 
  • edited December 2011
    If you think your guest would be miffed not getting two cards, do two.

If you think they'll get the point in one card "Thank you so very much for X item, i'm really thankful you were able to come to the wedding yada yada" then that's fine.

This is strictly with my family, but they'd be more concerned that I was shelling out extra money just so they could get two cards that say the same thing.

Just make sure everyone gets a card, whether or not a gift was involved, just be certain to include extra thanks for the gift. It may not be etiquette so you can check that board too, but I think realistically it's fine.
  • edited December 2011

I was thinking of just doing one thank you card after the wedding because we are going to take a picture the day of the wedding with a thank you sign.  I was going to include a thank you for the gift as well as thand you for coming to the wedding all in one card.  but then i have people that are telling me that it is two seperate events so i should do two seperate cards.  i don't think that my family and friends would get upset about just getting one card, especially because of the picture.

• icekitty37icekitty37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    definitely two cards! It's really nice to be able to give a card right away for what they did bring to the shower. Also what I noticed is some people who bring gifts do not bring something to the wedding, so it'd be a while before they get their thank you. 
  • tjw2011tjw2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've already sent out thank you cards for the gifts that were rec'd at my shower.  If I receive another gift from someone that already gave a gift, then I will send another thank you card.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • erolliserollis member
    Sixth Anniversary 25 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    If the shower is say a week before the wedding I can see you combining the two thank you cards into one. If the shower is about a month from the wedding or more then I would send separate thank you cards. I would like to know you got my gift. Then if you are completely opposed to sending two thank yous even though they are far apart you should at the very least call them. Let them know you received their gift and appreciate it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mhphoustonmhphouston member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2 cards!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards