Texas-Houston

Trash The Dress

So we are going to do a trash the dress session, but I have a few questions.

First, for those of you that have already done a TTD session, how much did it cost to get your dress preserved after the session? I figure if I am getting it preserved, might as well make them work for it right?

Second, does anybody have any suggestions for places to do a TTD session? Preferably north of Houston since I am in Huntsville and my photog is in the Woodlands. If you don't have any specific locations, are there any pictures that inspire you for a TTD?

Thank you in advance.
And now we are as one
Married February 20, 2011

Re: Trash The Dress

• STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It is really sad, but after my TTD my dress is still hanging in my closet all gross with sand. I need to get it cleaned I just never got around to doing it.

I had my TTD in Galveston on the sea wall. It was alot of fun. Maybe you can do something on the lake in the Woodlands or in Old Town Spring.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally not related to my TTD, but your son is adorable. I have been wondering how everything went since you posted that you were expecting. Congrats times a thousand on your little bundle of joy!
    And now we are as one

• STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!! We are in love with him. ;-)
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • edited December 2011
    OK  I have no idea what a trash the dress thingy is or why.  Please educate me
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_trash-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:643970b7-a980-4b47-b484-f1651bf9cd94Post:85a7fed7-8884-4283-94aa-63405b8fccb5">Re: Trash The Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK  I have no idea what a trash the dress thingy is or why.  Please educate me
    Posted by lisa4766[/QUOTE]

they are often also called rock the dress, or day after sessions that you do with the groom.   say you didnt get enough pics of you on the wedding day... you can take pics again without worrying about getting the dress dirty because the wedding is over. Some get dirtier than others. I didnt spend much on my dress because i have no plans on handing it down. was wearing it once. (well twice - cause i KNEW i wanted a TTD session no matter what). Mine is wadded into a ball, still filthy, at the bottom of my closet.

A very small sampling of my session is here:
    <a href="http://mustangsandhighheels.blogspot.com/2010/07/trash-dress.html">http://mustangsandhighheels.blogspot.com/2010/07/trash-dress.html</a>

(and my sig of course)
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• edited December 2011
    Love your Trash the Dress! Awesome Pics!
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can honestly say that it was both of you (MidniteMustang and STBMrsMartin) that led me to want to do a TTD session. Both of your pictures are uh... Amazing! When I saw your pictures, I knew that I wanted to do one of these sessions. Now I just have to figure out all the details.
    And now we are as one

• edited December 2011
    I am in LOVE with you TTD pics!! Where were the junk yard ones taken?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_trash-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:643970b7-a980-4b47-b484-f1651bf9cd94Post:75383b52-9749-4966-9c34-ac70cae00347">Re: Trash The Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love your Trash the Dress! Awesome Pics!
    Posted by DannG2012[/QUOTE]

thanks!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_trash-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:643970b7-a980-4b47-b484-f1651bf9cd94Post:d6a5f861-5235-4b9b-b398-408e3a0a7697">Re: Trash The Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can honestly say that it was both of you (MidniteMustang and STBMrsMartin) that led me to want to do a TTD session. Both of your pictures are uh... Amazing! When I saw your pictures, I knew that I wanted to do one of these sessions. Now I just have to figure out all the details.
    Posted by PJS001[/QUOTE]

awww cool :)   cant wait to see what you come up with!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_trash-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:643970b7-a980-4b47-b484-f1651bf9cd94Post:e9efef77-7453-4f82-8db7-c05b837fcb7f">Re: Trash The Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am in LOVE with you TTD pics!! Where were the junk yard ones taken?
    Posted by ThatGirlAudrey[/QUOTE]

Thanks! - it's not a junk yard persay...it's a ditch behind my company's paint shop. lol so i took them where i work (in the oil & gas industry). I'm sitting on an old welding machine!

• edited December 2011
    Been wanting to get a trash the dress session done for-ever!  Been awhile since we were married, finally getting to do it.  We are going to Lake of the Ozarks -MO this summer and we are planning it all out there. 

Mustang and high heels- that photo shoot turned out amazing!  I'm wanting to go with drown the dress or a paint fest...

PJS001 have you booked your session yet?  If so how did it go?  Any tips for me/us?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards