Texas-Houston

The Raven Lodge - Huntsville State Park

LOVED my venue. If any of you are "budget / DIY brides" - I highly recommend this venue. It is very vintage / rustic, and it's only $250 to rent for the whole day....chairs and tables included! You can't find many pictures or information on it online, so you just have to go visit the park.

http://blog.mustardseedphoto.com/heather-dustin-wedding-raven-lodge/

Re: The Raven Lodge - Huntsville State Park

• edited December 2011
    How many does the venue hold?  Your wedding looked amazing! I was admiring it as an avid fan of Mustard Seed a couple of weeks ago.  Congratulations :)
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are able to do indoor outdoor I would think it could handle about 100 people. But if you wanted something strictly indoors, then 50 would probablly be pushing it. Also, there is information on the TPWD's website. You can also call to get more information.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• Gorgeous!  Do they allow alcohol?  
  • I am having my wedding there in April - I was told they allow alcohol but you can't have it in a container that you can tell it's alcohol...

I.E. you can't just walk around with a beer bottle/can...
  • To have alcohol did you have to hire a bartender?  Also, did you have a dj?
  • No, you do not have to have a bartender, the park ranger has been a friend of the family since he started there in like 1992. We are getting married at the lodge in November, hopefully everything comes together like we are pushing for!
  • I couldn't find many pictures so I took the liberty of sharing the ones I took one sunny day as a blank canvas because we're getting married there in April. Hope this gives you an idea of the lodge :)

the patio area (I didn't get the entire patio but it's a pretty good size)

a view from behind the lodge

the fireplace located between the rr's

the path leading to the back of the lodge

this is the reception hall, though small it is beautiful and rustic

This is the kitchen area that leads to the reception area. on the right there is a bar and full kitchen through the door on the right

• In Response to <a href="http://bryan-collegestation.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_raven-lodge-huntsville-state-park-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:68003c04-9d82-42de-9cd6-7babcb3a8ea5Post:26774217-d9f8-4a4c-a4b1-df7c9b1ff021">Re: The Raven Lodge - Huntsville State Park</a>:
    [QUOTE]I couldn't find many pictures so I took the liberty of sharing the ones I took one sunny day as a blank canvas because we're getting married there in April. Hope this gives you an idea of the lodge :) the patio area (I didn't get the entire patio but it's a pretty good size)   a view from behind the lodge   the fireplace located between the rr's   the path leading to the back of the lodge   this is the reception hall, though small it is beautiful and rustic   This is the kitchen area that leads to the reception area. on the right there is a bar and full kitchen through the door on the right  
    Posted by futuremrsregulus[/QUOTE]

<div>Hi, does anyone have the number or website for the Roven Lodge?  I am planning my wedding and I absolutely love the simplicity and greatness of the scenary. </div><div>
    </div><div>Please advise.  Thanks!</div>
  • Hi Does anyone have a tel# or address for this venue to contact them?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_raven-lodge-huntsville-state-park-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:68003c04-9d82-42de-9cd6-7babcb3a8ea5Post:f93c5f4e-b361-4c9a-8a07-5947ea8186ac">Re: The Raven Lodge - Huntsville State Park</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Raven Lodge - Huntsville State Park : Hi, does anyone have the number or website for the Roven Lodge?  I am planning my wedding and I absolutely love the simplicity and greatness of the scenary.  Please advise.  Thanks!
    Posted by mqkaren[/QUOTE]

Their phone number is 9362955644
  • One more question?! LOL. Does anyone happen to know what the table/chairs style are? Rectangle/circle, etc.

I called today, but the woman wasn't too specific. Just said they have tables/chairs for 100. I know it'll be cold, but we're figuring to use the lodge for the reception, and the patio for the reception, then while we're doing pictures, my MOH's beau's move the chairs inside so we can use the patio for a dance floor. Or, weather permitting, we flip it.
  • I just called the number in Austin (for Reservations and to get more info) and here is all the info she gave me (she said they don't have specifics as far as policies for what you can and can't do if having a wedding there and you would have to go up there or call the Huntsville number for that info... so I tried and the line keeps going dead on me):
    Austin: 512-389-8900
    Huntsville: 936-295-5644

You can have up to 200 guests
    No pets allowed
    Weekend price is $250/per day + $2 per person age 13 & up (entrance fee)
    It is a 4,000sqft bldg with a full kitchen and Men & Womens restrooms.
    There are 14, 8 foot tables and 75 chairs.
    I am trying to find out more info and when I do I will post it - please post if you have any additional info as well.

• Hi! I am wanting to have my wedding at the raven lodge one day! did you have to rent tables and chairs? I heard they have chairs but are they a quality for a wedding? I could rent chairs but I am defiantly on a budget. what type if tables? Lol so many questions!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards